• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoked first spliff in months, I ended up hallucinating and pranging like hell! Wtf?

kace

Bluelighter
Hey guys. I used to be a massive stoner, I loved the herb and smoked every day. The worst side effect I got was anxiety and slight paranoia.

Yesterday, I smoked ONE joint with my dealer/friend. I got so fucked, from one damn spliff, I ended up having to leave my car and walk home.

It sucked. I could hear voices talking about me, I thought I was walking towards a police car (it 100% looked like one, till I got close and realised I was hallucinating and I was actually looking at street lamps!). I thought everyone was looking at me acting fucked up and talking about what a state I was. Then, I 'saw' a head/ body, that wasn't there, which turned back into some stones/ shadows.

I know it's funny, but man it really freaked me out. I swear I was getting schizophrenic symptoms, right?

What the actual fuck?! I know cannabis is linked to psychedelics, but never in my 10 years of being a stoner have I experienced any of that.

Am I turning schizophrenic? Would I become schizo if I continued to smoke?

I've quit heroin, and I really wanted to get back into smoking herb on occasion to unwind. Just not if it makes me mental.

Edit : I have never believed that cannabis by itself *causes* schizophrenia, or all that dramatized crap on the bad effects of cannabis. However, I do think it can potentiate pre-existing mental health problems.. and, whilst I have never had any schizophrenic symptoms whilst sober, I have had really bad anxiety & depression.. I've screwed around with drugs -a lot-, (had a seizure from rapid benzo taper, was very screwed up from that), I've acted on suicidal thoughts many times, and am probably quite fucked up.

I don't know.. do you guys think weed could trigger a fragile mental state? :/

Last edited:
Hey guys. I used to be a massive stoner, I loved the herb and smoked every day. The worst side effect I got was anxiety and slight paranoia.

Yesterday, I smoked ONE joint with my dealer/friend. I got so fucked, from one damn spliff, I ended up having to leave my car and walk home.

It sucked. I could hear voices talking about me, I thought I was walking towards a police car (it 100% looked like one, till I got close and realised I was hallucinating and I was actually looking at street lamps!). I thought everyone was looking at me acting fucked up and talking about what a state I was. Then, I 'saw' a head/ body, that wasn't there, which turned back into some stones/ shadows.

I know it's funny, but man it really freaked me out. I swear I was getting schizophrenic symptoms, right?

What the actual fuck?! I know cannabis is linked to psychedelics, but never in my 10 years of being a stoner have I experienced any of that.

Am I turning schizophrenic? Would I become schizo if I continued to smoke?

I've quit heroin, and I really wanted to get back into smoking herb on occasion to unwind. Just not if it makes me mental.

Dude, we're on a message board that has people from all over the world, and you've put "pranging" in your title - not only do Americans not know what that means, but 3/4 of the UK has never even heard that word, so you might wanna make your posts a little more accessible if you want advice. also it doesn't necessarily mean you're turning schizophrenic man, hahaha. It just means you were way too high. Next time all you've got to do is literally take just one or two tiny hits, and go from there. If you smoke a large amount again, it will happen again, and the more it happens the more likely it will be to happen. If you go overboard at this stage you could easily ruin bud for yourself forever, so go really really slow and carefully.

Ah shit, hahaha! To those who don't know what the hell I'm on about.. :)
Pranging = paranoid as hell. (It won't let me edit the title.)

I hope if someone is interested enough, they'll just read the whole of the post and understand what I'm going on about by the description. I'm sorry though, I'm not used to talking to people on here. I'm a lurker.

Haha, man, I'm not someone who's never smoked before. I used to smoke all day, every day. Sorry I was just worried that as I was seeing stuff, and had only smoked one doob, assummed I was going schizo. I guess I should only be worried if I start tripping out in the daytime as well? Haha.

(I can't believe I got messed up from one spliff btw, what the hell?! I'm an ex heroin user, and that stuff never ever got me this messed up!)

Last edited:
A couple weeks ago I smoked a bowl and then jumped in the shower, and while I was in there I got flashed with a super vivid (transparent, but highly detailed) life-size image of woman with multiple arms and skin color like Shiva. Just for a second, and then it was gone. Stuff like that happens every now and then, and sometimes makes me feel like I'm driving myself crazy too, but then all the times I get high after it are exactly the same as they always were until another one of those once in a blue moon moment pops up again. I wouldn't be too worried about, cannabis is genuinely a hallucinogen and makes that known from time to time.

Sounds like synthetics to me. It happened to me. Same as you. Hearing voices and having extreme paranoia. Weed never did that to me. Spice did. Your experience sounds like a spice high to me. not true cannabis. Or it could have been sprayed. I've heard of people doing that with the cheaper weed nowadays. Check your source.

Cannabis has done everything described here to me many times. It doesn't sound any more like synthetics than it does like a trippy THC high, and I would say that the latter is far, far more likely.

Ever since exploring and doing many psychs this happened to me amixers voice was dreadfully over powering my rational mind and I could have very minor acid visuals if I focused mostly in the dark making my noisy vision into fractal hallucinations proper weird man

Thank you guys. :) Yeah it is bloody weird. I thought I was such an experienced druggie, apparently not haha.

I'm embarrassed asking such a noob question, I guess it doesn't matter how much I used to smoke, I hadn't smoked for a long ass time so my tolerance would of be been ridiculously minuscule. I'm not sure of the strain, but the guy who shared it with me always has cheese, or mixed strains. This was from my mate/ dealers personal collection, plus he rolled it, so it was probably strong stuff he packed out to shit.

Ah, I am so relived though. I have an eighth of weed I got the same night, I haven't touched it after that night. Now I've been clean of stronger drugs for a week, I'm really looking forward to (moderately) smoking some good old ganja. :)

dunno what pranging is, but it was most likely a drug-induced psychosis

So to answer your main concern, no you are not going schizo. Have you heard voices today while sober? any delusional thoughts ?

If you do carry on smoking, which i don't suggest, then try to get some weed containing less thc, and more cbd

Thank you guys. :) Yeah it is bloody weird. I thought I was such an experienced druggie, apparently not haha.

I'm embarrassed asking such a noob question, I guess it doesn't matter how much I used to smoke, I hadn't smoked for a long ass time so my tolerance would of be been ridiculously minuscule. I'm not sure of the strain, but the guy who shared it with me always has cheese, or mixed strains. This was from my mate/ dealers personal collection, plus he rolled it, so it was probably strong stuff he packed out to shit.

Ah, I am so relived though. I have an eighth of weed I got the same night, I haven't touched it after that night. Now I've been clean of stronger drugs for a week, I'm really looking forward to (moderately) smoking some good old ganja. :)

Yeah, really the combination of good quality stuff and very low tolerance is more than enough to trigger something like this. You just have to smoke less to get to the same level of high as before if you want to balance it out. There are worse problems to have. ;)

It happens. Much less frequently now that I'm a medical user....but it happens.

Some of the stuff that happened when I first started smoking was unreal. And I would classify it as tripping (OEV's, CEV's, morphing images, patterned breathing of surfaces and wide awake lucid perception of stuff that just wasn't there).

I thank God that it toned down, because without being able to smoke my hands would be a right mess.

Tom