• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Why?

I could substitute a night of heavy drinking for taking a few bars instead, I would rather do that. I wake up the next day feeling fine as hell.

Yeah- I think benzos are superior to alcohol, and as bad as benzo WDs is claimed to be alcohol is much riskier in terms of WDs. I think alcohol is sort of a crappy drug that people used to take in the old days because other drugs weren't around or now because it is very cheap and very very available (only reason I ever use it- it would never be a choice drug for me other than I would maybe put it above stims b/c of my anxiety (I'm prescribed amphetamines but don't often take them even though they do help immensely with my ADHD when I don't have a bad reaction- when I do it is like a panic attack in a pill) or in users that use alcohol because it is socially acceptable. I think alcohol has a pretty poor profile as far as drugs go: not so great positive effects, makes you feel really crappy afterwards, and if you do become dependant it has probably the worst/most dangerous WDs of any commonly available drug (compared to opioids, benzos, etc.)

I didn't mean weren't around as in completely unavailble or anything- it just seems like, from talking to older people, unless you went to the doc and got an rx (which actually was a lot easier probably than now- it seems like some docs handed out amphetamines and barbituates like candy in the past) or were in certain areas/social groups that alcohol was often the only commonly available intoxicant for most people. The availability of other recreational drugs without an rx seems to have been a lot less before like the 60s.

That's the funny thing though, is I have quite a considerable amount of social anxiety!

For me they never helped that much with social anxiety. I got into benzos when i was suffering cannabis induced anxiety attacks and thats how I got addicted. I alwyas had social anxiety too but I didn't enjoy benzos until after I became a 24/7 stoner and began to suffer anxiety from too much weed.

then take them in a situation where you experience social anxiety. you be fresh like a motherf.

For me temazepam for example gives more euphoria than ghb does simply because I have extreme constant anxiety (nervousness) and that goes away immediately

Not all benzo's work though, I tried oxazepam too and it didn't work for anxiety at all and just gave me a stoned uncomfortable feeling.

Xanax doesn't really gives me euphoria but it certainly does help with my distorted information processing and my hyperexcitable brain status(due to autism) in crowded situations.

I never feel tempted to take xanax on a boring day since it will make me more bored.

I don't like this accepted argument that if one doesn't like benzos then they must be totally laid-back and non-anxious. I have been being treated for anxiety for over a decade and I have never enjoyed the effects of benzos or used them long term in my treatment.

I take mirtazapine as needed at night and hydroxyzine as needed during the day and while they may not work quite as well as a benzo at least they don't leave me feeling heavy, draggy and slow. I do not enjoy the feeling of my brain actually feeling like it is operating slower; I like to have all my mental faculties.

I'm not saying that benzos don't help many other people with anxiety issues. I'm just saying that just because someone doesn't like benzos doesn't mean they are hakuna matata all day.

I don't like this accepted argument that if one doesn't like benzos then they must be totally laid-back and non-anxious. I have been being treated for anxiety for over a decade and I have never enjoyed the effects of benzos or used them long term in my treatment.

I take mirtazapine as needed at night and hydroxyzine as needed during the day and while they may not work quite as well as a benzo at least they don't leave me feeling heavy, draggy and slow. I do not enjoy the feeling of my brain actually feeling like it is operating slower; I like to have all my mental faculties.

I'm not saying that benzos don't help many other people with anxiety issues. I'm just saying that just because someone doesn't like benzos doesn't mean they are hakuna matata all day.

It all boils down to "different strokes for different folks".

Some people enjoy bathsalts while others eat people's faces off.

As much as I enjoy the occasional xanax with some weed I couldn't imagine taking it everyday.

But with that said I also recognize the need that some people have to take it. You gotta have pretty bad anxiety to be on a benzo full time and justify the risk of addiction to said benzo.