• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe - how to crush the pill gently...

AnrBjotk

Bluelighter
After deciding - rather unwillingly - to start taking the bupe the intended way, I've been struggling with getting the most out of it. Experience has taught me that the pill needs to be crushed just slightly - so that it becomes several small pieces, but not a powder - in order to give maximum effect sublingually. But recently I switched to yet another generic brand, and this one is much more fragile, meaning that just the slightest pressure causes it to become a fine powder - which mild means WDs all day.

Is there a good way to make sure I don't crush it too much? Any experience? I havent invested in a proper pill crusher yet, but rather putting it into a paper pocket and putting pressure on it.

Wait, so let me get this straight... How much the bupe pill is crushed before you put it under your tongue makes such a drastic difference to the point where you're in mild withdrawal??

I can't see this being possible. Maybe I'm missing something? What specific brand of bupe do you have?

just bite it into about a dozen little pieces gently and work the lil rocks under your tongue. it really doesnt make a difference, although when its powder and it turns into a solid cump that can be quite annoying. will your pharmacist not give you the option? "chunky or smooth?" they do here. with supervised doses obviously tho.

Hey I get the 2 mg tabs, little round fuckers. But I break it in half with my nails as even as possible, then a small pocket knife to make like 6 equal pieces of small bupe and then I stick it in my bottom lip/gumline...it seems I have more veins and capillaries there. Takes longer to absorb but worth it cause I absorb all that. Hope that helps

I guess larger surface area means faster absorption (therefore, leaving your body quicker) but there's no way it's causing a difference in how long it holds you off..?

There's a suboxone Dr. whose website I used to frequent a lot before finding BL and according to him he explains that crushing the sub and using the tongue to "paint" it ALL over your mouth. Inner cheeks, roof of mouth, gums, and tongue. That makes sure absorption is 100% don't swallow for 5-10 minutes, let it soak in. Your whole mouth is full of capillaries and blood vessels. Also some medicines can affect how it's metabolized, so maybe check the interactions of what you're taking with bupe. I also brush teeth and mouthwash right before dosing my bupe, unless I'm railing it ;)

There's a suboxone Dr. whose website I used to frequent a lot before finding BL and according to him he explains that crushing the sub and using the tongue to "paint" it ALL over your mouth. Inner cheeks, roof of mouth, gums, and tongue. That makes sure absorption is 100% don't swallow for 5-10 minutes, let it soak in. Your whole mouth is full of capillaries and blood vessels. Also some medicines can affect how it's metabolized, so maybe check the interactions of what you're taking with bupe. I also brush teeth and mouthwash right before dosing my bupe, unless I'm railing it ;)

So, you're all saying I'm crazy? It might not make much sense, but I swear, if I crush the pill to a powder and put it under my tongue for my usual 12 minutes it doesn't work as powefully as if I crush it into small pieces. Could it be because I'm accidentally swallowing the powder?

And as for "painting": I've also found that if I paint gently at once, leave it for 12-15 minutes and then paint again - providing there is any left to "paint" (which again seems to be determined by mouth flora etc) - afterwards, it works better than painting a lot at first. Again, tell me I'm crazy. I just need to work out a perfect routine otherwise I'll lose my mind not feeling as good as I know I could be....

I'm gonna try and get this started on last time, because it's driving me crazy. Never mind how much the pill is crushed or whether it's whole (I know doctors recommend it being split into smaller parts but not crushed) which is how I roll these days:

Why is it that some days it works like a dream, other time it's barely noticeable? I know there's the issue of tolerance, but a few days ago, two days in a row, I got the strongest effects since I used to snort. It popped the tablet under my tongue and ten minutes later my body was singing. The day before the same. Then it was back to normal. I kept the tablet under my tongue for 30min hoping for the same result, but all I got was a tiny sense of it.

Is it mouth flora (bacterias etc)? Is it amount of saliva? And what can I do? Using mouth water with alcohol doesnt do it for me, it only makes me produce more saliva. Putting it under the lip kinda helps, but no miracles. I getting desperate enough to try and jab the inside of my mouth with a dull butter knife to cause enough shallow cuts and scrapes to make it connect more (don't worry, I'm not self-harming or being destructive, I'm speaking figuratively)

This is exactly why I started sniffing bupe. It was so annoying putting it under my tongue and having all this saliva build up in my mouth, then end up swallowing half of it. I realize its meant to be taken under the tongue but when I looked at the different ROAs and saw how much of the pill you actually get sub'l which is like 35% or something, I switched to sniffing, it works so much better and it also is not as unpredictable, works every time, plugging is even better, and safer than sniffing. I would look into another ROA if sublingual is that unpredictable for you. Saying that if you crush it too much you don't even feel it, and are in mild WD the rest of the day. Plus you don't need as much of the pill sniffing, plugging, or slamming it so you can save some. I would definitely consider plugging if I were you! its no more dangerous than taking it sublingually and had a much higher BA. sniffing and IV, however are definitely more dangerous to do so I wouldn't recommend those, even though I currently slam my subs for the 100% BA, but wish I stayed with plugging, because it works almost just as good I just cant make my self go back. plugging is harmless and works perfect every time. That is just my experience with subs, do what you want with them, but I have been on them for nearly 5 years and tried them every way possible so I know. you would be very surprised if you plugged it, it feels much stronger that way and you only need like half as much as you would normally do under the tongue.

This is exactly why I started sniffing bupe. It was so annoying putting it under my tongue and having all this saliva build up in my mouth, then end up swallowing half of it. I realize its meant to be taken under the tongue but when I looked at the different ROAs and saw how much of the pill you actually get sub'l which is like 35% or something, I switched to sniffing, it works so much better and it also is not as unpredictable, works every time, plugging is even better, and safer than sniffing. I would look into another ROA if sublingual is that unpredictable for you. Saying that if you crush it too much you don't even feel it, and are in mild WD the rest of the day. Plus you don't need as much of the pill sniffing, plugging, or slamming it so you can save some. I would definitely consider plugging if I were you! its no more dangerous than taking it sublingually and had a much higher BA. sniffing and IV, however are definitely more dangerous to do so I wouldn't recommend those, even though I currently slam my subs for the 100% BA, but wish I stayed with plugging, because it works almost just as good I just cant make my self go back. plugging is harmless and works perfect every time. That is just my experience with subs, do what you want with them, but I have been on them for nearly 5 years and tried them every way possible so I know. you would be very surprised if you plugged it, it feels much stronger that way and you only need like half as much as you would normally do under the tongue.

Really? You are speaking the gospel, brother. Now tell me more. What is plugging? Is it what I think it is...? And do you need to prepare for it?

Plugging is when you take the pill, prep it as you would to bang it. Take an oral syringe or any syringe with out a needle, put crushed up bupe in a spoon, add some water (depending on how much bupe it is I usually use 60 units per 2mg), don't need to filter or anything as you would with IV, so just draw up the liquefied bupe solution, take the oral syringe and add some sort of lube to it, stick it up your ass, and shoot the liquid in there. Its best to do this while laying on your side and insert the needleless syringe/oral syringe about 3-4 inches then push the plunger and shoot the solution at a slight angle so its pointing towards the wall inside your anus. Pull it out and keep your ass from letting any of the solution come out lay in that position on your side for about 10-15 mins just to make sure you don't lose any when you get up, as it should be absorbed by then. I would recommend taking a dump before hand or letting any gas out also, as you don't want to shit or shart out the bupe lol. Its easier than it sounds, a bit time consuming, but no more than it would be to let it sit under your tounge for 15+ mins, well maybe a little more but still the pay off is usually VERY nice. The bupe lasts longer, feels much stronger (to me at least), and you don't need to use the same amount as you would sublingually but I would just to be safe the first time and make sure it works correctly. The first time I did this it was a little bit awkward I must say but it was worth it, I actually got a nice warm, full on opioid like buzz and it stayed working that way everytime, until I eventually started slamming it and then never went back. Wish I had never slammed bupe as I cannot make myself stop now, and I felt almost just as good plugging. Hope this helps! and don't let anyone walk in on you doing this as that sure would be awkward as fuck LOL.

Plugging is when you take the pill, prep it as you would to bang it. Take an oral syringe or any syringe with out a needle, put crushed up bupe in a spoon, add some water (depending on how much bupe it is I usually use 60 units per 2mg), don't need to filter or anything as you would with IV, so just draw up the liquefied bupe solution, take the oral syringe and add some sort of lube to it, stick it up your ass, and shoot the liquid in there. Its best to do this while laying on your side and insert the needleless syringe/oral syringe about 3-4 inches then push the plunger and shoot the solution at a slight angle so its pointing towards the wall inside your anus. Pull it out and keep your ass from letting any of the solution come out lay in that position on your side for about 10-15 mins just to make sure you don't lose any when you get up, as it should be absorbed by then. I would recommend taking a dump before hand or letting any gas out also, as you don't want to shit or shart out the bupe lol. Its easier than it sounds, a bit time consuming, but no more than it would be to let it sit under your tounge for 15+ mins, well maybe a little more but still the pay off is usually VERY nice. The bupe lasts longer, feels much stronger (to me at least), and you don't need to use the same amount as you would sublingually but I would just to be safe the first time and make sure it works correctly. The first time I did this it was a little bit awkward I must say but it was worth it, I actually got a nice warm, full on opioid like buzz and it stayed working that way everytime, until I eventually started slamming it and then never went back. Wish I had never slammed bupe as I cannot make myself stop now, and I felt almost just as good plugging. Hope this helps! and don't let anyone walk in on you doing this as that sure would be awkward as fuck LOL.

I need to lay still for 15 mins? Hmm... well, I have to try it anyway. Thank you. Here's hoping.

insert the needleless syringe/oral syringe about 3-4 inches then push the plunger and shoot the solution at a slight angle so its pointing towards the wall inside your anus.

3-4 is much too far and unnecessary. One to two knuckles deep, so around 1-2 inches is just fine. Too far up and you may be inserting it into faecal matter if you've not evacuated properly, thus making it nowhere near effective, if at all, as it should be.

i think they mean crush the pill with a rolling pin and wrapping it in paper and 'bombing' (swallowing) it.

I need to lay still for 15 mins? Hmm... well, I have to try it anyway. Thank you. Here's hoping.
It's not really necessary imo. Your sphincter muscle is strong enough to hold in a little bit of water otherwise our crap would be falling straight outta our asses all over the place. I've never had any leakage problems at all whilst standing and plugging fwiw.

Last edited:
3-4" is much too far and unnecessary.
Agreed. The very last 1-2" of the cavity, has the most membranes. Thus making this targer area the most effecient. That's not to say 3-4" won't work, just not as well as a shallow insertion.

Ok. I'll need to order som syringes then.

I'm a little confused as to the water sub ratio. Is this important? And what does 60 units mean? If we're taking 2mg (which is what I take, though twice a day = 4mg) how much water is that?

Last edited:
That's the amount of water, and how its measured with syringes in units and Milliliters/CC's. 1Ml=1cc=100units. Yeah Its better not to use too much water when prepping it IME, especially for plugging anywhere from 50-100 units of water will be fine per 2mg, id use about 30-50 units for anything less, its really not a huge deal its just easier to prep with anything less than 1ml or 100 units of water if your using a spoon as I do. And also, Hopeless soul and crackbaby were right, maybe 3-4" is a bit too far in there id say around 2" is probably more accurate as far as how far to go into the anus, but 1" is a little to close to the outer edge IMO. Sorry its been quite a while since I have plugged anything, but anywhere around 2-3" has always worked for me, its better to have it in there at an angle too so it shoots into the wall and not straight in there, at maybe like a 20-30 degree angle you should be good. And when you look at the side of the syringe though most syringes have numbers with a line next to them. In my case I have 1Ml syringes and they have the numbers 10-100 counting in 10's like 10-20-30-40-50.... on the side with lines next to the numbers. Those numbers/lines are there to measure the solution in units. I have always just used an insulin syringe with the needle pulled out of it to plug, some of them were even the super small 0.3Ml or 30unit size and the 0.5Ml or 50unit size which will also work, especially if your not using more than 2mg of sub. It will absorb it quicker and you have less chance of leakage if you use less water in your solution. A lot of people use oral syringes, which you can buy at pretty much any pharmacy without the hassle that they give to a lot of people trying to buy insulin syringes and they are usually pretty big I believe like 3-5 ml, you can probably get them smaller though, the smaller the better if your plugging. also I was just saying to sit for 10-15 mins to be safe, as I have gotten up to quick before after doing this and lost some of the solution I shot in there, 5 mins would probably be enough honestly, again I haven't done this in a while since I began to IV it sorry I was a little rusty. But I think you got all the right info now, no need to wait on ordering them, just go out to walgreens or cvs(any pharmacy should have them) and look for an oral syringe. remember the smaller the better preferably more than 0.5ml and less than 2ml to be precise, prep up the sub and plug away! Please post if you have any more questions and if not then after you do it and let us know how it goes, I think you'll be satisfied as its much more efficient than sublingual.

^ to be honest mate i've never really found a little too much or too little water to hamper my bupe plug. just put enough in to cover the tablets/powder and maybe like 1cm extra.

The best effects Ive achieved from bupe' although it was subutex and quite a few years ago when I used
half a tablet (4 mg)...
when I woke 1 and a half to 2 hours before I started the day and placed it under
my tongue then went back to sleep. When I re-woke, it wouldnt even be fully dissolved but maximum effects were achieved.

Edit: If receptors are over saturated w/ bupe' it may not be much more noticeable
I never re-upped with it sooner than 24 - 30 hours and think its a waste to do so.

Last edited: