• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do You Believe In Aliens?

We don't actually know the universe is infinite. Theres good evidence to suggest it may not be.

Its my personal belief that it is infinite, but its just a guess. It may well not be.

Well even if it's not infinite, the vastness of it and sheer staggering number of galaxies we have seen makes almost any minutely slim chance of a given type of event happening repeatedly nearly certain.

My girlfriend, her sister and her best friend saw a flying saucer when they were in high school. She said it was huge and hovered about 50 feet above them before flying away. She has no reason to lie about this. Strangely she doesn't seem very interested in discussing the existence of aliens. However I find the topic very interesting. My dad and some of his friends saw a "light in the sky" over the ocean when they were surfing. He said it would hover in place for a minute then dart across the sky, hover, perform 90 degree turns and other aeronautical maneuvers which are not possible with our current aircraft technology. Again, he is not the type of person to make up something like that...

I actually don't believe in "infinity". I think it's just a term humans use to describe something which is too large for us to comprehend.

Actually it isnt infinite,its 7 billion lightyears big,but its growing in light speed,even if in the new territiory are no planets,they will form form over millions of years.I think its silly to think there is no life in outer space,i just think they are waay to far away,probably they are many folks which are alike to us,many more progressive ones,but that never "aliens" came to us or took our planet as a colony millions/billion years ago shows in my opinion theres nothing like over light speed and aswell no infinite life or actual usable wormholes because if thats the case folks that are way older would have invented it,but i think we can do insane shit with science we cant imagine now but apparently not this.
And its stupid to think we stem from alien,biology proves otherwise and it makes sense.

Actually it is thought the universe is more like 90 billion light years in diameter with the observable part around 27 or 28 billion light years.

Actually it isnt infinite,its 7 billion lightyears big,but its growing in light speed,even if in the new territiory are no planets,they will form form over millions of years.I think its silly to think there is no life in outer space,i just think they are waay to far away,probably they are many folks which are alike to us,many more progressive ones,but that never "aliens" came to us or took our planet as a colony millions/billion years ago shows in my opinion theres nothing like over light speed and aswell no infinite life or actual usable wormholes because if thats the case folks that are way older would have invented it,but i think we can do insane shit with science we cant imagine now but apparently not this.
And its stupid to think we stem from alien,biology proves otherwise and it makes sense.

If other forms of life have invented wormhole travel or whatever to go faster than the speed of light, how would be know? Even if we could wormhole anywhere we would still never be able to explore but the tiniest, barest fraction of all that's out there. What would draw some race from another galaxy who developed these things to pick our galaxy, our star, our planet to visit? And if they didn't visit, we'd never know they existed.

Right, we are the tiniest of needles in the largest of haystacks. Even with James Webb, even the next generation the best we'll see is tiny smudges of faint light that we may be able to infer the atmospheric contents of extra solar planets, and only the closer ones in our bit of this galaxy.
So finding our planet and that it has life should be possible for a technologically inclined alien society even if they are a bit further away, if their closer maybe they'll check out some of the fine radio we've be broadcasting. . .think it's neat and try to learn more....but, what if they still can't travel and communicate faster than light? They would have to be very patient and very free with their wealth to actually send a probe here, let alone themselves and wait thousands of years to start getting new data.
Then soon maybe we can do the same to them, and never communicate.

I believe there is sort a probability of extraterrestrial life. I've liked considering explanations for Fermi's paradox Regarding explanations for the Fermi paradox I kind of like the zoo hypothesis

I have a hard time picturing that there are a lot of alien's playing peek-a-boo with humanity, especially with random people on road trips and folks in trailer parks. But many ideas I considered absurd have turned out to be true. If someone asserts they are in contact with aliens I'm going to need a ton of solid proof to take them seriously.

In a universe like this it is likely that if there are aliens they look very similar to us and our interactions are predestined playable situations (computer divined life).

Last edited:
That's like ghosts. Almost every culture on earth has had ghosts and to this day people experience them. There is no scientific evidence for them, other than the fact many honest people swear on their lived experience.
I believe at least a few of the abductees are being honest about what they experienced. However there is no compelling evidence left with these sorts of things, and there really should be.

So... I can't be sure that they just had a nutty or something more is in play, but all the evidence points to having a bit of an episode. . .

If aliens wanted biological samples though....why not find random low ranking folks to sample? Less disruption than taking them from the President at the Mayo Clinic live on CNN.

Everyone interested in alien should read Z. Sitchin's books. He write about ancient aliens and their connections with ancient cultures.

Watching a doc the other night about the maya and only just found out they built everything without the use of a wheel as they hadnt invented it yet. That is a strong claim for aliens but then again how many times has this world almost wiped everthing out and started all over again

Meh, simple wheels 'aint much use in the jungles and mountains. Break an axle or get stuck all the goddamn time. Mayans figured out somethings that worked better for them. Dudes were smart, had a vision and worked hard, no need for aliens. . . .just their gods and priests...and blood..

Hadn,t seen it that way was just astounded at what they did and their knowledge of the stars the only thing is if it was aliens how did they cover the distance to get here as i really cant see us being all there is. The numbers tell me that.

zombywoof;13427782 the only thing is if it was aliens how did they cover the distance to get here as i really cant see us being all there is. The numbers tell me that.[/QUOTE said:
Same here. Faster than light travel should be impossible, if stable wormholes are even possible you'd still have to park that a fair bit away from your target if you didn't want to fuck it up...it's unsatisfying. That's why I think some alien society may be watching us from their home, and one day we might be able to watch them, but we'll likely never have communication with them that does not take lifetimes to transmit a single message....