• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Long term Cannabis use have the ability to create brain aneurysm

Doesn't smoking anything cause health issues? I mean, cannabis has a huge array of carcinogens when it's combusted, a lot of them are also in tobacco smoke. We all know tobacco causes heart disease etc.. why would smoking weed be any different? You'd have the same issue smoking any organic material, vaping is a good solution and I'm pretty sure it'll take over as the most used method of consumption in the next few years.

I agree completely. lungs are not meant to inhale smoke.

Doesn't smoking anything cause health issues? I mean, cannabis has a huge array of carcinogens when it's combusted, a lot of them are also in tobacco smoke. We all know tobacco causes heart disease etc.. why would smoking weed be any different? You'd have the same issue smoking any organic material, vaping is a good solution and I'm pretty sure it'll take over as the most used method of consumption in the next few years.

I don't know that it will take over, as many users know that there is a completely different feeling, taste, "ritual" (if you will), etc. between smoking and vaping. I for one love the taste that's left in my mouth from the smoke and the smell of the smoke.

Vaping tobacco isn't going to save your ass from dying of cancer. Tobacco is the #1 killer in America for a good reason. Weed does not equal tobacco and it never will.

I don't know that it will take over, as many users know that there is a completely different feeling, taste, "ritual" (if you will), etc. between smoking and vaping. I for one love the taste that's left in my mouth from the smoke and the smell of the smoke.
Me too!

Vaping is not going to "take over". It's been popular for over a decade; it's prime time has already passed. It's already old news in my book.

Sure, vaping can be healthier for you, but that's it. That's all there is to it.

I meant it as a question. I should have put a question mark after it, my bad. I just wanted to start a discussion on the topic seeing as it is not a really talked about thing.
Your ambiguity has made your thread lack any clear direction. Good luck next time.

I've enjoyed the smell of burning pot since the time I was a little one. My brothers were much older then me and I could smell them burning the buds from the time I was 5. Nothing beats the smell,it's the best incense on earth. Shit, I go to a concert and once that dank starts going the show really begins. Fuck Vaping!

Not exactly the same thing, but this recent australian study (2015) establishes a link between cannabis use and non-fatal stroke or transient ischemic attack:

OBJECTIVE:
Case reports and hospital-based case-control studies suggest that cannabis use may increase the risk of stroke. We examined the risk of non-fatal stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA) among cannabis users in the general community.

METHOD:

A general population survey of Australians aged 20-24 years (n=2,383), 40-44 years (n=2,525) and 60-64 years (n=2,547) was used to determine the odds of lifetime stroke or TIA among participants who had smoked cannabis in the past year while adjusting for other stroke risk factors.

RESULTS:

There were 153 stroke/TIA cases (2.1% After adjusting for age cohort, past year cannabis users (n=1,043) had 3.3 times the rate of stroke/TIA (95% CI 1.8-6.3, p<0.001). The incidence rate ratio (IRR) reduced to 2.3 after adjustment for covariates related to stroke, including tobacco smoking (95% CI 1.1-4.5). Elevated stroke/TIA was specific to participants who used cannabis weekly or more often (IRR 4.7, 95% CI 2.1-10.7) with no elevation among participants who used cannabis less often.

CONCLUSIONS:

Heavy cannabis users in the general community have a higher rate of non-fatal stroke or transient ischemic attack than non-cannabis users.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26558539

Last edited:
Vaping nicotine as opposed to smoking tobacco, could definitely prevent cancer. I feel I posted a worthwhile and relevant comment, whereas you added nothing but the typical "smoking weed can't be bad, it's natural man" that I've heard from so many ill informed stoners. What makes you think smoking weed is less harmful than smoking tobacco?
Just because you feel it's had its time, doesn't mean everyone shares your views. In the past year I've seen almost every smoker I know switch to e-cigs and half the weed smokers I know now own vaporizers.
You need to chill and stop telling people they're wrong without any reasoning behind it.
Smoking weed is harmful, there's no argument to it, those are the facts.

You probably think if you only have one cigarette a day as opposed to a whole pack, that will prevent cancer too huh?

You realize cancer does not come from the nicotine I hope?

And smoking one a day doesn't prevent cancer but lowers your chances of getting it.

What makes you think smoking weed is less harmful than smoking tobacco?

one of the issues with tobacco is that the products are filled with radioactive polonium that is in the rock phosphate used to fertilize the crops. once it gets airborne it can cling to the sticky tobacco leaves and finds its way into the final product. radioactive decay is a leading cause of cancer because of its affect on DNA mutation, and this is a carcinogen that the villi of the lungs is incapable of tossing out unlike a lot of the other carcinogenic junk in smoke.

heck even oxygen causes cancer, hence the concensus that antioxidants are crucial in preventing the formation of tumours

What are you a marijuana expert? You studied the chemicals in weed and tested them on human patients and prove everything you said to be fact? Or did you blindly follow what someone posted on the internet. Gtfoh with that BS weed has barely been studied. The long term effects are unknown. For all we know their could be a link between the two you rude moron.

I highly doubt this has any likely hood of being true. Lots of people who never used cannabis will go on to have brain aneurysms in their later years.