View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice on shroom trip

Jake4411

Bluelighter
I'm in college currently but I will be home this weekend to hangout with family and friends. My best friend that I haven't seen in 4-5 is getting a quad of shrooms and we plan on taking them tomorrow night at my house. When I told him I wanted to eat an eighth, he said they were pretty strong shrooms and 1.5 had him pretty fucked up. I've taken acid once before and lsa multiple times so I'm not completely new to psychs but what would you guys reccomend as a starting dose? Also my parents are going to be home sleeping upstairs do you think this may affect my mood in any way? Although I am an adult and go to school the last thing I would want to happen would be for my mom to wake up and be like what the fuck is going on. Also, I got some badass difractor glasses that I'm super stoked for. Advice in general would be appreciated..

So firstly to my knowledge you're not supposed to ask what doses to take as everyone's different etc. what type of shrooms are they because different species are stronger than others like gram for gram liberty caps are stronger than cubensis . I'd also say that having the parentals in the house will just add a bit of anxiety that your mum may find you's . To play it safest you could always take them soon after she's went to sleep then maybe head out for a while so the majority of the trip is away from the house cause I know myself I can get a bit loud or excitable at times when tripping. Plus you can always try and take turns navigating your area when te streets are dead and your trippin wearin some diffraction glasses could make for an interesting time ? or alternatively why not just get away with your mate and take a nice dose and enjoy nature and the sun.

Yeah I'm not sure on what type of shrooms
They are but apparently they are pretty strong. I'm going to dose 1.5 and then go up from there depending on how I feel. And yeah we will most likely end up walking around outside gazing at the stars and other shit. As far as the parental permission, it's not like I live at home so who gives a fuck anyways. And these diffraction glasses are about to be awesome haha

Around half to 2/3 of an eighth should be fine for a first time, especially if it is reported to be a potent batch. Experience with LSD helps, but still it can be pretty different. For me mushrooms can be a lot more mystical, dreamy-trancy and mindfucking. Also a lot more of an emotional rollercoaster.
With LSD I can stay partially in control up until a pretty high dose, quite linear and dose-dependent. On mushrooms, i feel like I am guided through visions, lessons, adventures and fairytales... that needs, demands, a lot more freedom.

Even if you are an adult, having to contain yourself give you a bad situation since it can ruin the atmosphere for yourself and feed into any paranoid that may mount.

It's good that you can go for an evening stroll to look at the stars, if you feel cramped inside and as if you wanna be freed you are gonna need such a plan as a possibility. Going for a mild trip should be fine but I wouldn't push it if it's less than ideal, you can do that some other time.

Well if the parental thing is minor and youll probs head out anyway i think youll be fine , friend of mine is on 5g of golden teachers tonight n he didnt bother is mum in anyway while she slept and enjoyed the trip. Have a great time man maybe even start at 1g if they are meant to be so potent n work from there possibly? Make sure you make a trip report or let me know how the glasses are for the trip ;D

Agree with solipsis here if youre feelin it might be a bit tight at home then definetly head out on an adventure

I should be in a really good mood going into the trip I mean I haven't seen my best friend in 5 months! It's should be some really good vibes. ???

Species:
Psilocybe cubensis
Strain: penis envy
This is what my friend told me. Any idea on the potency?

If I am not mistaken, Psilocybe cubensis are commonly referred to as "golden caps". These mushrooms seem to be the most common in the U.S. and are the kind of mushrooms I expect to get just about any time I buy shrooms. They are of average potency (sometimes on the weaker side), although I have been taken by surprise by them on more than one occasion. I think it would be preferable to take at least half an eighth, maybe two grams. It's a good idea to not over-do it for a first time, though, as everyone reacts differently.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Penis envy is actually a mutant strain that carries cultivation challenges, but the reward is that it is unusually potent for a Cubensis whereas almost all other normal Cubensis strains have very similar potency, the differences just being natural / genetic variance and a possible result of cultivation conditions. (Also, the biggest apparent differences between Cubensis strains besides marketing ploys and things like albino-like or gnarly looking appearance.... is the tendency to produce many small mushrooms or few big mushrooms, or huge flushes vs. many flushes... still on average the potency will be in a kinda narrow range and ultimately the total of your grows will amount to the same, assuming that nutrients and grow parameters are kept equal.)

So yes, you should definitely take a little less of these than you would of average Cubensis shrooms, your buddy is right - we have to assume.

Thanks for all of the nsight solopsis!! I will inform you how my trip goes after today:). Bluelight community is always super helpful