• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Regional pills/MDMA Discussion: Nae vendor discussion.

I'm not saying it does. For the record I already am sure something has changed. I'm 25 years old have not lost the magic my group of friends are the same age all been popping since we were around 15, and most of us agree that most of the 200mg pills are disappointing. whereas we all agreed the UFO's were the mutts nuts a while back.
There is still a bit of empathy there for me with the glycidate stuff, the main thing I find missing is any energy. The last few times I've had pills I felt more like dancing before I took them, than I did once they took effect.

Add to that the change in precursor, the change in marquis reaction, the sheer number of people saying something has changed. MDMA manufactures saying something did change when the only available precursor became glycidate.

Fair do's if you don't feel that way, but if you read through the last how many pill threads you'll see there seems to be more people than ever saying the experience is not what it was. And there is most certainly some evidence to support these claims.

If I had the money and wasn't currently full of fluox, I'd like to buy up some (claimed) safrole-based MDMA, some crystal likely to be glycidate based and a 200 mg pill, and blind drop each of them, with suitable breaks, and get a bit of semi-rigorous data on the matter. Low sample size of course, but it would still give some kind of an idea about what's going on with less confounding from set/time effecting memory.

What's addiction got to do with MDMA?

Quite a lot actually, albeit granted not from a micro perspective.

Apologies for not providing context to my post, but here it is:

The recent discussion around quality of MDMA, we suspect relates to a change of precursor. The reason behind the change of precursor is a tightening up of control on existing precursors i.e. safrole and PMK, which has led to chemists using PMK-glycidate: resulting in what we believe is substandard MDMA.

All of this is due to various international/UN-led treaties being interpreted by various countries as focusing on criminalising related activity – attempting to stem both supply and demand (with less of a focus in the UK recently on the latter). Clearly those attempts have failed as the demand for drugs (including MDMA) has not declined. The video I posted demonstrates why we should be focussing on individuals, rather than substances – harm reduction, rather than scaremongering and marginalising.

Governments’ attitudes are slowly evolving (e.g. Portugal, Netherlands, Czech Republic, lots of South American countries), however some countries – including the UK – lack the political will to do so. There is a UN forum this year on reviewing drug policy (http://www.unodc.org/ungass2016/) that could well lead to a change in approach that will help enable the same on a country level.

Those changes may ultimately result in legalisation, which is likely to improve the quality of a lot of drugs and certainly MDMA.

I really do enjoy the micro-focussed debate (substances, precursors etc.), as that is the “real” and most tangible aspect of MDMA. But I do think it’s important to keep an eye on the bigger picture, as this where fundamental change can happen. I appreciate that it’s very slow, but I’m ever hopeful!

Last edited:
So I tested my new batch of orange Dutch lions - purple marquis. Now just need to drop a couple next weekend

different size, shape and colour?

I have some and got the same results.

Going to road test at the weekend.

Mine are slightly more sharper cut than the og's and a cross between orange and peach. Still had a few of the old ones left to compare against.