• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Back from the scientology rehab!

Two years ago I was on the similar situation. I mean I have to live a time with my mother and stepfather.

I was so horrible that I started more and more to drink (but this is another story). I asked them: "How can you treat me like that? Am I not your son? Or what or who I am? A part time guest?".

My Mom answered: "Your are not a guest here you are only tolerated." Other sentences from her are: "If you are lying dying in the street - I will walk over you".
This year (have my own flat again since last quarter of 2014) - but we had an big argument again. Then I thought finally to myself - she is mental ill. Never talk to her again. The result is always an argument against me.

So I will leave this part of my family. Will move over 800 km to my father, because I realized that he is the only one in my family who is really interested in me.

Why I am telling you these? I know other institutions like Scientology - I know there methods to brainwash people. So IMHO you must decide. Stick with your so called parents, suffering because of housing, car and stuff or say Good bye one day.

I am planning my move silently. As less as ppl are involved. Because if I have to make bank transfers I must use a bank account from my mother (which she gave me in situation of compassion. Without that I could get no job, flat, etc - but it's not mine she can just close it any time or steal money if there is something on it)...

So I must be careful. Because I think the whole process will take since February or so. So I must stay under the radar until at least my father makes an account for me (in his name). But he will do this in the next couple of days.

Main problem:
You can not argue with such ppl that are so brainwashed IMHO. So it useless in my eyes. Try everything to avoid communication with them and find another way with the things that makes you depended on your parents. At some day they realize what really happened - but then you are already gone (not dead).
If they knock. Then open door, say please come in, sit down please and be my guest. Wanna have a tea or something to eat? And then lets talk - like real evolved humans do. But not in their house. Public or your house. Because the plus side in your flat/house is. You are the owner. Once back in 2007 I said to my mother: "Do not talk to me like that - there is the door.".

Hope that helps a little bit. That is a part of the reasons why I am quitting drugs and make a complete new plan. I hate being dependent to something or someone (except my own child or wife, because it could be a wonderful symbioses). It can break your heart and make you depressed and sick.

So it is good for me, that I have almost lost everything. It is like a forest fires - if you survive you can make everything new. Plus if you got no gold or silver you do not care about. See the rich ones. Locked in their villas with steel mesh and fences?

Is this life - no this is only maya (Sanskrit) - only a illusion. Go out in the woods feel the power of nature. Make things with your hands. I started painting and make things from melted metal. Can tell you so much more...

... you can believe me - I can understand fully your dilemma.

Blessings
LifeIsStrange

Last edited:
Listen to Sebastian Thunder - "It's not easy"
and "Finally" from him - that helps me every time.

BAHAHAHAHHAHAH

i practiced scientology at the hollywood celeb centre for 2 years/ and know all about the sauna everyday and the whole "do birds fly" and touching things over and over again. i didint start it by choice. i just left my rehab and had nowhere to go so a family friend let me stay with himn and he was into scientology .

i did enjoy all the lovely females that worked at the center. people were nice too.

you sound young.

ive been to 10 rehabs and been homeless many times. if you ever need to go to a rehab/ go to salvation army in downtown san diego. its free and its chill. ya they make you work and its christian based but its the best rehab ive been to

I think real Christians is always the best choice. For me absolutely. For real Christians they try to walk Jesus path. Which is the best in my eyes. They do not care what you have done, they judge you not and they do not want to make money with you.

Oh come on, what I'm asking is not this complicated. He said he's afraid of telling then the truth in case they make him go back to narconon or something similar. I'm asking how can they make him do that when he's an adult. If he's not high and really out of it like the first time, or submits to them because he didn't know how bad it would be like the first time, how could they hypothetically make him go back there? That's all I was wondering.

Uh, sorry. I thought you were asking how he wound up there. I might have accidentally skipped over something. It happens.

BAHAHAHAHHAHAH

i practiced scientology at the hollywood celeb centre for 2 years/ and know all about the sauna everyday and the whole "do birds fly" and touching things over and over again. i didint start it by choice. i just left my rehab and had nowhere to go so a family friend let me stay with himn and he was into scientology .

i did enjoy all the lovely females that worked at the center. people were nice too.

you sound young.

ive been to 10 rehabs and been homeless many times. if you ever need to go to a rehab/ go to salvation army in downtown san diego. its free and its chill. ya they make you work and its christian based but its the best rehab ive been to

Did you ever see any of those famous people who are brainwashed into that cult while in the $cientology rehab?

I find the whole scientology thing so scary that I think anyone involved should be forced into rehab for their addiction to lunatic ideas. OP, I believe that if there were real information out there and less stigma that your parents would not have been so gullible in their desperation to help you (that made them believe things like, "don't believe anything a drug addict says"). The War on Drugs dogma hurts everyone from drug users to families struggling to help each other with nowhere to turn for real information. I hope that you will continue with your path to forgive your parents even though the place they sent you sounds beyond draconian. I also hope that you will continue to speak out against these places that prey on desperate families (and vulnerable people) any chance you get. The more information that is out there about these places the greater the chance that someone else will be spared being forced into them.

I imagine that issues of trust are something that you will now have to work on. Get support for that if you can--in fact some kind of family therapy might be good where each of you can safely relate their experience and perspective.

You sound like an amazingly strong and perceptive young person and I know that you will continue to heal and grow. I'm glad you shared this experience here and I hope there are lots of other places where you will feel comfortable sharing it because I truly believe these places should be illegal and shut down.

Great post as always, herby. I especially agree with;
herbavore said:
I'm glad you shared this experience here and I hope there are lots of other places where you will feel comfortable sharing it because I truly believe these places should be illegal and shut down.
Sharing experiences of these kinds of oppressive/abusive rehab practices is really important harm reduction, as they are so clearly harmful, dangerous and traumatic.
Wishing you all the best in your recovery, camjua.

They're not that bad, they just imprison people, enslave, molest, blackmail anyone that challenges them...?

Doesn't every religion do that ?

Think about it

Many cases in every religion that involves that kind of things

I don't know that i'd give scientology that much credit, to be honest.
I see your point, but i don't think there are many modern cults as calculating and cynically manipulative as scientology.
At least, not as large and capable of such thorough social control.
Lots of sects are in the business of 'helping' addicts, but scientology's anti-drug stance goes far beyond comparable 'religious' compassion, at least as i understand it.

Ya but lol I've been to many Christian rehabs that treated me worse than anything scientolgy would do

Late to class dig a ditch
Late to dinner dig a ditch and no dinner but you can pray
Etc

See that's the thing. I dunno if I'd say I'm okay. I feel like that place took a lot out of me.

Yeah, that shit's kinda fucked up. They probably entrapped a little piece of your soul in a magic crystal. But fuck em. Use you newfound clarity to extract revenge and do great things.

Ya but lol I've been to many Christian rehabs that treated me worse than anything scientolgy would do

Late to class dig a ditch
Late to dinner dig a ditch and no dinner but you can pray
Etc
Sounds horrible. I'm so glad to have had access to free, non religious drug services.

Yeah I thought I had been to some bad rehabs...after reading this I am grateful to have never had to experience such trauma. I would have ended up attacking one of the counselors or worse. No way I could have gone through that without killing myself or someone else.

I don't know anything about Scientology. Sounds really messed up. I am not a violent person by any means, but back me into a corner with false beliefs, manipulation, and blatant lies and I don't know what is going to happen. Don't your parents use google? Stories like yours are all over the internet.

Last edited: