376px-4-HO-MET.svg.png

CAS# for freebase: 77872-41-4

Previous threads:

Subthreads:

External Links:

Excerpt from TIHKAL:

DOSAGE : 10 - 20 mg, orally

DURATION : 4 - 6 hrs

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS : (with 20 mg, orally) "Qualitatively a lot like psilocin. I started within the first half-hour, and at the max, I felt the same alteration of color and form, and times, sound was felt. As with psilocin, the experience was wave-like, with an alteration of effects between near-normal perception at one minute, only to be swept up in a swirl of altered concept the next minute.

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY : First, an apology for just a single entry in the comments section. This, and several other of these substituted hydroxy and methoxy tryptamines, had had earlier evaluations, but the notes are not at hand and cannot be used. Much will have to come back from memory, and there must be an appropriate fuzziness allowed for the concluded generalization as to dose and duration. With this particular compound, some of the original observations suggested that it was more potent than psilocin, certainly more dramatic. But at the bottom line, I doubt that this ethyl homologue, or the isopropyl homologue 4-HO-DIPT for that matter, could be distinguished from the methyl counterpart psilocin in any blind clinical study.

What's to choose between them? From the view-point of synthesis, the cost and availability of the secondary amine will certainly be a factor. Both methylethyl amine and methylisopropylamine are available, but are quite expensive. Dimethylamine, on the other hand, is dirt cheap but it is a recognized precursor to DMT and thus is difficult to find. In any events, the dimethyl compound is widely available in the mycological arena, and I suspect it would be simplest to stay with nature.

Recent topics from the previous thread are:

- The idea of combining 4-HO-MET with MDMA
- The stability of 4-HO-MET, also when compared to that of 4-AcO-MET

Last edited:
Just want to jump in here and say this is a delicious substance and has a good safety margin imho - I took 80mg one night - an extremely trippy night to remember. It seems to have gotten more difficult to buy with many places showing sold out :(.

I have just tried this substance for the first time last weekend. I liked it a lot, and was surprised by the potency of just 16-18 mg. and how similar to mushrooms it was, just a lot more clear-headed.
I love tryptamines and I think this one is at least as good as 4-aco-dmt or 4-ho-mipt.

Great substance, although compared to some other psys starts to bring out jaw clenching side effects at higher doses - have not tried magnesium to counter-act this.

Notably faster comeup for me of about 20 minutes, others report the same. This is also a fair bit more potent than psilocin or 4-aco-dmt (more common trypts which take about 8-10mg more for the same effects on visual level but with that comes headspace.).

15mg produces very faint visuals but a body high for the inexperienced to get used to the substance - great introductory psychedelic as I find it doesn't bring anything up to the surface (this may be different for those new to psys and I haven't yet had the chance to go above ~23mg.

20mg+ becomes more of a stronger trip, there is a noticeable shift in doses above this. Much stronger pronounced visuals.

I find 18-20mg perfect for weekdays if I want a short fairly recreational trip or to go on a long walk and chat.

Can't say I noticed any jaw clenching and I took 80mg over the course of about 5/6 hours. I was smoking cannabis too unless that softened it?

It may perhaps have been influenced by bad diet or vitamin/mineral deficiency? I don't know enough about the causes though. But I and some others have noticed minor jaw clenching (nothing like MDMA) on various dosages.

I have never pushed it anywhere near that high nuube, but was originally curious and put off slightly by the jaw clenching as I thought it would only increase with dosage similar to body load and other psychedelics. So definitely interesting to hear, would be interested to hear if anyone else got this side-effect as if not will definitely be preloading with some magnesium/vitamins and a good meal beforehand which I have not been doing in previous cases.

It may perhaps have been influenced by bad diet or vitamin/mineral deficiency? I don't know enough about the causes though. But I and some others have noticed minor jaw clenching (nothing like MDMA) on various dosages.

I have never pushed it anywhere near that high nuube, but was originally curious and put off slightly by the jaw clenching as I thought it would only increase with dosage similar to body load and other psychedelics. So definitely interesting to hear, would be interested to hear if anyone else got this side-effect as if not will definitely be preloading with some magnesium/vitamins and a good meal beforehand which I have not been doing in previous cases.

I started on 15mg and then bumped it by 15 then a couple of 20's can't say I noticed much of a body load but then again I was quite distracted :) I had read trip reports of people taking big doses, (up to 150mcg) and that it had a good safety profile so felt comfortable enough to push higher. I had my first try 1P-LSD (100mcg) last week and I was bloody FREEZING for the first few hours then roasting after, the cold really put me off going any higher so I get what you say. Always better to play it cautious when first trying a new chem.

Was a very interesting trip as I got in a cycle of laughing hysterically at all the joy that had been in my house then weeping for all the sorrow. Took more than a little effort to take me out of it, although I wish I had of stayed with it to see what would be brought up but I had kids and Mrs sleeping in the house and wouldn't have wanted them to come into the kitchen to see me sitting on the floor either weeping or laughing!!

Can anybody give a good comparison between 4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-MET? I've only tried 4-AcO-MET but it was one of my favorites, always left me curious to try 4-HO-MET to see if it's any better.

I've tried both, although there was a lot going on when I took 4-AcO-MET that makes my account less reliable. I'd say that the 4-AcO- if anything has a different kinetics profile. It may come up smoother or faster (slower for me it seems), and there may be energetic psychosomatic side-effects and leg-tremor type stuff more often with 4-AcO... But in the core I feel like the quality and action is pretty much the same. But the kinetics can play such a big role in onset and how fast it comes on, that it can totally change how you adapt to the side-effects or how overwhelmed you get being catapulted into the trip.

If 4-AcO-DMTs are a bit subtle, don't be fooled that they don't go every bit as deep. It's just that 4-HO's are known to feel relatively clean and come up quickly without complications. But that can cause an anxious come-up.

I would always go for 4-HO-MET, unless I had absolutely NO means to store it properly - then I'd get the more stable 4-AcO's preferably in fumarate form.

The thread title is brilliant haha

I allready have 100mg of 4-ho-met.

I want to introduce myself to this substance in 15 days.

So the question is, whats the best dose to start with to have light efects at home chillin on the computer? Less than 10mg?

We did about 25-30 mg Saturday of 4-HO-MET. I would definitely recommend a healthy meal maybe 2-3 hours prior to testing - I did not, then drank about 24 ounces of Orange Juice prior to the test....and was semi-nauseous and very indigestive for about 4 hours - my own fault. But- I did not realize my testing partner wanted to do it straight away instead of waiting til later in the day. The body load besides the digestion issues was minimal, with us both seeing some vaso-constriction throughout with chills/sweating alternating every half hour or so. The come up is incredibly fast, oral gel tabs swallowed with water and then 20 minutes into full blown OEV's and CEV's. Very nice and smooth trip = but beware you comeup and then you peak - and then it's a slow taper down for about 6-7 hours and then you fall alseep. Cannabis was welcomed and very nice for the visuals - and food towards the latter stages was delicious and needed. This compound is a +++ for us

The thread title is brilliant haha

I allready have 100mg of 4-ho-met.

I want to introduce myself to this substance in 15 days.

So the question is, whats the best dose to start with to have light efects at home chillin on the computer? Less than 10mg?

It depends, some people seem to be affected by it stronger than others. For me, I require a good bit of it, I'd take 15mg at minimum for light effects. I have heard someone on here talking about how they had a breakthrough, extremely intense experience on 15mg, or it might have been even less. I'd start low and work up. 10mg may be very weak, but you can always take more next time.

15-20mg had me tripping balls, looking over my shoulder worried that some sort of unnatural entity was pursuing/watching me. So yeah, be careful and start low, I never dose past 15mg now unless I have a tolerance. I found it most comfortable at 10-12mg while still retaining the desired trippy effects.

hahah woow

Im not lookig for unnatural entitys atm, but some day haha

maybe 8-10mg should be good.

Thanks for the advices!

As little as 5-6mg can give you a nice relaxed day. This is not considered tripping by most but it's not like nothing's happening either.

My fav dose is 15-20mg (used to be 25mg but I'm getting older :p )

About the entities: I know the feeling people are talking about. Thing is for me, the entity comes accross as Jesus, always encouraging to do my best in life and to love myself.
Unlike many others on this board who find 4HoMET superficial and recreational, for me it is a true soul-cleanser. With some very nice recreative properties ;).

Last edited:
Whenever I turn people on to this one I dose them 18-25mg

Never once had someone come away under or overwhelmed at that range

For me 20mg is a nice starting dose which can always be augmented after a bit when you see how you are tolerating it.

Last edited:
Can anybody give a good comparison between 4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-MET? I've only tried 4-AcO-MET but it was one of my favorites, always left me curious to try 4-HO-MET to see if it's any better.

Imo 4-HO-MET>4-AcO-MET by a good margin.

I've done way too much 4-AcO in the past year because my vendor sent me like 4-5 grams when I ordered 500 mg. Me and my friends noticed 4-AcO did have these unbelievably euphoric sensations that would start out in the thighs. What I really disliked about it was how stoned I felt on it, I just felt out of control, and I don't look for that on a recreational psych. I could hardly ever completely let go and enjoy it. It can definitely twist up your mind though - on 36 mg w/ tolerance I completely forgot my name and who I was for awhile. The next few days I was basically ego-less, I should've looked at this as a good thing but at the time I just felt helpless.

As for 4-HO, it's more potent and really clear-headed. A couple weeks ago I was just gone on MXE and eyeballed some. It must have been a lot because I drifted in and out of reality for hours, completely forgot I had taken the trypt, and was convinced it was morning at nighttime. Fun stuff though, I might take some by itself soon.

I think i miss read the dose for this one and I snorted 40. Can someone be straight up and tell me what is going to happen so I can prepare

You're going to trip hard... but probably not insanely hard. 4-substituted tryptamines often don't get the same level of potency increase that things like phenethylamines do when snorted, and sometimes they don't even really kick in any faster. 4-HO-MET is extremely easygoing to most as well, so aside from intense hallucinations it probably won't be too bad. Just make sure you're in a safe and comfortable environment as always. How are you doing now?