Dexamphetamine performance enhancing

Rosco625

Greenlighter
Hey SWIMs friend has a darts grand final comjng up and has asked swim for something that might make him play at his best! Swims friend is 60 years old and SWIM was wandering if a dosage of 10 mg dexamphetamine would be safe for someone of his age and wether or not it could increase his performance. Also the friend rarely drinks alcohol due to diabetes but is willing to have a few beers on the night to hopefully also increase performance. Would 4 beers make the dexamphetamine dangerous for someone of his age? Thanks :)

Hey SWIMs friend has a darts grand final comjng up and has asked swim for something that might make him play at his best! Swims friend is 60 years old and SWIM was wandering if a dosage of 10 mg dexamphetamine would be safe for someone of his age and wether or not it could increase his performance. Also the friend rarely drinks alcohol due to diabetes but is willing to have a few beers on the night to hopefully also increase performance. Would 4 beers make the dexamphetamine dangerous for someone of his age? Thanks :)

First, we don't use SWIM here. We know it's you. Second, amps are stimulants and chances are that would override teh effects of alchol, although 10mg is a very low dose. Is this Adderall or straight up Dex? Either way at that small a dose I'm pretty sure it's not too dangerous unless he has a heart condition.

A stimulant would not be the best thing - he/you are more likely to shake. This is the reason competitors in sports like darts or archery tend to do the opposite: block the effect of adrenaline with a beta blocker. Also beer/alcohol is unlikely to improve performance in any way, and more likely to make it worse.

Okay thanks for that, good to know. Was more thinking the dex would work in a way of tunnel vision concentration and blocking out the surroundings but your reasoning makes more sense. Cheers :) and I think the beers is more of a confidence thing for him

Yes I understand where you're coming from, and in theory it should do that. But in actual fact sports or activities that require precision are wrecked by having too much adrenaline/alertness. It causes minor tremors through the sympathetic nervous system and will make you less accurate.

A compound that quietens down the outside world and calms your flight-fight response will guarantee a much more accurate aim.

Propranolol is the typical drug of choice since it can easily cross the blood-brain barrier (ie gets into the brain/CNS - other beta-blockers are less able to do that), reduces anxiety (makes you calm), but without causing excessive somnalence (sleepiness).

^^^spot on. Even caffeine gives me mild hand tremors especially when I'm trying to focus such as shooting pool. Propranolol worked well when I had the shakes coming of drugs back in the day. Very few side effects. I know some surgeons use it to help steady their hands and public speakers use it to calm their nerves without fucking them up like benzos would.

Professional singers too, relaxes the vocal cords pretty effectively.

Diazepam springs to mind here, or some beta blockers. Not something I would indulge in every other day though

Diazepam springs to mind here, or some beta blockers. Not something I would indulge in every other day though

I wouldn't want diazepam as the half life is extremely long. Also can intoxicate the user especially when combined with alcohol. Also I'd assume this drug may be procured "under the table" as in the states it's getting harder to get scripted benzos due to the abuse problems we have so last thing I'd want is a long acting drug in my system that could be detected in a drug test. Ex: take Valium for the competition. Next day get in car accident from some dumb ass and you fail the drug test, boom you're held liable to a degree and get no settlement and possibly a dui. Maybe I'm just paranoid though.

Yeah not valium... not so much because of the half life but benzos will hinder performance (GABAa effects etc).

I suggested diazepam as it's very easy to get, where I'm from anyway. I wouldn't reccomend alcohol with it 5mg yellow before competition I was thinking

Professional singers too, relaxes the vocal cords pretty effectively.

Propranolol relaxes vocal cords? If that's the I have a bottle and I shall use it when I record. I write my own music and I've been wanting to sing for a while now just never have the time. If it will help then I'll have to try it out!

Propranolol relaxes vocal cords? If that's the I have a bottle and I shall use it when I record. I write my own music and I've been wanting to sing for a while now just never have the time. If it will help then I'll have to try it out!

Yep, it's quite popular, especially with opera singers as it seems to improve the timbre of the voice.

Yep, it's quite popular, especially with opera singers as it seems to improve the timbre of the voice.

That's good to know! Well then it looks like I'll be keeping that bottle for now. I was going to sell it but if it's going to come in hand then why not keep it for myself haha

Age problem? no
Combo problem with alcohol? no other than less effect from alcohol
Would it be efficacious? not at all, at least for dart tournament.
What would I suggest? Acetylcholine supplement and/or racetam nootropic.

Cholinergics also cause muscle tremor. I don't think there's any sound basis for supplementing a cholinergic.

Darts require a lot of precision in a muscle suspended in the air. While some drugs may have the effect of increasing concentration, or focus, or maybe even accuracy/hand-eye-coordination, any of these benefits will be drowned out by any additional muscle instability. Like was said above, propanolol is likely to help. That's about as far as anyone could reasonably recommend taking things in a competitive environment.

Maybe... maybe you could argue a role for nootropics during practice to enhance plasticity...