• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonidine and Methylphenidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinWhiteDuke23

Greenlighter
I'm prescribed clonidine 0.1 mgs 2 a day. I obtained some Concerta 36mgs and chewed two of them 10/11 hours ago. When can I safely take my clonidine (without arrhythmia risk)? 2nd time with methylphenidate so still new to stims.

Why would that cause a arrthymia ? Low doses of clonidine may improve the focus effects of methylphenidate in a manner similar to Tenex. While high doses will dose dependently decrease heart rate and blood pressure.

The combinated use of a ADHD stimulant and low dose alpha 2 adrenic agonists is common

I combine 0.2mg clonidine with 40-50mg methylphenidate without problems. Actually it reduces tachycardia.

As said, it will lessen many of the negative sides from the stimulant. It may also diminish some of the positive effect from the concerta, though this varies from person to person (and ADHD subtype).

Before I'm comfortable giving an answer, I'd prefer to know for what reason you're prescribed these two meds in the first place.

Before I'm comfortable giving an answer, I'd prefer to know for what reason you're prescribed these two meds in the first place.
I don't think he will respond as it's been some time since this was posted so I'm closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.