• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Music Thread

actually was at cremation last year and this guy was a motorhead freak

and his song was this...not a dry eye in the place

at first i couldnt believe it but it was so right at the time had to go out and get some air though

That is an interesting choice, but I like that-and I'm not saying that in a sarcastic, dismissive way. Especially because your friend was into Motorhead so that gives it meaning. I also like the uniqueness of it not being a slow song.

^^^Whoah!!! Kick ass song!! Never heard this. My username, is from the MLB song Stargazer, the way it's used in the song, is a metaphor for heroin to me. "Stargazer you call the shots and I take them...Stargazer you cry in blue, anything I've ever seen, it aint as good as you...I'm not trying to push your feelings, but I know you hold me like putty in your hands" etc. Zomby...lovin this song! PS-I should've known it's Rodney James Dio singing! Love DIO (rip Rodney) "Last in Line" is one of my favorites...the entire Black Sabbath Heaven and Hell album...not to dismiss Ozzy in any shape or form...love him

I would agree dio better chanter than ozzy but as you say gotta love him too

pure magic

Can - Paperhouse

does anyone else think the red hot chilli peppers heard this

Last edited:

matthew sweet...reminds me of my holy grail of highschool girls....you know, that one that actually you want to do more than just screw....ended up dating her. It was better when she was my holy grail :|

also this song throughout highschool shaped my love of chillout

and for stargazer. I wrote this when I was twenty, but only posted them a few years ago for friends that hadn't heard any of the projects I was working on when I was spinning records...no samples! all from scratch. The rest of my soundcloud is all experimental stuff I never really let fly, or just the bones of certain projects.

Track 4 (Breakstep Piano) from my album "musings and ruminations"

Last edited:
Wow manboy I just noticed your note to me, after I posted this....can't wait to check you out!!!

Manboy I cant load your video :( I even tried the link...is it on youtube? Maybe I can load it there. You reminded me-I love this song, one of my favorites....

allright I will try to find another way, Maybe through facebook. anyways here are some bootyshaking house tracks from back in the day to get your body moving right this morning stargazer.

In the armand van heldon video...when the protagonist turns everything into 1992, the smile he has on is the smile I have on the whole time I listen to this song!

This makes me want to dust off my turntables and start an impromptu block party. Most of my neighbors are puerto rican so I think blasting a little dancehall might get things popping.%)%)=D

these other two have special meanings for me, they remind me of the beautiful girls I would go dancing with in pittsburgh....aww shucks!

the bassline in this track always got the club moving like crazy!

one last track that reminds me of dancing with the beautiful Jewel at club Rosebud in Pittsburgh

reminds me walking on snow days after eating bananas and drinking mate in Jamaica Plains, particularly walking from the house to the T, when the feelings inside from the warmth of mate meets the chill of the crisp air

Lake and Washington, Pasadena

Last edited by a moderator: