• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

candy flipping advice please help!!

m_shandzi

Greenlighter
okay so I'm going to a 12 hour show this weekend and my friend has acid and Molly. so I've only done Molly once before and it was only one tenth and it was at a show and I only really had a body high but I've done acid alot of times and have a high tolerance and usually have to take at least two or I won't trip. so I'm trying to decide if I should candy flip at this show although I've never candy flipped. the only reason I don't want to just trip is bc my friend is saying this acid is super strong and I've never done acid at a show and I don't want to only take one and not trip but I also don't wanna take two and them be too strong so I was thinking of taking one tab and then taking a tenth of Molly and seeing how that feels then taking another tenth if I'm not feeling good enough. I've never candy flipped so I need advice!

One dose of LSD and one tenth (I assume this means 100 mg) of MDMA is probably a good dosing plan. However, I would advise you not to redose. You will find that MDMA and LSD synergize with each other and are more potent when combined.

How about timing? Is there a consensus on this? From what I've seen, taking the acid on the tail end of the roll is considered best? Planning my first candy flip somewhere in the near future, finally found some very good acid, so I'm interested in this topic as well :D

*edit*
0.1g of MDMA should be plenty if you have good stuff. If they are strong blotters, I would start with half perhaps. I have some very good acid here as well, going to candy-flip for my first time soon and planning on starting with about 140mg of MDMA (I have a bit of tolerance) and half a blotter, another half if needed a while later. I know these blotters produce a mellow trip in halves and an already pretty strong trip at a full blotter, so going to make sure I don't take too much, you can always take more if you didn't take enough but you can never take less if you took too much

Last edited:
everything I've heard says to drop the acid then 30 min in take the Molly so that it kinda kicks in at the same time

yeah could be, haven't really researched it that much. Going to do so soon when I find the time. I read one or two trip reports but that's it so far

How about timing? Is there a consensus on this? From what I've seen, taking the acid on the tail end of the roll is considered best? Planning my first candy flip somewhere in the near future, finally found some very good acid, so I'm interested in this topic as well

I've candy flipped several times with various timing schedules, from taking both drugs at the same time to taking the MDMA over an hour after taking the LSD. I found all of them to be highly enjoyable, so my view is that there is no "optimal" schedule. If you're experienced with both LSD and MDMA, just adopt the schedule that feels right.

I've never taken the LSD at the end of the roll though. My intuition is that doing so would "separate" the two drugs more than I'd like. I'm no authority though, and I believe you know what you're doing BlueBull, so if it sounds good to you then go for it.

When it comes to candy flipping I have no idea what I'm doing :D sounded more logical to me too to have the effects overlap more, just read some trip report that found the acid on the tail end of the roll the most enjoyable. I have a lot of experience with both drugs, but don't know much about combining them. To me, to have the first effects of the acid start right on or just after the peak of the MDMA sounded most logical

Man I wouldn't want to commit to 8-12 hour trip after a MDMA roll. Take the acid first and MDMA a few hours later.

To me, to have the first effects of the acid start right on or just after the peak of the MDMA sounded most logical

In that case, I'd take both drugs at the same time. In my experience the MDMA come up is slightly faster than LSD's, so while YMMV a bit, that should get you roughly what you want.

I have candy flipped twice. the first time I did 1.5 tabs of LSD (and NOS coming up) by T+2 I was tripping HARD - at T+4 I was still tripping very hard and dropped half a pill (meant to be 100mg) - It smoothed thing out and was pure bliss. OEV's so beautiful- indescribable pleasure. Rating 999/10

2nd time I took half a trip, then at T+2 another half a trip, then at T+3 one pill- I was tripping 7/10 and it felt like the LSD and MD were fighting each other. nowhere near as good as the first time as I hadn't peaked on the acid as I was coming up on the pill and neither was able to reach max potential imo. 6/10 in comparison

I have candy flipped twice. the first time I did 1.5 tabs of LSD (and NOS coming up) by T+2 I was tripping HARD - at T+4 I was still tripping very hard and dropped half a pill (meant to be 100mg) - It smoothed thing out and was pure bliss. OEV's so beautiful- indescribable pleasure. Rating 999/10

2nd time I took half a trip, then at T+2 another half a trip, then at T+3 one pill- I was tripping 7/10 and it felt like the LSD and MD were fighting each other. nowhere near as good as the first time as I hadn't peaked on the acid as I was coming up on the pill and neither was able to reach max potential imo. 6/10 in comparison
So you're saying they were fighting eachother because you took them too close together if I understand correctly? Or because you redosed on the LSD the second time?

Hmm, obviously not everyone will get the same effects, but the mdxx and lsd 'fighting each other' doesn't sound right.

I mean, yes, high doses of either can rival a candyflip's intensity any day, but combining them should be seamless. It's a roll with massive psychedelic effects, no matter which way it's taken. On my first candyflip when my tolerance to everything was low, I took a low dose of both (~100ug lsd, ~100mg mdma) and it blew me away. It was some time after the lsd that I dropped the mdma, about a few hours or so, where the lsd was weak but the mdma made everything come alive. They both boosted each other, yet some of the other effects weren't noticeable; the empathogenic qualities seemed muted and so did lsd's edginess, but the visuals, positive head space, body high and euphoria exploded.

It can be taken in any order, but as far as the synergy goes I think it's best to take it around the 3rd hour, so that the flip happens around the 4th hour. If you want to extend your trip time, you could take the mdma first and then add the lsd as you're coming down. It will still synergize very well ime, as well as others I've done it with. It's a nice way to muddle up lsd's harshness too. :)

So hmm...I guess they do take away from each other's effects a little bit, but the candyflip makes up for it by intensifying other areas by a lot. It should be surprising to experience as it was for me the first few times. Have fun!

I personally like dropping the MDMA once you're just starting to comedown from the LSD. The stimulation from that helps you re-integrate from the trip, but also bring the trip back, just in a different (very euphoric) way. And this way you get two separate peaks, and since acid lasts a lot longer, you'll probably be down all the way from both around the same time.

I guess the weekend is over so I'm wondering how you fared m_shandzi?

I've only candy flipped once but I researched the hell out of it and came to the conclusion that a slight majority prefer to take the LSD first and the MDMA near the peak. So I took 150ug LSD and at about 2.5 hrs popped 120 mg MDMA. My timing couldn't have been better. I find the euphoria from LSD better on the last half of the trip and that kicked in just as the molly started to peak. The transition from one to both was indescribable bliss and all the LSD OEVs took on a supersaturated glow, kind of like when you wet a dry stone. It was 2 hours of pure heaven before it started to taper off.

I think the acid should come first and a couple hours later try the MDMA, sleeping after MDMA is really important so I would be taking the acid early enough in the day to be able to grab some decent shuteye. But starting your acid trip first and knowing whether it's going to be a good trip before adding in the MDMA would be nice.

It does appear candy flipping is more harmful to the brain than MDMA alone.

Take vitamin E regularly!

yeah I ended up taking one tab of some really good acid then waiting an hour then taking a tenth Molly and it went exactly as I thought it would. like others said it definatly intensified each other and really just felt like a very smooth trip and I loved it. I unfortunately did get sick a little while after taking the Molly which surprised me because I never get sick when I trip and hadn't the other time I did Molly. but after that I was fine all night long next time I think I'll take 2 tenths of Molly with a tab of acid and see how that goes.

The last few posts here seemed to get it right - or rather describe my favorite timing. I have done the combo every which way and my friends and I found that the supernatural level, unlike anything else can produce "candy flip" occurs when you take the lsd, then when it cant grt any stronger and you have settled in (2-3 hrs) - take the MDxx. This results in the most otherworldly experience any of us have ever enjoyed. One thing i always get is vivid pink/rainbow bubble cloud patterning fluctuating in size everywhere forhours after the md hits. Many pictures and scenes emerge from this magic plasma. Many other indescribable mind magic events happen that do not occur with any other substance or timing of these substances (the timing is hugely important).

Hope you had fun

You can find one candyflip trip report by me in the tripreports.
But for TLDR:
I've done acid + MDMA twice. Each time I've taken a heavy museum(*) dose of LSD first, then the MDMA later, once the most intense part of come up has settled. LSD has given me nice "baseline" on which the MDMA trip has built on. I don't know if the trip has been that much canduyflipping for me and in my cases MDMA was IMO the more dominant part of the trip. Once the MDMA starts to fade away, it does end "just like that" as it does when taken by it self, instead it's a slow (and nice) descent to lingering end part of LSD trip.

(*) I think there is "museum dose" mentioned by shulgin. This is on the top end: I could visit museum and act normal, but it would require concentration on my part.