• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Jogging while on Klonopin?

talkin2myself

Bluelighter
Is it safe? Nowdays I eat Klonopins like tic-tacs, it doesn't make me high or sleepy just takes away the nasty edge of my fucked up life.

I want to start jogging, is it a safe idea if I'm constantly on Klonopin? I heard that it's not a good to do sports on Xanax, but how about Klonopin?

i don't see any problems with it, given it's a reasonable dose. you wouldn't want to jog if you were too fucked up of course, but then, at this point you probably wouldn't even want to be outside at all...

I love working out on benzos, so yea, go for it.

Not sure why you couldn't... doesn't make much sense.

As long as you're co-herant and not tripping on your feet, but benzos don't really do that.

You'll be fine, just make sure you aren't too benzo'd out. Why is it not good to work out on Xanax? I've never heard this.

I take a prescribed dose of klonopin and have cycled up mountains, I've surfed, and lived an active life.

I take Klonopin 4 days a week and I do EVERYTHING on it.

I run on it, do multiple styles of martial arts on it, lift weights on it, drive on it, etc.

Mind you, I take a MAX daily dose of 1.5mgs, sometimes only 1.0mg or less.

The dangers of doing activities while on a low to moderate dosage of benzo are GREATLY overstated.

In general, I don't feel any different doing anything on my Klonopin dose with the exception of feeling less anxious.

Don't believe the fear mongers.

Shouldn't make any difference if you just take your regular dose when you plan on going for a jog

Figured as much. Really the only hazard I can think of is trying to jog after taking too much benzos and falling on your face. Hopefully that doesn't happen to any of us, lol. Personally I find it uncomfortable when my heart beats too fast so benzos + workout sounds alright.

I take xanax and temazepam and I workout regularly. I don't think you will have a problem especially if you already have a tolerance

I'd say clonazepam is a little less sedating and "barred-out"-y so I think youd do fine.

You'll be fine, just make sure you aren't too benzo'd out. Why is it not good to work out on Xanax? I've never heard this.

Because they say Xanax lowers your hearbeat, blood-pressure, etc., work out makes them higher. And the two working against each other, is not too healthy. But that's just something I heard I don't know if it's true.

Thanks for all of your comments! :)

Because they say Xanax lowers your hearbeat, blood-pressure, etc., work out makes them higher. And the two working against each other, is not too healthy. But that's just something I heard I don't know if it's true.

Thanks for all of your comments! :)

I don't think that is true.

Also, the idea that mixing downers and uppers is a "tug of war" on your heart also seems to be a myth according to many blue lighters.

But a very low dose of a benzo isn't a true "downer" that is going to be significantly lowering your heart beat or blood pressure to any dangerous level so long as it's a LOW dose...and you didn't say your dosage.

I wouldn't recommend taking HUGE doses of benzos if they sedate you too much.

Also, working out effectively LOWERS your blood pressure in the long run, in a healthy way, and doesn't truly raise it.

It may raise it temporarily while you are exercising if it's a REALLY intense workout, but in the long run and afterwards your blood pressure will be more stable and healthier for it.

When I exercise regularly my blood pressure is generally much healthier, right now around 110/70 while if I am not working out regularly and eating like shit and drinking a lot it can rise to a somewhat less healthy (but still not TOO bad number) like 140/80.

Mixing a low dose benzo with exercise isn't like mixing a benzo with speed or anything like that though.

It's safe. When I took klonopin, I'd always exercise in the morn and take my dose right afterwards. Seemed to work best that way.

The muscle-relaxant properties of clonazepam might not be superb for jogging, but certainly possible if you're tolerant. I could easily jog on 1-2mg clonaz myself.

I went jogging on Klonopin and ended up robbing a bank and getting aids :)

I can't jog (knees and back won't allow), but I am on 1mg of lorazepam 2x daily and go for a brisk walk 2x daily (enough to raise heart rate and break a sweat).

Never noticed any ill-effects from the combination of benzos and exercise.

The muscle-relaxant properties of clonazepam might not be superb for jogging, but certainly possible if you're tolerant. I could easily jog on 1-2mg clonaz myself.

I know that THEORETICALLY Klonopin has some muscle relaxing properties but honestly I don't think they are really very profound or noticeable for me.

I do martial arts on Klonopin and routinely overpower and grapple with very large strong dudes and have never found myself to be the least bit weakened by them.

As far as I'm concerned, they don't really happen to me IMO.