View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and music

Magnify

Greenlighter
I'm in good musical mood searching YouTube for some new music. Finding some cool electronic music tonight, liking the vibe. Only smoking tonight but I have been thinking about jamming out while on psychedelics. I'm looking for suggestions and looking to see what kind of music or certain songs people enjoy while tripping.

Have you ever had a moment hearing a song for the first time while tripping and it just fit so nicely?

Also, what drugs enhance music the most or make music more enjoyable in your experience?

Hallucinogen - LSD
SolarStone - You write the rules (young parisians remix)
Calanit - Sculptured (Airbase Remix)

I feel like any 2C-X or MDMA enhances music a great deal and are probably my favorite music enhancers. Also LSD is always a good choice.

anything from the band gong or ashra tempel does it for me and yes lsd, 1p-lsd al-lad and any mushrooms i have tripped on yes mdma its up there too

Have you ever had a moment hearing a song for the first time while tripping and it just fit so nicely?

Definitely. :)
Here are some off the top of my head.

You should be able to find them all on youtube, except for Läbyrinthe and Gornto (soundcloud).

Format:
Artist - Track / Genre / Substance I was on (CNBS = abbrv. for Cannabis)

Leon Bolier pres. Inner Stories - Beyond / Classical Trance / CNBS (had some pretty deep revelations on this one)
Shpongle - The God Particle (feat. Benji) / Psychill / 4-HO-MET + CNBS (first time trying 4-HO-MET, heard it on the come-up)
Phunk Investigation - Acid Slider (Sheff Remix) / Progressive Techno Trance / MXP + CNBS
Free Floating Music - Conception (Full Album) / Space Music / MXE + 2C-D + 4-HO-MET + CNBS (gazed at the youtube video nebula picture for ages, spectacular)
Buddha Dreamer - Relaxing ZEN Music / Ambient / MXP + 4-HO-MET + CNBS
Gornto - 8-2-15 India IPM / Psychedelic Rock / MXP + 4-HO-MET + CNBS
Super Mario Galaxy OST - Gusty Garden Theme / VGM / 2-FMA + 2C-D
Super Mario Galaxy : 8-bit Orchestra / VGM / 2-FMA + 2C-D
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker OST - Ocean Them / VGM / 2-FMA + 2C-D
Beethoven - Piano Sonata No. 14 "Moonlight" Sonata (First Movement) / Baroque / 2-FMA + 2C-D
Johann Pachelbel - Canon in D / Baroque / 2-FMA + 2C-D
Beethoven - 5th Symphony / Baroque / 2-FMA + 2C-D
Beethoven - Symphony No.7 in A major op.92 - II, Allegreto / Baroque / 2-FMA + 2C-D ("all troups ready for battle my colonel!")
Vivaldi - Winter, Four Seasons (Allegro) / Baroque / 2-FMA + 2C-D
Samuel Barber - Adagio For Strings / Classical / 2-FMA + 2C-D (melancholia incarnated)
Apollyon - Abduction Sequence / Psycore / 2-FMA + 2C-D
Läbyrinthe - Partial Agonism (Preview) / Acid Techno / 2-FMA + 2C-D
Whrikk - Unauthorized Dasty Ho / Darkpsy / 5-MAPB + 2C-D + CNBS
Total Sickness - Flight of the Green Hornet / Full-on Psytrance / CNBS

Also, lots of techno / tech-house / psytrance tracks heard while flipping on 5-MAPB + 2C-D + 4-HO-MET at musical events.

On psychedelics I like to listen to classic rock or psytrance.

Some psytrance suggestions:
Bitkit - Tunnelvision
Loud - Distortion
1200 Micrograms - Marijuana
Sun Project - Luna

Also anything from Shpongle and Infected Mushroom is great for tripping.

For something more relaxed I suggest Younger Brother, absolutely magical when tripping IMO.

I remember two experiences listening to music on psychedelics that particularly stood out:

Explosions in the Sky - The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place, while on 4-AcO-DMT. I was crying my eyes out over how beautiful it sounded.
Mogwai - Young Team, while on 2C-E. I really can't find the words to describe it... please (!) don't listen to this for the first time, while on a psychedelic. I think it could be very unpleasant, if you don't know what to expect.

Adding cannabis always works wonders for me regarding music appreciation.

At the end of a mushroom trip, I heard We Are Nowhere by Bright Eyes and it sounded good. I've yet to listen intently to music while on psychs, I always get distracted by other things, but I'll try it soon as I find it interesting.

I have a feeling some groovy progressive metal would sound pretty sweet on mushrooms. One album comes to mind, Language by The Contortionist. The album has a few heavy moments, but as a whole is very chill and really has great flow as an album.

actually any music sounds good to me while tripping. I remember one trip calling in to the all night garage with a few mates and culture club was playing do you really want to hurt me and we all ended up dancing around the forecourt, we must have looked quite strange.. Another time went into a bar tripping and jean michaels jarres oxygen was playing and that really blew me away as well and i dont even like electronic music