• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone Cuts Thru Vivitrol like a hot knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonrob

Greenlighter
uhh, like a hot knife thru butter.

and DF banned my IP address for attempting to post this for some reason.

In the name of science, for those who seek the TRUTH and for the noble sake of information I was urged to put this information out there. Urged to pause Netflix, stop munching on Doritos and sit down and type this out.
Let me start by saying that although my moral compass may be a weak one at times, I do have a conscience and I would never publish information that would harm anyone or hinder anyone's recovery. That being said, I don't believe in the vivitrol shot neither does my psychiatrist nor do many esteemed clinicians in the medical field. I was also completely stunned that since the dawn of the naltrexone implant and the vivitrol shot not but two posts - cut deep into the search engine's results - turned up this information for me to learn. I tried BL, I tried opiophile and I tried DF, two sources, one an NIH abstract and the other just an anecdotal report

I put this out there because many users have been pressured into the shot, got it unwillingly or just realized they made a horrible irreversible mistake. For me the shot was just a horrible mistake and the depression and malaise that followed was a very dark place indeed. What I discovered was that this breakthrough, quite literally, transformed me into a happy individual for the next two months and although after I discontinued the shot I experienced a series of relapses and recoveries it is my belief that had I not discovered this my recovery would lie no closer than it does at the moment.

Disclaimer: DO NOT TRY THIS WHILE THERE MAY BE ALCOHOL, BENZODIAZEPINE OR BARBITURATES IN THE BODY. Everyone is different, some may get mildly buzzed, others may get very high, but I can assure the reader with confidence that if on the SHOT they will not go into PWDs. This may not be the case for those taking the Naltrexone 50mg pill - a hefty daily dose. Buprenorphine's affinity values hover near those of Naltrexone's but a breakthrough with those plasma levels is doubtful, however in this case, bupe will not push naltrexone off the receptors, it will simply fail to bind to them. I strongly advise anyone trying this to start off with a small test dose orally before attempting to insufflate or IV.

My Experience:

12 Days into my second consecutive vivitrol shot I was up late unable to sleep again and digging through forum post after forum post trying to find methods to breakthrough the shot that didn't include fentanyl and its derivatives. I found one NIH abstract detailing affinities when compared to plasma levels and one report of a user like myself whom ingested buprenorphine (suboxone) while on vivitrol. Their results were fruitful and they were able to breakthrough succesfully. I had no reason to believe anyone would be so cruel as to publish a false report that would cause possibly dozens of readers to go into horrible precipitated withdrawal or overdose. I rarely ingest a substance for recreational purposes through any means but IV. No test dose for me, balls to the wall, just shoot and pray. I loaded a little less than 1mg of an orange suboxone pill into a clean 1cc rig, tied off, pushed the plunger and begged GOD not to let me go into the dreaded PWDs. 20 seconds went by and no PWDs but no rush. I clean up my works and light a cigarette and WHAM (5 minutes after plunger went down) I felt like I did the first day I took a sub, christ the first day I took and opiate, euphoria, energy, lust for life.

If anyone tries to tell you this won't work, ask them..."what reason other than speculation do you have to believe it won't work?" and I can promise you they will say something like: "well you know that suboxone makes you go in WDs if you don't wait long enough after taking a full agonist" or "you have to wait 7 days after taking subs to start vivitrol" or "that is so stupid dude" they won't cite scientific studies or give you anecdotal reports to support it won't work because they don't exist. I just gave you one that does.

Ok....so I am about to iv 1 more mg making it a total of 4. Got the vivitrol shot 4 days ago. My first. I have been feeling like shit since and wanted some relief. So, based on this post, I obtained some sub. Let me tell you... It DOES NOT "cut through vivitrol like a hot knife". It's done absolutely nothing except a second of that sub taste in my mouth...

I just wonder why someone would be prescribed for a Vivitrol shot if they are going to use subs?

It seems like taking Antabus while walking to a liquer store.

You should get Vivitrol shot when you are in late phases of recovery program after you have stopped taking subs or similar replacement therapy drugs for a while as it reads on a SPC of Vivitrol that it is meant to be used to help prevent relapses after acute phase of replacement therapy is done and when patient seems to be willing to continue his absence of opiates and not as a way for preventing the use of subs or similar if a person wants to do them.

If you are being prescribed with a Vivitrol shot and are planning to take subs you have not been honest with the person prescribing it.

Bull shit. It cuts through vivitrol like a dull plastic fork. (In other words, suboxone does not overcome the vivitrol blockade). It is Day 17 of my first vivitrol shot, and I just took 4 mg of suboxone sublingually on Day 17. Didn't feel a thing.

OP, you have to admit that this is kind of stupid right? Naltrexone is an Opioid blocker. Buprenorphine is an Opioid, partial-agonist or otherwise. Naltlrexone, thusly, blocks the effects of Buprenorphine. This is documented, it's as close to fact as science can truly be. I'm not really basing this on "speculation" either. It's pretty well-known. Also, the Vivitrol shot is not an "irreversible" life decision. It lasts for about a month. If you don't like it, you can re-examine things at the end of the month.

I have to leave this open. I fear that if I close it I'll be labeled one of the non-believers, deeply wrapped up in the conspiracy theory that Naltrexone will block the effects of Opioids. I encourage others to chime in. It's not that big of a deal, I just don't think it's worth your time or ours OP, to create an entire thread dedicated to misinformation. I'm not discounting your experience. I'm just saying, it might be different than you think it is.

i think this is all at best a subjective and misguided account
and at its worst a harmful troll

if there's anyone here on vivitrol i hope you wouldn't attempt this and frankly i don't see why? cut through one blocker with another blocker? hmmm :/

Yeah... I have to say, from what I have heard/read about this vivtrol shot, I highly doubt buprenorphine could break through it and provide any kind of "feeling"... I mean who knows, everyone's body reacts differently to drugs, of all kinds.. Maybe the OP, has an extremely, abnormally f ast metabolism and the vivitrol shot, was not as long lasting for him as it is for most people... he could be full of shit, it could have just been placebo, or maybe he actually did get a little bit of sub to breakthrough... we will never truly know what happened IRL, just be able to speculate... and I think its a bit far fetched like most everyone else has stated above me.. I would NEVER, willingly take that shot, hearing what I have heard about all of the side effects from it... Fuck that! I'm good...

Ok so 2 hours after I took the first 4 mg I decided to take another 4 mg, sublingually. I did feel a little something this time. But it was very MILD, just some body relaxation and my pupils got a little smaller. It had absolutely no euphoric effect and my mood didn't change at all. This is probably due to the Mu-opioid receptor blockade from the Vivitrol. I just felt like my breathing was slowed down and my body was more calm.

OP is saying that doing 1 mg of suboxone on Day 12 felt like the first time he took an opiate. Lol. I'm on day 17 and it feels like about 1/10th of the usual high is there. So yeah it breaks through, but it's effects are very mild, and it was probably dangerous to do what I did by taking 8 mg of suboxone with no tolerance. Peace.

^Thanks for the brief experience report ItComesAndGoes! This sort of thing is really helpful in threads such as this, where we're trying to answer a question and all we really have at hand is empirical evidence; what we've experienced. It's not fact of course, but someone's own personal experience is a great addition to the conversation. A lot of the information we exchange here on Bluelight is just that, experiential information.

Also, welcome to Bluelight! You're off to a great start :).

Those saying naloxone or naltrexone will block the effects of suboxone or buprenorphine do not know what they are talking about. Suboxone itself contains naloxone (active ingredient in vivitrol or narcan) but the buprenorphine has a higher affinity which means it outcompetes the naloxone for mu receptors. I have been on (1 month IM) vivitrol for about two weeks and shot .3 mg of pure buprenorphine today and within one minute felt the effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.