• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

November Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Thankful for Sobriety!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erikmen that is awesome, and captain Heroin I do as well.

I just put in a bunch of new flowers....and a pomegranate tree.....life is funny. That is my therapy. When I surveyed my work as I was watering these flowers into place I found such a state of happiness that I just had to share it here.

I put a rose in as well. It reminds of dates I took to the rose gardens in syracuse. The sweet smell of roses on a stiff end of spring breeze...it is just starting to get a little hot. Staring at such beauty makes Pan's song almost irresistible. To make love in a secluded patch of a rose garden in spring. I got a long way to go to get back there...but each day I am indeed stronger.

Hmm so my friend contacted me and says he found some suboxone that he no longer needs, and is gonna give em to me to help me out. I've never taken it for wds before, but I'd rather take those than go looking for other stuff today. He gets off work in a few hours so I'm gonna go check it out. He never told me what mg they are, I'm in the midst of asking.
What do you think would be a recommended dosage? I don't wanna waste them by taking too many mgs, I really wanna see how well it works for wds. Cause if it can help me not feel like a bag of bricks while I'm looking for a job tomorrow then that would be awesome.

Can't you try looking for a doctor again? Just so you start well and with medical assistance.
Anyway.. I'd choose a weekend to do it. You need to wait 24/48 hours, as you know.
Good luck papav.!

Like for it to have effect? I actually did not know. I'm not as educated as I should be on that stuff. You are right about finding a doctor though that really would be the smarter idea. :/

Over 1 week down the hatch now. Mad cravings today.. hopefully my new psychologist will help with that today

One week is an excellent milestone tryp. The cobwebs are coming off your better judgement. You are now seeing those urges for what they are, and know you need not give into them.

Hey mbc, how's things with the family now dude?

I've slipped up a little. I decided since I'd managed to stay away from the drugs that were mainly causing me big problems (cocaine, amphetamines, benzos, spirits) for over a month, I could have a bash at the drugs I used to actually enjoy (ketamine, MDMA). It would have all went well, or so I tell myself. Until something very random happened. I bumped into my best mate from high school, we were like brothers from the age of 12 to 20. I'm 24 now. Anyway invited him round to catch up while he was home from London.
Well when I got home I hit a mental wall. I started thinking what a cunt I am for ever leaving such good people behind. Associating with the assholes I have been for years due to nothing more than a shared interest in getting high on drugs. Then I started to worry, what the fuck do I say to him? I've done nothing but fuck every opportunity I've had for the past 5 years up.
I had the ketamine and MDMA, as I planned to use it on Saturday, didn't expect to see him. Well I wound up spanking that gram of K in 4 fat lines and floating through different dimensions all afternoon. For some reason mid K hole I shouted out "DONT SHOOT ME" alerting everyone in the house, my rents, and after cleaning up my act for the last 5-6 weeks and them thinking I was clean they were aware I was on drugs obviously, I was completely gone in the hole unable to make sense. :\
Luckily they were ok about it, I guess it wasn't pipes and pins. And they are actually quite aware which drug is which but what shape I'm in. And they've listened to the research of people like David Nutt and such, and know from what I've told them ketamine helped me through PTSD in the past. Still it is embarrassing and I'm in no rush to do this again, despite feeling mentally rejuvenated after the hole.
My old best friend came round, I don't know was it an effect of the ketamine but I don't think so, the conversation was exceptionally good. We chatted about all sorts, the places he'd been, current politics, what we'd all like to do in the future. How we should never have drifted apart. It was quite something, we exchanged numbers again when he left so now at least I have my best friend back in my life.
He left just after 9pm, and it's been a lot to consider since. I've only ever moved out of my parents once, when I was 20. And between my friend I shared a flat with moving home and other fuck ups from partying too much moved home only 6 months later. I feel now like it is really time to move on with my life. I also took some MDMA after my friend left, just two medium doses and enjoyed the retrospect and some music, allowing myself to open up my perspective. I felt fine yesterday but utterly awful this morning, splitting headache and just angry at how much time has slipped. I binned the rest of it, and this afternoon I'm feeling more positive. I know now it's no more chems or booze for a long time, it just sets me back although sometimes I think dissociatives like K or MXE can help me to be more positive and come out of my depression. I know it's no more for a long time.
I applied for Open University of Social Sciences last week. As with not working (signed off - Bipolar) just now my life feels a bit empty, especially with quitting my heavy drug use. I got straight A's in the higher education prelim for Sociology & Politics before in 2011. Being the stupid arrogant idiot I was though I quit the course before the actual exam because I was working and making enough money I though - "who needs grades" :| what a fool. I'm also looking into IT jobs in the South of England, I feel like the beginning of next year I will try to fly the nest again, only further from home (I stay in Scotland), somewhere busier where I can really find myself.

Sorry if this is a long post. I just needed to get it off my chest. I already knew before what I had to do but now I will push myself more thanks to the greater understanding of further experience of slipping up.

Like for it to have effect?

In order to ensure you have no precipitated withdrawal. If you are taking short acting opiates 24 hours long acting opiates, more time is required. People normally take a sub when they start not feeling well.

I need some help. I got my bloodtest results for my latest liver enzyme test....well let me start over.

I have chronic hep c. I believe I contracted it when I was sixteen. I am thirty three now. My last liver biopsy showed I was in four out of five for fibrosis, or scarring in the liver. This is irreversable damage beyond liver transplant. Stage five is cirrhosis which causes a high likelyhood of liver cancer. Usually my doctor will share my results over the phone...this time he told me to come in. I sat there while he told me that my liver enzymes are spiking and he asked me the symptoms I am feeling. I have extreme loss of apetite, I'm losing a few pounds a week, and if I work for more than an hour or two I become so fatigued that the next day I barely have the strength to do my housework and gardening. I literally do twenty minutes and take an hour break, twenty minutes take an hour break. My doctor told me that I need another biopsy...however that is 400 dollars with insurance, and crazy out of my price range without. I just lost my insurance. I am extremely scared because it has never been this bad before.

here is a list of symptoms
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated three-and-a-half million people in the United States have a chronic hepatitis C infection. Most people infected with the hepatitis C virus (HCV) don’t even know they have it.

Over the course of years, HCV infection can cause major damage to the liver. For every 100 people with chronic HCV infection, between five and 20 people will go on to develop cirrhosis, according to the CDC. In fact, HCV infection is the leading cause of cirrhosis and liver cancer.

Hepatitis C Can Be Invisible
The initial HCV infection may result in very few symptoms. It’s not surprising that many people with hepatitis C don’t know they have a life-threatening disease.

HCV attacks the liver, and after initial infection, many people exposed develop a chronic infection. Chronic HCV infection slowly causes inflammation and damage in the liver. It may take 20 or 30 years before enough damage is done for the problem to be found.

Cirrhosis, Scars of a Lifetime
The liver is a crucial organ that detoxifies the blood and makes vital nutrients. Damage to the liver can occur from chronic alcohol abuse, parasites, and many other causes, including hepatitis.

Over time, inflammation in the liver results in scarring and permanent damage called cirrhosis. At the point of cirrhosis, the liver is unable to heal itself. Cirrhosis can lead to end-stage liver disease, liver cancer, and liver failure. If a person has any of these conditions, they may need a liver transplant.

There are two stages of cirrhosis: compensated and decompensated. Compensated cirrhosis means the body still functions despite reduced liver function and scarring. Decompensated cirrhosis means that body functions are breaking down. In decompensated cirrhosis, serious symptoms may occur, including kidney failure, variceal hemorrhage, and hepatic encephalopathy.

Symptoms of Cirrhosis Due to Hepatitis C
You may not have any signs or symptoms of cirrhosis until it has done considerable damage to your liver. Symptoms of cirrhosis include:

fatigue
nausea
loss of appetite, weight loss
bleeding or bruising easily
itchy skin
yellow discoloration in eyes and skin (jaundice)
swelling in legs
fluid in abdomen (ascites)
abnormal blood tests (bilirubin, albumin, coagulation parameters, etc.)
enlarged veins in the esophagus and upper stomach that may bleed (variceal hemorrhage)
impaired mental function due to buildup of toxins (hepatic encephalopathy)
infection of the abdominal lining (bacterial peritonitis)
combined kidney and liver failure (hepatorenal syndrome)(My kidney function sucks now, I always have extremely dark urine that is cloudy, and sometimes bloody/rusty)

I underlined the most prominent ones. I drank and used extremely heavily while I had it. I would routinely take handfuls of hydrocodone and percocets...I didn't take care of my health and now I am paying the price for living life at its limits. I don't know what to do...I guess I just have to come to a place of acceptance.

Last edited:
Sorry folks, its been awhile. Just an update, been super busy with the move. Been working out a ton (I live a block away from my gym) and been going to lots of meetings. I met some pretty cool people and even was invited over to an AA party at somebodies house. I went and had a pretty good time. I might be needing to find a new sponsor, I am just not sure I am comfortable with my current one but I don't want to make a rash decision. I am not sure if it is because I feel he is kinda negating my previous experience in NA because I am now in AA or if it is pride or what.

I also celebrated a year and a half clean recently! My life is so much easier today. Its not always perfect and I do have my moments but overall I am good. Also, I feel like I am finally starting to get free of the pain from my last breakup (I have been over but still in pain).

1 year, 6 months and 2 days clean of mind and mood altering substances (except for my anti-depressants of course!)

I need some help. I got my bloodtest results for my latest liver enzyme test....well let me start over.

I have chronic hep c. I believe I contracted it when I was sixteen. I am thirty three now. My last liver biopsy showed I was in four out of five for fibrosis, or scarring in the liver. This is irreversable damage beyond liver transplant. Stage five is cirrhosis which causes a high likelyhood of liver cancer. Usually my doctor will share my results over the phone...this time he told me to come in. I sat there while he told me that my liver enzymes are spiking and he asked me the symptoms I am feeling. I have extreme loss of apetite, I'm losing a few pounds a week, and if I work for more than an hour or two I become so fatigued that the next day I barely have the strength to do my housework and gardening. I literally do twenty minutes and take an hour break, twenty minutes take an hour break. My doctor told me that I need another biopsy...however that is 400 dollars with insurance, and crazy out of my price range without. I just lost my insurance. I am extremely scared because it has never been this bad before.

here is a list of symptoms

I underlined the most prominent ones. I drank and used extremely heavily while I had it. I would routinely take handfuls of hydrocodone and percocets...I didn't take care of my health and now I am paying the price for living life at its limits. I don't know what to do...I guess I just have to come to a place of acceptance.

Wow man that really is terrible. Is there nobody you could borrow the $400 from?

Just when it was sounding like you were getting things together aswell :(

My insurance ran out....so its going to be way more. I have four hundred easy. Not using I can save my money..and my family is wealthy.

I do have things together, this is just something that I needed to express because it was causing me so much inner anxiety and so much desire to use...you know, just to forget about it for a minute. I just need to learn to accept that this is how things are, and that I need to do what I can to feel okay about it.

That sounds terrible chef, it must be really challenging coming to terms with your present with it.

How do you relate to your current condition chef? It sounds like you may have found a really good teacher in it.

chef; I'm so sorry to hear about this. I got tested for hep C a while back. Negative. But that was a while back... :|

I also tested negative for HIV. Will have to get re-tested soon 8(

I'm very nervous about this.

Your attitude is amazing though and I wish I was so well adjusted with my life circumstances.

My insurance ran out....so its going to be way more. I have four hundred easy. Not using I can save my money..and my family is wealthy.

I do have things together, this is just something that I needed to express because it was causing me so much inner anxiety and so much desire to use...you know, just to forget about it for a minute. I just need to learn to accept that this is how things are, and that I need to do what I can to feel okay about it.

I never meant you didn't man. I meant it was very sad to hear after your recent posts about seeing your son again.

Wish you nothing but the best mbc

In order to ensure you have no precipitated withdrawal. If you are taking short acting opiates 24 hours long acting opiates, more time is required. People normally take a sub when they start not feeling well.

Oh I was already not feeling well when I was typing that...
but it's too late now because either way, my friend didn't know what he was talking about and it turns out that those "suboxone" were actually clonidine, which I do not like. So I never ended up getting them after all. Oh well, it was probably for the better. You really are right about going to a proper doctor, I don't know what has been stopping me all this time.. Anxiety I guess.

But on a good note, I have gotten a couple callbacks from potential jobs and I'm pretty positive that I got at least one of them. It might sound a little off topic, but I really feel that if I can give myself a steady responsibility, then maybe I can stay off of opiates a little more easily... or at least hold off on using until after work and possibly taper myself down successfully. I've lost every job I've had due to drug use though so I really don't wanna fuck this one up. I'm really nervous about getting back on my feet especially if I'm actively using still. I almost don't feel ready to have a job again, but I really need it.

Good to hear Papav.!
You'll fell ready when time comes.
Trust your instincts!
Good luck!
Erik

That sounds terrible chef, it must be really challenging coming to terms with your present with it.

How do you relate to your current condition chef? It sounds like you may have found a really good teacher in it.

I am learning quite a lot about my own mortality. I also can use these feelings to educate, inform, and inspire others to get tested regularly and do something about it if you know. I however did not do something about and here is the result.

Yesterday I felt very weak. Today I feel a bit stronger but the malaise never goes away. The biggest thing that it is teaching me is that I can't get wrapped up in it. When I have blown my knee out, or hyperextended my ankle playing sports I found a way to get through it even thought it was very debilitating at the time. This is one of those instances...I need to just accept that this is how I feel now, see the problem, accept it, and move on from it. If I can play my cards right I can extend my life for quite a long time...and if I have acceptance than my quality of life will suffer little.

I can't be super manboychef anymore and work everyday all day. I have to learn to take breaks. I am a high anxiety person. Anxiety comes from a lack of control. I need to learn that I cannot control this. I have done what I can to get treated, and I will continue to do so...those are the things I can control, I can control if I use drugs or alcohol, I can control my environment by either finding things I enjoy. What I cannot control is the doctor and the pharmacist. I can't be mad at them. It is a business after all. They need to feed their families just as I do. I guess basically I can't let myself get as anxious as I did yesterday. Life will get better, that is my motto.

Status
Not open for further replies.