• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

December Getting/Staying Clean and Sober Thread v. Happy Holidays!

There are some really good people in the rooms you just need to be careful because there are also some predators.

I'm a guy so I don't think I need to worry about that :) I used to go to a meeting where I'd see creepy middle aged men trying to thirteenth step some beautiful young thing that was a newcomer. I did my best to shut those situations down when I saw it. Anyway, it's not an issue at the meetings I presently attend.

I'm a guy so I don't think I need to worry about that :) I used to go to a meeting where I'd see creepy middle aged men trying to thirteenth step some beautiful young thing that was a newcomer. I did my best to shut those situations down when I saw it. Anyway, it's not an issue at the meetings I presently attend.
Well yeah that is definitely an issue but when I meant predators I meant people that are looking to use someone as drug hookup or something along those lines and pulling others into a relapse along with them. Just some assholes don't use the rooms for recovery but as away to find drug connects but the percentage is no higher then the rest of the scumbags in the general pop doing the same kind of shit. I used to thoroughly enjoy the rooms,the people,the converstions, the shitty coffee, the camaraderie,and talking with people that don't look at you sideways when speaking of the stuff you did or pain you endured in our addictions!

Good morning! I overdid it in the garden again the day before yesterday and ended up laying in bed sick all day. I kept looking at my liver and yelling "traitor!". I have some new beautiful plants to put in place today...three bags of topsoil, one 100lb bag of peatmoss....(i mix it with my compost and topsoil) and quite a large area to design.....One thing I like about gardening that I compare to my sobriety is growing vines on a trellis. They start off as just a couple small plants in the ground that you have to take their shoots and use twist ties to attach them to the trellis...but once they start growing they cover the trellis and start blooming. Rehab and therapy tied my vines to my trellis and I have bloomed.....however, it took me a long time to understand that it takes both sunshine and rain to make a plant grow...

Remember folks, you life may be shit, but some of the best flowers grow out of there. Bloom where you are planted.

Fucking green thumb. Chicken shit. That is my favorite fertilizer. I still owe you a pm and a picture of one of my chili plants don't I.

I'm loving life because everyday when I was up the first thing I do is go take a huge dump. For someone with a history of opioid (mis)use and Crohns disease, I'm not sure I can ask for more than one regular, healthy bowl movement per day.

Fucking green thumb. Chicken shit. That is my favorite fertilizer. I still owe you a pm and a picture of one of my chili plants don't I.

I'm loving life because everyday when I was up the first thing I do is go take a huge dump. For someone with a history of opioid (mis)use and Crohns disease, I'm not sure I can ask for more than one regular, healthy bowl movement per day.

I know what you mean! The GI tract seemingly is the last peripheral organ to get back to normal for me, post opioid withdrawal.

here is a gross mental image: You know you have been abusing opioids when you take a shit after three days of not being able to, and you look down into the bowl and it looks like The Thing's (from the fantastic 4) dick.

I don't miss that. Taking a probiotic everyday has certainly helped my digestive track. I also have to eat lots of greens (swiss chard, collards, mustard greens, beet shoots) to help my liver. If you are getting backed up. Try some greens...they will aid your digestion and make things move along a little easier.

I saw my step brother for the first time in three years yesterday. He remembers me before I was addicted, but mostly has memories of me being a full time fuck-up. At first we both had our reservations when talking...then I think we both realized we could trust each other again. It was like two old friends talking about the good times...and some of the bad. He is also going to work on my ex to get my son down here for the holidays...he lives in northern philadelphia and he told me he would broach the subject of driving up to get my son, and then driving down here to Florida with him. Here is hoping..

Good things happen when you let them.

At the height of my alcoholism I never shit because I never ate! I remember in all my detoxes the nurses constantly asking me if I've had a bowel movement yet. You don't shit when you can barely choke down two bites of a sandwich.

You should totally plant some Swiss chard and collard greens in your garden chef. Especially the collards, grow like weeds and so tasty.

I'm feeling depressed but I'll pull through.

{{{Captain}}}

tumblr_inline_nkg180npA71shrb8p.gif

Whats up u sober sons'a'bitches. 15 days and feeling good, started exercise week ago and feel great. Was a short relapse but long enough to have mild withdrawls. Funny thing is I was so scared of having withdrawls again that I almost didn't stop..I didn't listen to that little a'dick't in my head, and so life is looking up. Trying to get info from another person on here about a halfway house in Daytona Beach, but recommendation for area was enough to be honest...All 15 sober living places there are highly rated and affordable....plus its Florida, The beach, Sexy women in Bikinis, and roller coasters with Orlando close by. I almost ended up homeless or at a jesus camp as a last resort and im agnostic, Wasn't excited but I was ready to do whatever I had to to get a place to live so I can rebuild. But turns out family will help pay for my trip to Florida from my home state of Tennessee. Anyway...Im grateful for being sober, and that the Dark depressing impending doom that I felt 15 days ago is over. Anyway Thanks everyone for posting..Ive read tons from oct-now on this thread. From the most depressing post to the uplifting ones, all of them have been helpful.

I took latkes to my 10pm meeting last night. They were a hit. Happy Hanukkah to any yiddisher khaverim (Jewish friends) that might be out there.

HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO BLUELIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BACK AFTER 2 YEARS OF SILENCE! Luckily the admin was kind with getting my password sorted. So to cut a long story short, over the last 2 years things have been up and down but all in all I have matured emotionally and with my use. However, over the last 2 months this has changed due to some unforeseen circumstances I don't yet want to talk about at this time. ANyways, so I have been staying at home mostly for the last 2 months and using pretty much daily, both opiates (high doses) and benzo (not daily and only medical doses). Both are pr4escribed to me for certain conditions. However I have abused them and added streert H to the mix - a lot. I only snort, swallow tablets and have IMéd and SCéd a few times (maybe 5). IV morphine only in the hospital. Besides H I have been abusing hydromorphone and morphine, orally and the dilaudids also via insulflation and SC shots. I have only few opiates left (8 4mg tabs) and I want to quit. The H was really increasing my tolerance and sending me broke. My relationship with my gf is strained and I want to quit. Sooooo.....I have never gone this long in a row so am shit-scared about the WITHDRAWAL!!!! Does anybody have any advice? At the moment barely feel 250mg of oral morphine or 20mg of insulfalted Hydromorphone. For me, that's bad. I used to get consistently high off 60-120mg of Oxycodone or 100-160mg of morphine for the last 3 years....no more. Really scary. My tolerance is through the roof. Please help!! Even if its only kind words.

Captain heroin, I remember you are also based in Brisbane. Good to see you are around and trying to stay clean. Any help appreciated.

Captain heroin, I remember you are also based in Brisbane. Good to see you are around and trying to stay clean. Any help appreciated.

I've never been to Brisbane.

I suggest looking into local methadone clinics and suboxone doctors.

Do you think the habit is too large now to cold-turkey? Something in my says I want to give it a go this weekend.