• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tolerance and chronic pain removal (medical cannabis) A few questions.

Percy82

Greenlighter
Hi folks!

I have a question about tolerance, high and pain removal.

So, to share a little about me:
- Medical user (neuropathy chronic pain)
- I started vaporizing about 5 months ago.
- I vaporize .40 grams in the morning and same at night. Sometimes mid-afternoon if pain comes hard.
- I consume from my dispensary strains like Old School, White Widow, Power Skunk, etc.

I´ve been on pain for over 10 years and only cannabis is removing it. I am seeking some advice in how to get the best from both medical and high results from vaporizing cannabis while playing with tolerance. I really do not want to quit for a week or a month just to get more high, because it is not worth the pain I am going to go through. I have noticed many health benefits in addition of the pain removal. Might be paranoia, but I am worried that tolerance will decrease the medical effects of it, and that worries me. I am doing this to play with my tolerance:

- Vape different type of strains, and sometimes, salads, to alter the THC, CBD, etc % I do feel it is effective because the highs are different. The amount in mg is the same though, sometimes might be a little more or a little less packaged, but average is 0.40.
- I vaporized the whole 0.40 g in a tight vaporizer bowl in the past, until a few days ago, I started to vaporize the same 0.40g in two bowls. My highs are more intense, like they were a couple of months ago maybe. The amount was weighted and in fact, both bowls added less weight than what I normally packed. How is this possible? Will this increase my tolerance faster?
- If during a period amount of time, I half dose the amount for a week or so, will this decrease my tolerance when I go back to my normal dose?
- if I take a sudden one big dose (lets say 1 gram) to just "trip", will ruin my tolerance? Especially next day when I go back to my normal dose.

Is it best for my tolerance to vaporize less in the morning and then consume mid-afternoon (basically, consuming the same amount each day, but smaller doses and throughout the day, instead of twice a day.

Will I need to eventually increase the dose for the medical benefits?

Thanks a lot!

Hi folks!
Welcome to Bluelight.org!

- Vape different type of strains, and sometimes, salads, to alter the THC, CBD, etc % I do feel it is effective because the highs are different. The amount in mg is the same though, sometimes might be a little more or a little less packaged, but average is 0.40.
Salads are nice for getting really stoned and high, but if you want to stretch your tolerance to the strains themselves you should rotate them. For example, have Old School on Mondays, White Widow and Tuesdays, Power Skunk on Wednesdays, etc - try to have a different strain everyday of the week and this will help keep your tolerance down.

- I vaporized the whole 0.40 g in a tight vaporizer bowl in the past, until a few days ago, I started to vaporize the same 0.40g in two bowls. My highs are more intense, like they were a couple of months ago maybe. The amount was weighted and in fact, both bowls added less weight than what I normally packed. How is this possible? Will this increase my tolerance faster?
It's the same amount. .4 grams will always be .4 grams, so it's not possible to alter your consumption/tolerance of it unless you change the ROA.

- If during a period amount of time, I half dose the amount for a week or so, will this decrease my tolerance when I go back to my normal dose?
In theory, yes it absolutely should. Also, this is a great alternative to stopping completely if you want to lower your tolerance you don't have to stop completely.

- if I take a sudden one big dose (lets say 1 gram) to just "trip", will ruin my tolerance? Especially next day when I go back to my normal dose.
Probably not if you only do this once a week. If you make a daily habit of it or if you do it all day then yes, it will screw your tolerance.

Is it best for my tolerance to vaporize less in the morning and then consume mid-afternoon (basically, consuming the same amount each day, but smaller doses and throughout the day, instead of twice a day.
Probably. I find that I need much less to get high on a wake and bake and the high can last me all day. I often will have a smaller dose in the morning and larger doses in the evening and I find that I can still get high everyday when I do that as long as I don't go all day long my tolerance is usually not bad.

Will I need to eventually increase the dose for the medical benefits?
As with any drug that you take on a regular basis, you will create a tolerance eventually unfortunately no matter how many ways you slice it. This usually means an eventual increase in your dose, but it doesn't have to. It's pretty much up to your medical needs and your own decisions if you end up increasing your dose.

THe reason you felt like you got higher could have been beause you had more potent weed in your vap, or it could have to do with the way in which the weed is vaporizing. Perhaps when you pack looser half bowls it vaporizes more fully, allowing you to intake more cannabinoids.

As far as tolerance... cutting your daily dose in half will eventually lower your tolerance, but it might take a few weeks to really notice. If you smoke double your average amount in one setting, it will probably raise your tolerance for the next few days, but it might not be outstanding and definitely won't be as bad as smoking double for a day or two.

As far as keeping doses low.. only way that I know how to do that is to take a few days off or if I do smoke only take a hit or two at a time. If you have chronic pain it might be difficult to take a few days off but lowering the amount you smoke will still decrease your tolerance, just might take longer.

THe reason you felt like you got higher could have been beause you had more potent weed in your vap, or it could have to do with the way in which the weed is vaporizing. Perhaps when you pack looser half bowls it vaporizes more fully, allowing you to intake more cannabinoids.
Totally.

I simplified my answer with just saying "ROA", but the implication is the technique in each ROA can also have a great impact on the efficiency of the chosen consumption.

For example, smoking cannabis can be more efficient than vaporizing (and vise versa) depending on the variables and techniques used.

This article does a great job of explaining this phenomenon.

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/jcantgieringervapor.pdf

/\ lol nice link it's amazing the effort that people have put into studying getting stoned.

I'd recommend adding in more methods of ingestion. Since you have access through a dispensary, I'd recommend looking for an oil called "Full Extract Cannabis Oil" or "Rick Simpson Oil." It most often comes in an oral syringe and can be eaten as is--you can also make food such as gummies with it, or put it in gelatin capsules.

A small rice grain size piece will do wonders for your pain. By ingesting the cannabinoids you can maintain higher blood concentrations for longer compared to vaporizing. Inhalation is still very useful for breakthrough pain, or just to titrate the right dose on top of an oral regiment, but taking cannabinoids orally is important for chronic pain.

If they don't have that at your dispensary, you can buy cannabis to infuse into coconut oil using heat, then consume the coconut oil to maximize the medicinal benefits. This is not ideal, a concentrated oil is the best option and will produce the best results for you.

Thanks a lot!

I am playing with dosages (0.30-0.50 grams per session) as well as using different strains. I also sometimes make salads. I do not follow a specific pattern, just random.

It seems to work well my tolerance and I get to play with changing my high (and sometimes, a lower amount gets me a better high, sometimes a salad gives me a highs-stoned alteration as well.) I think this helps me with pain removal too. May pain is very random too, as never damage is like that, but seems to be overall great.