• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium for Xanax WD/Detoxing?

Edaw'Naflagn

Bluelighter
I have about 25 10mg Valium pills and I'm starting detoxing off of 1mg of Xanax a day for at least a year and more than a half. I know 10mg is = to .5 of Xanax; but, I'll be doing 20mg if you've been reading what I typed before haha. Back to the real deal shit; should I be alright if I take 20mg of Valium every day till I reach 15 pills left, then start to take only 10mg every day once a day? I don't have ANY Xanax, but I CAN get them if that's preferred/needed. So what's everyone's suggestions? Any will help.

The conversion ratio for the top 4 benzodiazepines is unfortunately fixed. Everyone reacts differently to Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, & Ativan. What we do know is that the two most difficult of these benzodiazepines to stop are the short acting ones, such as Xanax, and Ativan. The longer a drugs half life is, meaning after you no longer feel the drug to when the drug depletes out of your system is the drugs half life. Clonazepam has a decent medium to long half life. Valium (Diazepam) is the one benzodiazepine that has the longest half life, meaning it is the easiest to withdrawal off from.

Everyone is different. You are certainly going into the right direction. However, in my opinion you will need more of the Valium once it Is gone depending on your tolerance, which seems to be high considering your talks about Xanax. There is a guide called the Ashton Manual, which is exclusively handed out and followed in the U.K. It is difficult to be prescribed benzodiazepines in the U.K. and any benzodiazepine you are on will be switched to Diazepam to slowly taper you down. The key is to do this slowly, going down 5mg per 4 weeks. If you cannot handle it, you can stabilize and wait to go down again. However, never go back up because you will lose all of your progress that you just accomplished.

If you go to a doctor and ask for help in benzodiazepine withdrawal you should find a doctor willing and able to help you. America has deemed Clonazepam (Klonopin) as the go to medication to detoxify. However, Valium has a strength of 10mg, 5mg, and 2mg, the perfect dosages to detox from and it has a longer half life. Whichever one you so choose or your doctor chooses, do so as soon as possible.

I've been on benzodiazepines for over a decade. I only take them now to avoid a panic attack and I only take them because I need to, not because I want to. It attacks your GABA acid in your brain, the chemical that allows you to feel calm and relaxed. After years of doing this medication you will start to lose your ability to regain GABA on your own and it can take over a year for your body to start producing the doses it use to before you started Xanax or any benzodiazepine. I wish you luck!

The conversion ratio for the top 4 benzodiazepines is unfortunately fixed. Everyone reacts differently to Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, & Ativan. What we do know is that the two most difficult of these benzodiazepines to stop are the short acting ones, such as Xanax, and Ativan. The longer a drugs half life is, meaning after you no longer feel the drug to when the drug depletes out of your system is the drugs half life. Clonazepam has a decent medium to long half life. Valium (Diazepam) is the one benzodiazepine that has the longest half life, meaning it is the easiest to withdrawal off from.

Everyone is different. You are certainly going into the right direction. However, in my opinion you will need more of the Valium once it Is gone depending on your tolerance, which seems to be high considering your talks about Xanax. There is a guide called the Ashton Manual, which is exclusively handed out and followed in the U.K. It is difficult to be prescribed benzodiazepines in the U.K. and any benzodiazepine you are on will be switched to Diazepam to slowly taper you down. The key is to do this slowly, going down 5mg per 4 weeks. If you cannot handle it, you can stabilize and wait to go down again. However, never go back up because you will lose all of your progress that you just accomplished.

If you go to a doctor and ask for help in benzodiazepine withdrawal you should find a doctor willing and able to help you. America has deemed Clonazepam (Klonopin) as the go to medication to detoxify. However, Valium has a strength of 10mg, 5mg, and 2mg, the perfect dosages to detox from and it has a longer half life. Whichever one you so choose or your doctor chooses, do so as soon as possible.

I've been on benzodiazepines for over a decade. I only take them now to avoid a panic attack and I only take them because I need to, not because I want to. It attacks your GABA acid in your brain, the chemical that allows you to feel calm and relaxed. After years of doing this medication you will start to lose your ability to regain GABA on your own and it can take over a year for your body to start producing the doses it use to before you started Xanax or any benzodiazepine. I wish you luck!
Valium seems to work best with me for some reasoning and kills my extreme social anxiety issues, & I don't need to take it everyday since I actually started the detox yesterday instead of today. I'm already feeling normal and the world it's self has visually changed to me in a good way; I also seem to have less of a delusional mind set towards random normal people who really aren't fucking with me :) so I feel this will GREATLY HELP ME! Thanks for your post, it has helped me out a lot.

I'm getting low on Valuim and not sure when and if I can't get it again due to doctors here in America don't like it due to overdoses in people who are prescribed opiate pain killers with Valium for joint or muscle problems as well as bone problems too. In my case I don't take pain meds so is feel like id be able to get Valium again or Kpin's. I have two 1mg kpins left and 6 10mg Valuim in which I've been taking my Valium 20mg a day evey day and didn't really need xanax at all. I also have 6 15mg temazepam for sleep but I'm sure I can use that, my kpin, and the first before I run out, Valium. So once I run out of Valuim should I take the kpins 1-2 times a day? Should I break them into .5's or keep them full 1mg pills? I think I should use that if needed and use my temazepam once my Valuim runs out then go to kpins and maybe then cut them in half. In a day or so I should be getting my .5 1 tablet twice a day 3 times if needed [30 day supply with 2 refills left] and I could start to use that last or save a few of the Valuims and just take the temazepam 2 times a day & if needed my xanax to save my kpins/Valuims so I can take one or both if needed and then use xanax but taper down to 0.25. I then could easily just stop at 0.25 mg due to me doing it before; I only had slight aniexty no major problems like sezuires or convulsions, so I feel like this plan I made should work out 80% to 100% if I'm lucky :) which I hope I am.

Also last night I tested an Idea I had been thinking about just to see how far my tollerence has dropped and I took 3mg of kpins and felt very, very mellow and slight bouncy which I haven't felt IN YEARS. So I feel like my tolerence has already dropped down significantly; but, I'm not abusing them, I just want to test to see and won't be abusing my meds so I can fully detox off xanax and benzo's in general but more so xanax due to it's short acting half-life. I've made a nice progressive start- I'm 12 days clean of using xanax, while substituting only Valium and if needed Temazepam [Temazepam 15mg capsules] for sleep. I'm going to list the two benzo's I get easily prescribed and have many refills on both, and both are 30 day supplies. Those two are Temazepam 15mg, & of course, Xanax .5mg 1 tablet twice a day 3 time if needed. Like I said before I'll be getting my xanax today or tomorrow and I'm not tempted to use them unless I REALLY NEED TOO; but I will be adding Valium or kpins to it but the xanax I'll try at a lower mg to see if I can do that but with kpins or Valuim I'm going to save.