View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-I vs other 2C-x chems

yodermstr

Bluelighter
I've noticed that around here everyone seems to have awful experiences with 2C-I and 25I NBOMe as opposed to others (the only ones I see on the streets is B and occasionally E) and I notice that I don't react as well to 25I as I do the other 25x chems and I can't find anything comparing the 25I and other 25x chems or 2C-I or other 2C-x chems. I was wondering if anyone else could give some first hand answers or maybe drop a good link? I couldn't find any other threads on this so it might just be people getting bunk 25I around here but even stuff people have ordered from online vendors seem to have a lot of negative effects compared to other NBOMe chems.
I'm sorry that was really redundant but can someone confirm this or am I just crazy?

Last edited:
Most NBOMe chems tend to have more negative side effects in comparison to other psychedelics.
However, just because 25i is derived structurally from 2c-i does not necessarily mean that it will carry similar effects, whether positive or negative.
For example, 2c-c is a pretty calm relaxed psychedelic for me, largely devoid of negative side effects, but 25c is very compulsive and stimulating with a tinge of insanity.

Most NBOMe chems tend to have more negative side effects in comparison to other psychedelics.
However, just because 25i is derived structurally from 2c-i does not necessarily mean that it will carry similar effects, whether positive or negative.
For example, 2c-c is a pretty calm relaxed psychedelic for me, largely devoid of negative side effects, but 25c is very compulsive and stimulating with a tinge of insanity.
for me I find it the opposite, the 2C-x chems seem to have far more negative effects compared to the 25x chems 25x chems seem to just give me really cool visuals and numb the hell out of my thinking but the 2C-x chems always have a weird body load and puts me in a really strange headspace some more than others. but i might just be the oddball I seem to react differently than everyone around me

the 2C-x chems always have a weird body load and puts me in a really strange headspace some more than others.

Personally, I consider the "strange headspace" to be the primary effect of psychedelic drugs :p Visuals are a side effect.

2C-I has the least-weird headspace of any of the 2C-X compounds that I've tried. Maybe that's why I like it the least.

Last edited:
I've never tried a 25x but I've tried most of the regular 2Cx. It's been years since I've had any of them but I'll do my best to compare them. For the record, 2CI is one of the best 2Cs for sure.

2CD - like 2CE "lite" great for mixing other chems like another 2C or MXE. It can be very visual. High doses are hard on the stomach. 4 to 5 hours.

2CE - Monster psychedelic. Very visual. Some would say dark. Bad body load taken orally. You will most likely puke on come up unless you're into squirting liquid up your ass. Not a fun chem in the sense 2CI was for me. 8 to 9 hours.

2CB - this is the only illegal one where I am so who knows if I actually ate real 2CB. But what I had certainly felt similar to phenethylamines. Very strong body buzz, not overly visual. It was fun do dance on. I mixed it with other phens a lot. 4 or 5 hours

2CC - best phen hands down. I don't like feeling sick during a come up so this one is a god send. Nice visuals and is relaxing. 4 or 5 hours.

2CT2 - only did this one a bit. Makes you feel gross. I don't remember a lot about it. Don't remember how long it lasts.

2CT7 - I only had this one a few times. Makes you feel gross coming up. People say it's quite visual but when I was doing this one I had an ultra tolerance built up. I would try again. I think it's 10 hours?

I find tryptamines more my speed. Cooler visuals, gentler comeups. The ones I've done; 5meodalt, 4acodmt, and 4homipt are not comparable to 2CI.

Personally, I consider the "strange headspace" to be the primary effect of psychedelic drugs :p Visuals are a side effect.

2C-I has the least-weird headspace of any of the 2C-X compounds that I've tried. Maybe that's why I like it the least.
I agree with you on how the headspace is the main factor if we are talking about lsd or any of the 4-HO-xxx or 5-MeO-xxx chems (I haven't been fortunate enough to try many) but with the NBOMe stuff the headspace is a lot different, almost immature for lack of a better word. I find it hard to appreciate, sometimes it gets really dark and I don't like it but that could be due to a lot of mental health stuff

I've never tried a 25x but I've tried most of the regular 2Cx. It's been years since I've had any of them but I'll do my best to compare them. For the record, 2CI is one of the best 2Cs for sure.

2CD - like 2CE "lite" great for mixing other chems like another 2C or MXE. It can be very visual. High doses are hard on the stomach. 4 to 5 hours.

2CE - Monster psychedelic. Very visual. Some would say dark. Bad body load taken orally. You will most likely puke on come up unless you're into squirting liquid up your ass. Not a fun chem in the sense 2CI was for me. 8 to 9 hours.

2CB - this is the only illegal one where I am so who knows if I actually ate real 2CB. But what I had certainly felt similar to phenethylamines. Very strong body buzz, not overly visual. It was fun do dance on. I mixed it with other phens a lot. 4 or 5 hours

2CC - best phen hands down. I don't like feeling sick during a come up so this one is a god send. Nice visuals and is relaxing. 4 or 5 hours.

2CT2 - only did this one a bit. Makes you feel gross. I don't remember a lot about it. Don't remember how long it lasts.

2CT7 - I only had this one a few times. Makes you feel gross coming up. People say it's quite visual but when I was doing this one I had an ultra tolerance built up. I would try again. I think it's 10 hours?

I find tryptamines more my speed. Cooler visuals, gentler comeups. The ones I've done; 5meodalt, 4acodmt, and 4homipt are not comparable to 2CI.
ive only had 2C- B I and E honestly but thanks for the input, I noticed you didn't critique 2C-I which was the key one? haha maybe an honest mistake but I've been doing a lot of research and I think there might be something with the 2C-I and 25I chems themself I have read a few other people on erowid talk about them being really dark experiences compared to other NBOMe chems

Oh ya I was just comparing them for you. The most 2CI I've done was 25mg. It's great, lots of energy, cool visuals, easy come up. It's been a while since I've done it but I would definitely buy a gram or two if I found it.

I've only had 25-E. I can see it's virtues but at the end of the day, it was a very empty psychedelic. Sure it was potent, visual, and on the surface...really good. But a few more exposures and it was actually hollow and did not feel healthy.

On the other hand, I find most of the 2Cs to be rich and wonderful psychedelics.

2C-B: good all purpose psychedelic, easy on the body and mind. Very visual and randy. Not deep, but fun material.

2C-C: most 'mescaline-like' of the 2Cs. Can facilitate rich experiences, easiest on the body of all of them.

2C-D: another good all purpose psychedelic. As others have said, like a 'light' 2C. At least under 50mg. One of the shortest psychedelics there is (4-5hr max), at least when taken orally.

2C-E: The "LSD of the phenethylamines." Deep, complex, technical, difficult and wonderful.

2C-I: speedy, recreational stuff. Had some good experiences with it, but once some of the others came around I abandoned it.

2C-N: only tried it once, reminded me most of 2C-B but deeper...but had some serious side effects and never tried it again.

2C-T-2: Very good psychedelic but very bad side effects, could not tolerate it.

2C-T-4: only tried once, took me to a strange dissociated place. Will try again one day.

2c-T-7: the rolls royce of phenethylamines. Just the best most deluxe and fancy psychedelic there ever was. LSD, mescaline, and MDMA-like. Soo sooo good.

Not yet tried some of the others like 2C-T-21 and 2C-P but look forward to evaluating those one day as well.

Last edited:
2C-I was my favorite 2C-X, speedy, amazing body high, cool fractal visuals, pretty easy on the mind.
I also had
2C-E never really did much for me, other than make me ill, unless combined with MXE.
2C-P Liked it, more in my head than the other phens, but still easy on the body and mind.
2C-C only had 100mgs to play with when I had a terrible tolerance, still found it stimulating.

Of the NBOMe's I only had 25c and 25b, Liked 25C a lot. Way more visual than any of the 2C-X, only thing that has ever passed it is really good mushrooms. Much easier come up on(in the beginning), shallow and fun. Depth could be added with MXE Too bad it's deadly and unpredictable.

DOC though, that's a proper psych in my opinion.