Bluelight

Thread: Is Kratom becoming too popular?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

No, it is already scheduled as a narcotic, like anything psychoactive. There is a blanket ban.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sekio View Post
    Sorry, Myco, you're lying to yourself here... technically speaking if you have withdrawals upon discontnuation (esp. if they are aleviated with more opioids), then yeah, you are physically dependant. Just something to think about: opioid withdrawal/dependency doesn't mean you MUST be an immobilized, puking mess. There is a wide range of possible symptoms, but as long as you have some of them, you're dependent on opioids. Remind yourself often to keep your doses and frequency in check, give yourselves frequent tolerance breaks, and generally Keep It Real: it is way too easy for most people to find themelves justifying new spans of drug usage trying to get the last bit of dopamine out of the experience...

And to anyone worrying about kratom being on the DEA's Not-Illegal-Yet-But-We-Could-Make-It-Illegal-If-You-Guys-Would-Like list: it's been there for 5 years or more, so I hardly think they are goin gto make it illegal overnight. They have known about kratom for quite some time and I guess it's just too much of a hassle to police it like heroin for a drug used by a rather small segment of the population.
    Ok, technically speaking, if you want to consider the most MINOR fatigue and sniffles "physical dependency" you can and I suppose they are, but they've been easy to deal with WITHOUT redosing, so my point is it was never on the level of someone who NEEDS to redose in order to stave off withdrawals keeping them from abstaining from long periods of time (or long enough that the WDs end by themselves WITHOUT redosing) and forcing them into the role of the user who HAS to dose on a daily or bi daily frequency and that in general is MY definition of the kind of "physical dependency" I PERSONALLY am concerned with, even if it is not admitedly the standard one.

For now though, I am in the green:

I went through with my plan of just finishing up the rest of my Kratom without any horrible SERIOUS dependency, and now for monetary and other reasons will not be purchasing more for AT LEAST 3 months until after Christmas at which point I probably will.

By that point I'd ASSUME my tolerance will be MUCH lower and I'll certainly not have a shred of physical dependence and can try a second time to keep my tolerance to a lower more reasonable number of grams per dose (not sure what it will be yet).

But overall, my posts about my concerns or physical dependency were at weakened moments making them sound MUCH worse than they ever were.

Overall, still with continued usage of Kratom for about a year and a half now, and even despite having difficulties managing tolerance, I've found Kratom is MOSTLY a drug I CAN engage in even if it occassionally means having to bear it through some MINOR unpleasant symptoms.

Thus, I'm personally satisfied with my level of control over my usage, and not afraid to use it in the future after a long and much needed break.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ninae View Post
    No, it is already scheduled as a narcotic, like anything psychoactive. There is a blanket ban.
    What??

Where?

4. Collapse Details

Just for the record I am completely dependent on kratom, but that is not a bad thing , because ME ME ME ME ME quit a 4&1/2 year habit of shooting heroin since January 6th, 2014. I couldn't have possibly done it without it. I am slowly tapering down off of it now.
    Last edited by Felonious Monk; 15-10-2015 at 20:14.

5. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Mycophile;13280603]
    What is a blanket ban

6. Collapse Details

Sorry what is Blanket ban

7. Collapse Details

A blanket ban is making the product, and all of its bi-products illegal at once....IE:the analogue act.

Its impossible to stop a plant though. Because the precursors to create it are sunshine and water. The harvest of kratom also doesn't kill the tree. It is similar to harvesting coffee in the respect that where you harvest it, it grows denser.

8. Collapse Details

By a blanket ban I meant anything really psychoactive apart from alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine. That's how that works. It's a clean sweep.

9. Collapse Details

That would be a shame to see Kratom disappear, it's far from dangerous IME. I can see how Big Pharma would throw a fit because those that used to be hooked on their scripts can now use something natural, safer, an cheaper for the pain maintenance. Not to mention it allows many opioid dependent individuals to taper down and get off opioids.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aerne210 View Post
    Just for the record I am completely dependent on kratom, but that is not a bad thing , because my dog I quit a 4&1/2 year habit of shooting heroin since January 6th, 2014. I couldn't have possibly done it without it. I am slowly tapering down off of it now.
    Welcome to Bluelight. Fixed the above for you. Please read the rules which are linked at the top of the screen. SWIM/dog/mouse in my pocket is not cute, won't help you, and is just annoying to read, and the above is just a mess.

11. Collapse Details

I don't think it's becoming "too" popular, as the actual amount of people who use it (or even know what it is) is still fairly small. I certainly don't like it when the news gets a hold of it and makes it into some big designer drug problem or whatever.

I realllllllllly hope it doesn't become illegal any more than it already is. That would majorly suck for me, and I might end up in more of an "illegal drug scene" than I am now in lieu of it.

12. Collapse Details

I have read about growing the actual trees themselves. It takes a while, and is hard, but I am an avid gardener and would love the challenge. I live in florida so the climate would be nearly ideal.

What happened with pot when it was illegal? People just kept right on growing it. That is what I think will happen with kratom. You cannot stop a plant.

13. Collapse Details

Science & Technology
    Drug Culture
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    Quote Originally Posted by manboychef View Post
    I have read about growing the actual trees themselves. It takes a while, and is hard, but I am an avid gardener and would love the challenge. I live in florida so the climate would be nearly ideal.

What happened with pot when it was illegal? People just kept right on growing it. That is what I think will happen with kratom. You cannot stop a plant.
    Wikipedia says that trees grown elsewhere than Southeast Asia tend to have low or non-existent alkaloid content. I haven't bothered to check the source on that, but it doesn't sound promising.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    By a blanket ban I meant anything really psychoactive apart from alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine. That's how that works. It's a clean sweep.
    What country do you live in? That's not "how that works" in any NATO-type country I've heard of. In fact, many of them seem to have less restrictions than the United States, or maybe just less political will to enforce.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aerne210 View Post
    Just for the record I am completely dependent on kratom, but that is not a bad thing , because ME ME ME ME ME quit a 4&1/2 year habit of shooting heroin since January 6th, 2014. I couldn't have possibly done it without it. I am slowly tapering down off of it now.
    Congrats an good luck on the taper

16. Collapse Details

I will have to fool around with a couple trees and see if I can get them to work. I think I could probably make extremely ideal climate for them with a combination of good compost/soil, proper watering schedule and greenhousing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12