• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Myer Briggs Personality Test

-=SS=-

Bluelighter
So I got thinking after the other thread on psychopathy and thought that it might be interesting to make a thread where BL users can take the Myer Briggs test, and share whether they think the test is an accurate representation of who they currently are personality wise.

You can take the test here http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test. Takes 5-10 minutes, just a series of questions you answer from very strong to very weak, and it will tell you which one of 16 personality types you belong to according to the Myer Briggs test.

===

I took the test twice on two different websites and got the same result.. I did the test couple of years ago in a class but I couldn't find my result anywhere, though I think it was the same as I got today.

INFJ:

"INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all."

Definitely resonate with what it says about the personality type. But then is this a bit like horoscopes where you always get a certain level of congruence no matter what?

How accurate is the result in matching up to who you are?

I'm somewhere in-between INFP and ENFP; i've done this test multiple times and every-time it shows up as one of these two. I don't think i'm either one specifically but probably somewhere in the middle.

EDIT:

I just did the test again for certainty, scored 10% Extroverted the first time then 15% Introverted the second time.. so i'm definitely in-between the two.

Last edited:
Adventurer (ISFP-T)

23% Introverted
15% Observant
17% Feeling
7% Prospecting
68% Turbulent... HA!

Interesting, I hardly think of myself as an adventurer tho. If anything I'm more of a homebody. I'm not familiar at all with this type of test tho and have no idea what ISPF-T means.

Im an INFP and it is pretty much dead on accurate in describing my personality

INFP-T

I seem to recall I got INFP on a previous implementation of the myers brigs test on a different site too.

So that's twice for two different versions of the test.

Edit: Right, http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
That's the one I've done previously, I just did it again, INFP again.

Last edited:
Definitely resonate with what it says about the personality type. But then is this a bit like horoscopes where you always get a certain level of congruence no matter what?

I was thinking that while I was reading mine...
Apparently I'm an ENFP. Not sure how I feel about some of it. It says I'm popular, but I'm definitely not popular anymore.

INTP-T. "The Logician"

Sounds good, especially the weaknesses. I liked this version of the test better than the ones I've taken with either/or questions.

Last edited:
ENFP-T - "The campaigner"

Extroverted - 19 %
Intuitive - 47 %
Feeling - 17 %
Prospecting - 27 %
Turbulent - 46 %

Feel like I could be INFP as well. Sometimes not very extroverted. I took a different version in high school and was INTP. Things change I guess.

ENFP-The Campaigner

Extroverted 57%

Intuitive 45%

Feeling 64%

Prospecting 63%

Assertive 46%

Like you, jammin, I was wondering how differently I would have scored at different ages. Much of how I answered now would not have been true at all earlier in life. What does this say about something presumed to be so intrinsic as "personality"? While most of the traits I would say I have carried through from childhood, the confidence and extroversion are definitely new to my life with age.

I'm like that too, as I've gotten older I've become decidedly extroverted most of the time, whereas I used to be very introverted. It had a lot to do with lack of confidence I think. I got picked on a lot as a kid.

It's important to realize that the various online "MBTI tests" aren't the real test, just someone's approximation of it. I've taken several, gotten different results, none of which really feel like me. Haven't taken the legitimate one and don't have a lot of interest in doing so, I'm not really convinced of it's utility; also, it's been put to questionable uses in the past.

An interesting piece, recently published on the MBTI and some of the cultishness surrounding it. I don't agree with all of the conclusions the author takes here especially when veering into identity politics, but alot of what's there is illuminating.

Apparently, I am a logician. Hmm.

I did one of these in a formal setting when I was but a boy. Then, and any other time I did it, I was informed that I was an extroverted-introvert or something. Whatever that means.

I don't really accept that these things actually mean anything. But, I do tend to be introverted in the sense that I can happuly be content by myself, but I do not feel especially shy or retiring when in a group. I don't tend to wish to hang out in groups of more then 2-3 people though.

Thank you for completing our personality test - here is a copy of your results:

Your personality type: “The Campaigner” (ENFP-T)

Strength of individual traits: Extraverted: 16%, Intuitive: 72%, Feeling: 19%, Prospecting: 60%, Turbulent: 18%.
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Social Engagement

ENFPs enjoy both small talk and deep, meaningful conversations, which are just two sides of the same coin for them, and are adept at steering conversations towards their desired subjects in ways that feel completely natural and unforced.

Last edited:
Dude, INFJs for the win! We're the rarest type! I had a boss once make me take this test. He still does with all of his new interns. He's such a character. He was so excited to finally meet an INFJ, though, because he'd never worked with one before. He read me a description afterward about the INFJ personality and it was unesttlingly accurate. I felt kind of exposed 8(.

OT, but it took till October 2014 for someone to register Someone Who Is Me as a Bluelight nick? That surprises me, but I heartily approve of your choice.