• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

December Getting/Staying Clean and Sober Thread v. Happy Holidays!

That's probably how it will end up. I am not the best at tapering opioids (unlike benzos). Fun fun times.....

Are there any hospitals that you can detox at. Those are going to be pretty gnarly my friend.....When I was 26 i quit alcohol morphine and benzos at the same time...I didn't know just how dangerous that was....It was bad. Basically, start looking for a sub doctor or a methadone clinic so you can start tapering down under medical supervision.

In a side note:When I did that detox it wasn't the physical symptoms that got to me the most...it was the soulcrushing loneliness and despair coupled with the anxiety of a thousand badly made decisions.

Basically don't try to cold turkey a habit that large.

Ok that makes sense. i used to be worried about taking 60-80mg Oxy and getting high and itchy and now 250mg morphine and nothing. How did this happen so quickly? must be the street heroin. Hope that shit wasn't cut with suboxone or was in fact suboxone in a concentrated form. I am really struggling to explain such a large jump in my tolerance suddenly after so many years of using consistently. Yes, I could check into rehab or detox but that would have potentially serious implications for my insurance so its not an option. i will rather have to CT or score more and get the support on here to stick to a taper and withdrawal. I am down to 24mg of Hydromorphone. I might have to IV or IM it to get the most of it. Maybe I can ask a close friend for some oxy 30s or sth. Anything that'd make it easier to taper. At least i AINT WORKING AND THERE IS NO SUPER HEAVY financial pressure on me now. I just dont know what path to go. But the sooner off the junk the better. thats for sure.

I got dumped by my girlfriend after a post-rehab relapse. I know what you mean. I went to four meetings that day and in between the meetings it was hour by hour. I know the feeling. Sorry for what you're going through.

Can anyone help me figure out this dam bluelight stuff! I wanted to start a new thread for my PAWS or post acute withdrawl syndrome to opiates. I need some help figuring out how to cope with life after a year addiction to sniffing perks..

Today has been very troublesome for me. Another hour down.

Can anyone help me figure out this dam bluelight stuff! I wanted to start a new thread for my PAWS or post acute withdrawl syndrome to opiates. I need some help figuring out how to cope with life after a year addiction to sniffing perks..

click here

I wish I could say that one day.

So do I. It's a big dream of mine to one day say i have been off everything a year. Especially being able to say I have stopped benzos despite have generalized-anxiety disorder.

I was doing quite well in 2014. I might have used a total of 30 benzo tablets the entire year. Now i am lucky if I have 1 day free off them.

hey man don't feel bad. I take like 8mgs of xanax a day and it does nothing but bring me to baseline. Anxiety for me is no joke. I don't want to end up in the psychward again. (that place sucks....most of the time)

CH: Babysteps my man. It is like slowly making a beautiful poem one word at a time. You say a word (an accomplishment) then another then another....fairly soon you have a poem written that would make Homer's illiad look like a trip to the local marshall's to try on irregular shirts!

It is hard when you have hard days like everyday. I grew up in a house that having a horrible day was the norm. What I did to stop it was leave...that may not be your option, but something else I did was stand up for myself. You are one bad ass motherfucker! never forget that.

Christmas will be 3 months exactly off H, I just realized. Christmas friggin' day. Happy Holidays y'all =)

CH: Babysteps my man. It is like slowly making a beautiful poem one word at a time. You say a word (an accomplishment) then another then another....fairly soon you have a poem written that would make Homer's illiad look like a trip to the local marshall's to try on irregular shirts!

thanks man. :)

Another day down.

this is for you CH! There is no freaking way you can't hear this song without smiling

hey yall! prepare yaselves!

Way to go custard!!! Are you sleeping? Im very proud of you. A month is huge and will be your hardest month. It will get easier and easier till you getvto the point where youre just living and dont even think about it. You deserve the best of life. Now is your time!!! Grab it and welcome to life☺️