• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

November Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Thankful for Sobriety!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I was already not feeling well when I was typing that...
but it's too late now because either way, my friend didn't know what he was talking about and it turns out that those "suboxone" were actually clonidine, which I do not like. So I never ended up getting them after all. Oh well, it was probably for the better. You really are right about going to a proper doctor, I don't know what has been stopping me all this time.. Anxiety I guess.

But on a good note, I have gotten a couple callbacks from potential jobs and I'm pretty positive that I got at least one of them. It might sound a little off topic, but I really feel that if I can give myself a steady responsibility, then maybe I can stay off of opiates a little more easily... or at least hold off on using until after work and possibly taper myself down successfully. I've lost every job I've had due to drug use though so I really don't wanna fuck this one up. I'm really nervous about getting back on my feet especially if I'm actively using still. I almost don't feel ready to have a job again, but I really need it.

I was very nervous when I first went to a suboxone doc. Don't be too scared <3

I have high hopes for you verri. Whatever you dream you can achieve, and whatever you achieve will only help you excel.

here is a little song for you captain heroin. Hope it puts a dip in your hip and a glide in your stride.

Hope everyone is well today. I'm 4 days clean today, having used every three days or so the past few weeks. Start a new job Monday and it feels great. Hang in there people!

Congrats on everyone's clean time!!
And thanks for the words of encouragement you guys! I start the job in 4 hours, Haven't even slept yet, stupid anxiety. I'm gonna put my head down for an hours.

Stay happy! And never give up!!! :)

congrats on the job! Everyone from the people that have short time, to those with longer time...Isn't it an amazing thing that we all have even made it this far? I remember feeling so hopeless for so long, and now, despite my condition and family situation, I feel overwhelming hope that I can achieve what I want. Yes it is a struggle quite a bit of the time, but I have the strength now to fight, and I have the support that I need to do it!

I hope everyone has a nice day. Once I figure my camera out I will start posting pictures of my flowers on here for some inspiration.

Not entirely 'clean' in the strictest application of the word, but on my way. I haven't had a drink in almost two weeks and it feels great. Going to keep that up for a while, it really is one of the worst drugs around. Had been drinking pretty much daily for a while and I was having some difficulty giving it up. I had a little help, and have been taking smallish doses of ibogaine but feeling better than I have in a very long time. The stuff has been pretty amazing for me. No drug cravings at all really and doing wonders for depression and some of my other issues.

Tapering off of my last 'med', neurontin. Been free from APs for a couple months now. Not looking forward to another withdrawal really so I'm going to take it really easy on this taper. Only tapering off of 900 mg so I hope its not too painful but I've been on it for years. Still using a little green but that doesn't seem particularly problematic for me atm.

Congrats everybody. Maybe one day I can join your ranks. I'm working on it. :)

Whats going on captain? Anything you need someone to talk about with? PM and you can shoot me a text.

35 days clean today. Living in a crappy Lancaster sober house but luckily im moving to a luxury transistional house tomorrow in the burbs. I just got out of my 3rd rehab five days ago and its been both fun and a struggle at times. Partial hospitalization is a bitch. Six hours of the same depressing shit everyday. I had 410 days clean last year and hopefully I can beat that one day at time.

35 days clean today. Living in a crappy Lancaster sober house but luckily im moving to a luxury transistional house tomorrow in the burbs. I just got out of my 3rd rehab five days ago and its been both fun and a struggle at times. Partial hospitalization is a bitch. Six hours of the same depressing shit everyday. I had 410 days clean last year and hopefully I can beat that one day at time.

Congrats on your 35 days man! :)

whats up guys. Not sure if you remember me posting in the september and mostly the october sober threads about me trying to get clean, some of you may.

Well, it didn't work doing it by myself- I just couldnt do it and I came to those terms and accepted I needed extra help. So I checked myself into detox Tuesday, just got out today. They tapered me down with methadone and livrium for anxiety. And now I'm like 4.5 days clean! It's the first time since 2009 that I haven't been on an opiate, whether it be heroin - oxy- bupe, Im finally off everything!! They gave me a prescription for trazadone for sleep and some vitamins. I'm so thankful guys. I finally feel like I can do this. And I will.

I'm gonna start hitting meetings with some people I met in there and became close with, and also my ex who was a good friend for awhile so it aint wweird lol. But yeah man, I hope you all are doing good. One day at a time, and if that is too long-5 minutes at a time. Whatever works for you. Lov e ya famo!

It is hard to know what to count for sobriety, but I have a year without opiates

It is hard to know what to count for sobriety, but I have a year without opiates

Congrats!!!! :D

I have over a year without them too. :)

whats up guys. Not sure if you remember me posting in the september and mostly the october sober threads about me trying to get clean, some of you may.

Well, it didn't work doing it by myself- I just couldnt do it and I came to those terms and accepted I needed extra help. So I checked myself into detox Tuesday, just got out today. They tapered me down with methadone and livrium for anxiety. And now I'm like 4.5 days clean! It's the first time since 2009 that I haven't been on an opiate, whether it be heroin - oxy- bupe, Im finally off everything!! They gave me a prescription for trazadone for sleep and some vitamins. I'm so thankful guys. I finally feel like I can do this. And I will.

I'm gonna start hitting meetings with some people I met in there and became close with, and also my ex who was a good friend for awhile so it aint wweird lol. But yeah man, I hope you all are doing good. One day at a time, and if that is too long-5 minutes at a time. Whatever works for you. Lov e ya famo!

I'm glad to hear you returned after a relapse. :) That's amazing man, keep going!

Congrats!!!! :D

I'm glad to hear you returned after a relapse. :) That's amazing man, keep going!

Thanks man! Hope you are doing well also. Honestly I expected to feel like shit today since my last dose of methadone was 5mg at 6am which is what they have you jump off at. But its been 28 hours since then and I really don't feel too bad. Theres like a slight remaning chilly type feeling but it's nothin like I expected. Fuckin grateful man I can't believe im not on anything at all its been so long.

Thanks man! Hope you are doing well also. Honestly I expected to feel like shit today since my last dose of methadone was 5mg at 6am which is what they have you jump off at. But its been 28 hours since then and I really don't feel too bad. Theres like a slight remaning chilly type feeling but it's nothin like I expected. Fuckin grateful man I can't believe im not on anything at all its been so long.

I'm grateful too man, I know that feeling. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.