• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My detox from heroin begins now

It's great the lope is working so well for you. Part of me want to be an ass and make a comment along the lines of, "Well if 40mg of lope is holding you then you couldn't have been a real addict." Lol, so fucking stupid, although you probably get the idea.

What has kicking been like you before? If you've tried and tried and tried suffering and white knuckling through withdrawal, then I think trying something to make the process easier on yourself may be just what the doctor ordered.

Dre...I'm glad you're ok. I'm sad to hear about you relapsing though. I understand. Addiction is a demon....a real mf'r. I went through a really difficult 3 days last week, where I had severe cravings. I was miserable....but thanks to some of my BL friends that were really supportive, and telling some friends I was feeling dangerous....it helped me through it.

I hope you come to the place where you're ready to stop....you will, in your own time. Keep giving us an update, no matter what. Be safe and the best of luck to you.

Well its been a while like any addict i disapeared into the darkness for a while! Ive been using daily since my last post '11-11-15' and im going to take a swing at it again n try to quit' since i used more H this time i hope the loperamide works just as good as last time! This time i was using 4-5 times a day like ever 4hrs!
Im not sure if i should take the loperamide and just a lil H for the first 2 days and then just take loperamide! Hope to hear from u guys

Bro I'm with you day 1 . Idk where you're posted at but its getting cold now in SoCal (we're pussies with coldness) try to stay warm . Ugh I hate being sick and having to go outside to smoke weed not on the porch/balcony cause parents home and it's ficking cold as hell cant even hit pipe, don't even feel like going outside lol. I couldn't imagine being dope sick homeless wondering around in freezing weather hopeless for a sac fuck that sounds horrific .

Im also in cali! Whittier'
Yes its getting cold! Did u try taking immodium ad it helps alot

Hey Dre!! What's up? I have been wondering what's up with you.

Most of us haven't quit in one try. Some...but not many. You're making progress. The fact you want to try is a great sign....If there's any advice, I can give, if I may...never in your recovery become complacement. My last bang up job, that I ended up in jail over, started as a relapse. I had a few years...years clean time. Well...it was my worst ever. Blew all of my money, and included jail-which I had managed to avoid somehow for years.

I am really glad to hear from you and you have my respect for coming back...and trying again. Never, never, never stop trying. PS-Immodium will still help-I know people w a pretty bad fentynal addiction it has helped.

Hey Dre!! What's up? I have been wondering what's up with you.

Most of us haven't quit in one try. Some...but not many. You're making progress. The fact you want to try is a great sign....If there's any advice, I can give, if I may...never in your recovery become complacement. My last bang up job, that I ended up in jail over, started as a relapse. I had a few years...years clean time. Well...it was my worst ever. Blew all of my money, and included jail-which I had managed to avoid somehow for years.

I am really glad to hear from you and you have my respect for coming back...and trying again. Never, never, never stop trying. PS-Immodium will still help-I know people w a pretty bad fentynal addiction it has helped.

I am hoping the loperamide helps since this time ive done alot more then before! Would anyone know how much loperamide i should take to help with withdrawl! I have been using about a lil less than a gram a day! I really need to quit! Also wen should i start taking the loperamide? Should it be 8hrs after my last hit or once im in full withdrawls or before since it takes 45 minutes to an hour to start working!

I have been stocking up on loperamide 'immodium ad' and vicodin! I read somewere that i can use the both to help me the first 2-3 days...i will only use the vicodin at night for sleep since i work n cant miss anytime or go into work with only 2-3 hrs of sleep' if anyone has the answer to anyone of my many question please help me out'

With vicodin I don't think you'll need much loperamide :D

Depends what your habit was like, but anywhere from 20-160mg (although I wouldn't recommend the higher doses). Start with 20mg, increasing 6mg every 30min until the symptoms go away. That should give you a good baseline. I observe that most people say around 60mg works for them, but in my case I'd need 90-150mg, which does come with some shitty side effects. But hey, it kept me well when I had a fucked up habit, so waddah gonna do...

Be careful with your plan to use the hydromorphine. I understand why you intent to have it on hand, trust me. And it you had any kind of serious habit one or two vicodins aren't going to help much. But still, even with hydromorphine is playing with fire. Sounds like you'd be better off tapering on vicodin and then using loperamide, as the two together may be a little too much. Think it over and let us know.

Good luck!

Yea i think ill use a lil loperamide and a lil norcos''' i only have 20 norcos 10mg
A bunch loperamide and some clonodine'

You mention for me to taper down first with hydro then to finish it off with loperamide? I just dont think i have enough vicodin to do it! What is a good amount of hydromorphine to start tappering my H habbit! (I was using a lil less then a gram a day) iv black tar-----

FYI---i havent started my second attemp to get clean right now im just getting all my comfort meds ready! I wish i could add some xanax to the menu but dont have a connect

Depending on the amount you were using or if you were IVing it I wouldn't go cold turkey.. Take some benzos and maybe some Suboxone. That's about all you can do.. Best of luck! I'm weaning off subs myself. And I feel your pain I was doing around 80 bags a day so trust me I know withdrawl :/

This is my 10th detox! But its the second time using loperamide (immodium ad) it helped alot the first time ! Cuz other times i went cold turkey or didnt have comfort drugs! This time im prepping myself so i can make it as easy as i can' have you ever used loperamide to detox???

That's good to hear - so you already have an idea what to expect and how to use the loperamide. If you've been using dope X number of time a day, take like 40mg of hydrocodone in place of that. One day two take 30mg. Day three 20mg and start with the loperamide. Day four (and onward) 20mg hydrocodone until you run out, increasing your dose of loperamide each day until you feel stable. That actually should work out really well. It really depends on how much dope you were using as well as the frequency you used it at.

Frankly, if you have some clonidine (and especially if you can get your hands on like 7-14mg of clonazepam or alprazolam) I don't think you'll need the hydrocodone to help you sleep. Just load up on clonidine (and if possible a benzo) instead.

Yes, I've detoxed using loperamide, but buprenorphine, heroin and methadone each different times, but I've used it at stupid, unnecessarily high dosages that I would try and avoid if I used it again. And actually, since it didn't help me much except at those stupid high doses, other than with the shits I mean, I would just avoid it these days in favor of stuff like DXM, pregabalin, gabapentin and diazepam/temazepam.

@toothpastedog i have everything except the hydrocodone! Instead my guy sold me oxy (op40) so now im stuck on how to do this! I dont think i can use the op40 to detox? What do you guys think'

It seems like everytime i try to make an effort in cleaning up i get somekind off setback

Lol yeah oxymorphone isn't going to work as well for your purposes. Are the opanas you have extended release? If so cut them into quarters and eighths if you still want to use them. Frankly I don't think it'll help the overall process, but it probably won't make it any worse either. Just be very conservative with them when you dose.

I would get temazepam over any of the other benzo type drugs. It is the best combination of hypnotic, and anticonvulsant, coupled with mild anxiolytic. They are hard to come by though on the street.

Did you mean oxycodone OP 40's. Just do the same thing that toothpastedog said and cut them up and slowly ween off....these long acting opiates may actually be better for your problem as they will keep most of your symptoms at bay for longer.

I will ask it again, do you have any plans setup on how to stay sober...or are you just trying to get through the detox first before you start figuring out long term sobriety?

I am currently on day 3 of no dope or anyhing. i have been using immodium ad and its helped i really wish i would of got some vicodin to help me more cuz some nights are hard but i still get threw it.all i can think about is one last hit but i wont. i cant let my family down like this...i need to change... today ill go to some na meetings and try to start

Well its been a while acouple detoxes here and there but im alive. right not my wife made me take vivitrol shot that is good for 30 days. im not you sure if you heard of this drug but it blocks al your opiod recepter so no matter how much just you slam in ther nothing happen,.,,,,and wow was it painfull.its like going threw withdrawals alla over again x10.....i feel like crap and the only letting be ok are benzosits hard to get benzo out here. anyway if you know any way to curve this drug that im stuck on please msg.

i miss my opiotes"

You probably should have waited a bit longer before getting the shot. There is no reason you shouls have experienced any discomfort from the shot if you were properly detoxed before hand.

Last edited by a moderator: