• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

December Getting/Staying Clean and Sober Thread v. Happy Holidays!

I've got about two weeks clean from H. My fixation on IVing and dope has lessened tremendously in the last few days, feels good man.

(Although I cheated 3 days ago by taking a 20 mg oxycodone tablet, but we're not going to talk about that...) :\;)

That's still progress man! :)

you sir.....are alright. I cheated on my taper. I took an extra .25mg xanax cos my brain felt kinda weird and I was twitching like I had tourettes.

Hang in there! An extra 0.25mg isn't a whole lot, just remember not to go overboard when you're having a rough day - this will help the most. <3

I cheat constantly which i guess is a habit. Ive had some reveations ately and lots of change going on in my life. Just needed to tell on myself cause no meetings in 2 weeks and some slips but i got proper help close to me and some of it i really dont think its a big deal. I think im gonna go back to how i was in my 20's, without the drinking. Happy new year!!

A lot is going on in my life too closeau; I can really relate to that. It's all really stressful at times and I don't know how to deal half the time but I try anyway.

I'm getting really stressed out with real-life stuff but I'll pull through. 14 months, 5 days %)

Happy New Year everybody! So it's day 17 off the opiates and the story seems to be fading into the background for now. It's a good feeling! I expected more cravings and PAWS but I do feel improvement in cycles. All good on this front. Now, the next issue I want to tackle is that of benzo use. To be honest, I have no idea how dependant i am and if i need to really taper. i have been taking them regularly over the last year, especially the last 3 months. Mostly clonazepam and diazepam. On average over the last 3 months I have probably had every 3rd or 4th day off benzos. The days I do take it its anywhere from 10-30mgs diazepam or 1-2mg clonazepam with a couple of outliers (clonazepam 3mg once, diazepam 55mg once) So the dosing, given the half-lives is pretty steady, though appears to be random. In my eyes it takes about 7 days for clonazepam to fully clear and up to 25 days for diazepam to clear for me. I have done a UT in the past and it was negative for diazepam after 2 weeks despite regular dosing.

Anyway, I am rambling. Long story short, should I just do a semi-taper spacing out the doses more and more while also slowly reducing them? So take clon or diaz every second day for a while, then third etc. Or should I go for the real Ashton-type slow taper on diazepam where I cut 10% of a daily dosage every 2 weeks or so? I feel the Ashton process might be a bit excessive and could actually cause more tolerance than what I have been doing by having the receptors permanently occupied and hit much more regularly, but I might be completely wrong. Opinions?

Happy New Year everybody! So it's day 17 off the opiates and the story seems to be fading into the background for now. It's a good feeling! I expected more cravings and PAWS but I do feel improvement in cycles. All good on this front. Now, the next issue I want to tackle is that of benzo use. To be honest, I have no idea how dependant i am and if i need to really taper. i have been taking them regularly over the last year, especially the last 3 months. Mostly clonazepam and diazepam. On average over the last 3 months I have probably had every 3rd or 4th day off benzos. The days I do take it its anywhere from 10-30mgs diazepam or 1-2mg clonazepam with a couple of outliers (clonazepam 3mg once, diazepam 55mg once) So the dosing, given the half-lives is pretty steady, though appears to be random. In my eyes it takes about 7 days for clonazepam to fully clear and up to 25 days for diazepam to clear for me. I have done a UT in the past and it was negative for diazepam after 2 weeks despite regular dosing.

Anyway, I am rambling. Long story short, should I just do a semi-taper spacing out the doses more and more while also slowly reducing them? So take clon or diaz every second day for a while, then third etc. Or should I go for the real Ashton-type slow taper on diazepam where I cut 10% of a daily dosage every 2 weeks or so? I feel the Ashton process might be a bit excessive and could actually cause more tolerance than what I have been doing by having the receptors permanently occupied and hit much more regularly, but I might be completely wrong. Opinions?

It's your call, I would space out your dosages and gauge how you feel - a taper may be unnecessary. Of course the opiate WD going on as well complicating things, but it sounds like you're actually doing so much better than the average person has. :)

Let us know how it goes for you!

Good morning everyone! Day 18 off opiates, day 3 off benzos. Pretty damn proud about the opiates, feeling unsure about the benzos.....but I'll just sit with the feeling. When I wake up in the morning I feel bizarre, but not in full-blown benzo wd or anything like that. I just hope it doesn''t increase in intensity. Once I've been up for a while I am kind of ok. I guess I have gotten used to the benzos so it's just another mental and maybe physical habit I have to break. Given I was taking clonazepam and diazepam it's probably too early too gauge how nasty or not this will get. So far, not too bad.

Sounds good man. 18 days kicks ass. I know how horrible paws can be but seems like youre doing ok. I know nothing abut benzo wd. Im on Kolonopin 1mg 3x day. It really saves my ass from nasty panic attacks but ive never stopped so idk. Im thining if you kicked opiates then benxzos shuld be fine. Proud of you!! Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone! I haven't taken any intoxicants since July, except Lyrica a couple of times.

I got an XBox One for Christmas, and I've been spending time playing Fallout 4... I also got some new graphics software and have been playing with Photoshop and Illustrator for a few days... Made a piece of vector art today:

rays-1.jpg

Into the Light! :)

congrats on all the hard work and progress guys! Another month's passed, and this is going into the archive. :)