Need advice for deca/test ethanate cycle

Bravofox

Greenlighter
Im currently taking test ethanate at 250mg a week with one injection for 8 weeks now (apparently thats a low amount compared to what ive read on here). Im going to start adding deca to my cycle as well and would like some info and advice for dosages to get the best of what ive got. This is my first time using steroids and could use and advice given.

Im currently 5'8" at 180lbs. I started at 160lbs. Ive made good strength and size gains but im looking for better results.

I wouldn't recommend doing that. Finish the cycle you're presently on and hold the deca for another time. 250mg Test is ideal for a first cycle. How many more weeks do you have left? How many calories and grams of protein are you eating per day?

Yeah I agree come off the gear for a while before starting a new cycle or maybe bump the test up another half a ml per week if you plan on staying on, could go as high as 2ml per week

Im probably not taking in as much protien or calories as i should be for optimal gains. I drink a protien shake twice a day which gives me 70grams of protien and around 450 calories. I dont harshly monitor what i eat but i avoid simple sugars, eat alot of potatoes and chicken when ever i can.

Ive got about 2 more injections for this cycle until my vial runs out. If i do cycle off, what post cycles should i get to maintain what i have gained and how long should my break be? I was told by a friend that i should wait half as long as my cycle to the same length.

Also if you could give me a sample cycle for test and deca that would be greatly appreciated. I understand that ill have to eat alot more calories and protien on deca.

Food diet and the workouts are more important then anything gear you use.
Id stop for the 4 weeks, adjust all of those things since it seems like youre fairly new to everything not just gear

Once you have everything tuned in id start up another cycle

As Mike says, you need to organise your diet before you consider doing another cycle. Results stem from a quality well thought-out diet. Without knowing what you're eating and how much, you're making it very hard to understand how your body responds. Simply taking more AAS is NEVER the right approach.

You won't need a PCT for this cycle if you spend the next few weeks tapering down your dose. So if you have 500mg left, take one final 250mg shot as scheduled, then halve the dose the following week to 125mg, then do two more weeks at half of what's left (60-70mg). This should acclimatise your body to reduced testosterone. Take taurine at 3-5g per day if you aren't already to assist with recovery.

As for a second cycle, I would avoid Deca if I was you. It's highly suppressive. Simply do another test cycle with a slightly increased dose. Rome wasn't built in a day, and simply taking more AAS and an endless mix of compounds doesn't help in any way in the long run. So take your time. You need to learn how to make the most of as LITTLE gear as possible for long-term results and good health.

And just a quick FYI: in future organise everything before you start your cycle...

I get what you guys are saying. I cant get good measurements if i dont know my dietary intake or have a stable diet. I feel that my work out methods are solid i just need to work on my nutrition. Nutrition is a pain in the ass for me. Im in the military so i eat what i get.

I think ill take your advice CFC and slowly ween my body off the test while working on building up a better diet that i can track.

As Mike says, you need to organise your diet before you consider doing another cycle. Results stem from a quality well thought-out diet. Without knowing what you're eating and how much, you're making it very hard to understand how your body responds. Simply taking more AAS is NEVER the right approach.

You won't need a PCT for this cycle if you spend the next few weeks tapering down your dose. So if you have 500mg left, take one final 250mg shot as scheduled, then halve the dose the following week to 125mg, then do two more weeks at half of what's left (60-70mg). This should acclimatise your body to reduced testosterone. Take taurine at 3-5g per day if you aren't already to assist with recovery.

As for a second cycle, I would avoid Deca if I was you. It's highly suppressive. Simply do another test cycle with a slightly increased dose. Rome wasn't built in a day, and simply taking more AAS and an endless mix of compounds doesn't help in any way in the long run. So take your time. You need to learn how to make the most of as LITTLE gear as possible for long-term results and good health.

And just a quick FYI: in future organise everything before you start your cycle...

In one hit or staggered throughout the day...??

Take the taurine split up into two doses, one in the morning and one at night.
I'm taking 4g of powder taurine a day. 2g in the morning mixed with water and 2g in the evening, same deal.

Hope that helps.

We don't have a solid answer for this (the study in which taurine was used to prevent testicular atrophy is vague on dosing protocol).

However taurine does have a very short half-life (about 2.5 hours). This was the reason I suggested 3-5g (instead of human equivalent 1.5g as per the paper), since high(er) doses of taurine have no negative sides and it will extend heightened plasma levels better. Part of taurine's action may be through glutathione as well, which would make its half-life less critical.

However as suggested twice daily would be better than once. Adding a gram or two to shakes or preworkouts spread throughout the day could be even better.

FYI 5g of taurine powder comes to about one rounded teaspoon.

Last edited:
We don't have a solid answer for this (the study in which taurine was used to prevent testicular atrophy is vague on dosing protocol).

However taurine does have a very short half-life (about 2.5 hours). This was the reason I suggested 3-5g (instead of human equivalent 1.5g as per the paper), since high(er) doses of taurine have no negative sides and it will extend heightened plasma levels better. Part of taurine's action may be through glutathione as well, which would make its half-life less critical.

However as suggested twice daily would be better than once. Adding a gram or two to shakes or preworkouts spread throughout the day could be even better.

FYI 5g of taurine powder comes to about one rounded teaspoon.

taurine reversed nandrolone decanoate-induced perturbations in sperm characteristics, normalized serum testosterone level, and restored the activities of the key steroidogenic enzymes; 3β-HSD, and 17β-HSD. Moreover, taurine prevented nandrolone decanoate-induced testicular toxicity and DNA damage by virtue of its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-apoptotic effects.

Thats an interesting paper CFC... Considering some time off, so might be very useful..

Worth a shot for sure. It now seems almost certain that excess oestrogen/aromatase activity and resulting free-radicals in the testes cause much of the trouble. Thus certain other antioxidants/membrane stabilisers may also help in recovery too (probably NAC and maybe ALA). Whether they can overcome the effects of a heavy cycle remains to be studied, but they must surely help. The fact that this was achieved with deca is very promising, given how overwhelmingly suppressive it is.

I remember using taurine over the summer with a heavy tren blast and my testes went back to normal size. I know size isn't an exact measure of "performance", but they went from almost non existent back to regular size and I just felt overall better. Now taurine is a staple in my daily supps along with daily tadalafil, fish oil, and glucosamine.

I remember using taurine over the summer with a heavy tren blast and my testes went back to normal size. I know size isn't an exact measure of "performance", but they went from almost non existent back to regular size and I just felt overall better. Now taurine is a staple in my daily supps along with daily tadalafil, fish oil, and glucosamine.

Size relative to yourself (ie compared to your pre-AAS size) is actually a pretty good gague of test levels, even though it's a useless comparison between people.

Sooo like what is the big deal on muscle enhancements! I got some from a buddy and showed my dad who is a navy doctor. The reaction was not what I expected lol I injected me the first few times until my mom found out lol but I recently got a lead from my buddy about a website that reviews the supps . My question is I need advice on what's a scam and legit. I can take hints but really I need help

People dont have much experience with steroids other then general BS the media puts out
So you probably should have expected a bad reaction from your parents, even if your dad is a doctor

Not really i have done my research and read some articles, my dad even gave me some books from his office. Its just like anything thing else either your on side A or B., so with that i would to add most people that are apossed to them might have had a personal Bad experience with them or friend,family,spouse, etc etc. ( from my research).............Know ur Mind, Know ur Body and Know ur Source

Not really i have done my research and read some articles, my dad even gave me some books from his office. Its just like anything thing else either your on side A or B., so with that i would to add most people that are apossed to them might have had a personal Bad experience with them or friend,family,spouse, etc etc. ( from my research).............Know ur Mind, Know ur Body and Know ur Source

thats takes critical thinking and many people like that now a days

This is your first cycle? and you're only 180lbs.

I would save deca for a later cycle, and stick with the test only.. If you would like maybe bump the test dose up to 400-500mg/week if you feel you need to. But the eating is what is going to make you big, not the drugs.

5,8 at 180 isn't half bad if the body fat, if he's sub 12% that's about right imo