• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking with a Cold

GreenMiley

Greenlighter
I'm just curious to hear about experiences others have had smoking weed while sick with a cold. I typically avoid it if I'm having any shortage of breath from a cough or something like that, but I really like the effect if I'm just fighting a fever.

It's generally always been a positive experience for me. Seems to help with fever and nausea, able to get some restful sleep..
Also it can be really useful to get some appetite going, so you can actually enjoy getting some food in ya

Tight chest or a bad cough you could always whip up some edibles.. Little stick of cannabutter in some cream of chicken soup, mm gonna have to try that one day :)

Yeah it's been getting cold everywhere now , with a cold (which I'm starting to get now) I always take small hits and hold them in a bit longer instead of big hits that hurt with a cold .

i hate it personally. I either use it as time for a t-break or try the oral ROAs or use my vape. smoking usually makes me slightly congested at certain times so it makes it harder to breathe when sick.

smoking with a cough is the absolute worst tho. i've had a bad cough for a while now and it screws with my bong tokes :\

haven't had any fevers while i've been a stoner surprisingly

Someone told me that taking a gravity bong hit through your nose clears their sinuses. This is just a rumor, so take this with a mound of salt.

I find that a very low amount, just enough to feel the effects is good for me when I have a cold (unless I just cannot sleep at all). I find the bronchodilator effects to be great for a cold (increases ability to breathe), and the dopamine increase lets me pass thru the day a lot quicker and get it over with and makes it overall more enjoyable. Smoking a lot while having a cold hurts the throat I find, and can occasionally leave me feeling just, well, super stoned with a cold or burntout (at the end of the day), instead of the energy boost with a small amount.

Me and my friends smoked today, and one of them was sick. He told us that he had gotten a cough yesterday, and generally felt terrible. We smoked a blunt (stupid in retrospect because what if we get sick) and after a while we were fine and he didn't mention it again over the course of the hours we hung out. Smoke the right amount and you can probably get away with smoking while sick.

I normally stick to vaping or dabbing when i got a cold, I cough up a storm, but its the good cleaning cough that clears you up. in the long wrong u should try vaping or dabing if your able too

i hate it personally. I either use it as time for a t-break or try the oral ROAs or use my vape. smoking usually makes me slightly congested at certain times so it makes it harder to breathe when sick.

smoking with a cough is the absolute worst tho. i've had a bad cough for a while now and it screws with my bong tokes :\

haven't had any fevers while i've been a stoner surprisingly

Completely agree with this.

Smoking with a head cold sucks and I find it makes it worse. I have also noticed that if I'm JUST starting to feel a cold coming on (maybe the very first onset of scratchy throat or stuffy nose or what have you) and I smoke cannabis then it's almost guaranteed it's going to morph into a full blown head cold. Whereas if I don't smoke sometimes the cold never fully develops and takes hold.

Which makes me suspect there's some marginal immune system suppression at play there. I too just try and abstain when I'm dealing with a cold or feel one coming on. For me it only makes the entire experience more miserable and the symptoms more intense.

Smoke with a cold? Almost always.

I don't smoke with headaches, though. If I've got a headache, I'm popping some kind of sleep medication and drinking a beer or two while it kicks in. Weed just makes the headache so much worse for me.... I don't think I've ever managed to "cure" one by smoking tree.

The toughest smoking I ever powered through was when I had walking pneumonia two years back. That was a rough couple weeks.... :( Smoking didn't cause anything to hurt more or anything, but it definitely prolonged the illness unnecessarily and probably doubled the amount of rainbow-colored phlegm I was coughin' up. Shit was gross.