Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DXM / 2310 mg) Experienced Dexhead: Inner Self Awesomeness

Morthanusee

Greenlighter
Almost 2 years of Dextromethorphan use now. Felt like sharing this today after having a trip that has made it to my 2nd best trip ever (First best trip involved very realistic alien contact).

Took a 2 month break to avoid tolerance build-up. Also, throughout the trip I drank a bottle of 100% Grapefruit Juice, all of my trips with this drink seem to be better than without.

8:30 - 9:30 PM Dose: Sip one 5 oz bottle of Delsym (888 mg Dxm Polistrex) - I listen to a psy-ambient music radio on spotify through headphones as I wait for the effects. 2 hours in and music becomes very 3D and relaxing though I am feeling nauseous. I ate breakfast that day but that was it so the vomit was not so bad. After I vomited I chugged a bottle of water which just made me vomit more. After vomiting the nausea goes away and I really start to just enjoy the music on my bed while orbits visualizer is running on my monitor. I enjoy how the music coincidently seemed to be going with the visuals.

1:00 AM: Quickly drink one 3 oz bottle of Delsym (534 mg) - Doesn't begin kicking in until around 3 AM. The trip is more intense now as music and visuals are even more enjoying than before. Lots of indescrible sort of good feeling, peace, and tranquility. Slight CEV begin, mostly just dim colors. Sense of imagination seems incredible, my thoughts while on DXM are just... so imaginative.

6:00 AM: Final Dose of 5 oz bottle chugged (another 888 mg) - an hour later I have an effect of DXM which I have had a few times before, I call it transparent eyelids. CEV that seem like your eyelids are transparent, but when you open them you realize it was just a hallucination. Had fun with this as they were stronger than ever. I decide to turn on some nice binaural beats with the headphones and just meditate laying down with closed eyes. This is where the trip made an unexpected turn. Rather than an outer body experience it was more like an inner body experience as I felt like I was inside a huge world inside of my head. The whole world seemed a lot more dim than reality, but colors were still extremely vivid and textures were absolutely amazing. I feel like I am floating through this world with my bed and go on an astral journey for 2 hours. Seeing mountain tops, vast dirt plains, zooming on roads, floating above treetops, being in strange rooms. It was just too awesome. I feel like it would have lasted longer but my bluetooth headphones died and I opened my eyes. I go to sleep later in the day. The afterglow remained strong until mid-sunday.

Looking forward to another trip like this in the future. Also, this is not the most I have ever done. I have taken much larger doses in smaller amounts of time. I have had plenty of trips with all kinds of effects far more intense than this. However, on a visual/meditative level, none come close to this.

EDIT: This happened Friday Night / Saturday morning