• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

'the Clear'

clubcard

Bluelighter
I don't know how many of you remember BALCO and the 'undetectable' steroid THG (tetrahydrogestinone) but a decade later, the whole Turkish wrestling team were banned from the Olympic Games for having R1880 'metribolone', a VERY (1 methylene less) in their systems. Now, BALCO was formed by a bunch of chancers and the 'lab' was an employees kitchen! It's THAT simple. Now, many people on the bodybuilding site have moaned that neither are not much good. Now, the former drug was SIMPLE to make but the VERY close analogue appears to have NO obvious precursors - I think that either someone did a LOT of chemistry to make it OR.

Now, the guys on the bodybuildins site say neither are in any way special but while the first was made by guile, the latter was produced as the CLOSEST analogue but in this case, synthesis is NOT easy - it's nation/state complex,

Firstly, they get no CoA, NMR or GC-MS so who KNOWS what they are putting into their bodies. They also said it was very expensive.

This is worrying - on that whole scene people are the least informed about drugs and needle-sharing is HIGHER than H users with 'it's only going into muscle' being a common reaction.

As you may have guessed, it's worrying me. I wouldn't even know WHERE to get a sample but once I had some, I (or all you guys doing your degree, PhD or Doctorate) will have access to the appropriate equipment and I can get NMR work done by a friend of Lifeline.

Is anyone here more clued up on what the scene is?

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

OH, I posted there to begin with but they haven't a clue. I even posted some HR stuff off Micheal Linnell's site and they weren't interested but hand on heart - some really believe that a syringe going into the muscle is NOT like junkies shooting up so the admin just threw it away.

Yep, it's amazing that I found a story in 'Salt Lake City News' about Danial K. Highsmith and posted it IN 2003 and since then it's been copied 1000 times. Oddly, I talked to a German who had a great story of a chemist with no hands (something blew op). He still got his masters BUT nobody would employ him so he made etonitazene in Moscow. It killed 5 or 6 people while testing and discovered that you soaked a piece of string into the freebase solution (methanol solvent) and poked the string into cigarettes. Another 20-minute high drug. Is it me, or are MOST high-potency opioids so short lasting? What the hell are the addicts going to do when they end up with a '20-minute' habit? To me, it's a form of slow suicide.

Last edited:
Yep - I've mentioned that ALL potent opioids have 2 aromatics and I'm working on a new training set so I need 20 examples of potent opioids to see if that second opioid uncovers a second lipophilic site. Thus far, only 1 aromatic is accounted for.

great story of a chemist with no hands (something blew op). He still got his masters BUT nobody would employ him

I did my "alternative to prison" WA state "DOSA" inpatient treatment time with a very smart, older, chemist who was missing a few fingers, with the rest, burned. He could raddle off a formula like he was reciting the alphabet. Had that nutty-professor vibe.

the latter was produced as the CLOSEST analogue but in this case, synthesis is NOT easy - it's nation/state complex,

i wouldn't think so, steroid chemistry is compartatively easy, one can imagine an analogous synthesis from trenbolone in ~2 steps...

Yep - I've mentioned that ALL potent opioids have 2 aromatics and I'm working on a new training set so I need 20 examples of potent opioids to see if that second opioid uncovers a second lipophilic site. Thus far, only 1 aromatic is accounted for.
The existence of a second lipophilic site in the mu receptor has been known for a number of years. Is this the same site you are talking about:

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jm9903702

There was another docking study published a few years ago that showed the p-ethoxybenzyl group in etonitazene interacts with the same lipophilic pocket in the mu receptor that binds the N-phenylethyl groups in fentanyl and in potent opiates like N-phenethylnormorphine.

Last edited:
I don't know how many of you remember BALCO and the 'undetectable' steroid THG (tetrahydrogestinone) but a decade later, the whole Turkish wrestling team were banned from the Olympic Games for having R1880 'metribolone', a VERY (1 methylene less) in their systems. Now, BALCO was formed by a bunch of chancers and the 'lab' was an employees kitchen! It's THAT simple. Now, many people on the bodybuilding site have moaned that neither are not much good. Now, the former drug was SIMPLE to make but the VERY close analogue appears to have NO obvious precursors - I think that either someone did a LOT of chemistry to make it OR.

Now, the guys on the bodybuildins site say neither are in any way special but while the first was made by guile...

Patrick Arnold, in a certain way, steroid community's very own Sasha Shulgin...

But yeah the scene now post BALCO for weird analogs prohomones nootropics is way dodgier....

i wouldn't think so, steroid chemistry is compartatively easy, one can imagine an analogous synthesis from trenbolone in ~2 steps...

We did effectively make this point. OP's posts seem to have more to do with a desire to procure than any fathomable kind of HR.

The bodybuilding (as well as parts of the nootropics, with recent developments) scene is somewhat disturbing, yeah.. they are doing higher physical risks than most of us (semi- about me, not yours :)) educated researchers, and the governments are much less after them.. Not that I'd support any prohibition, just let the people do what the hell ever they want, we're in 21 century.. but injecting.. needle sharing.. unknown compounds that are suspected to be carcinogenic, cause hormonal shutdown, thrombosis and whatnot.. well, uh. Maybe the side effect of too much androgens ;D

Maybe you'll get more responses in the Performance Enhancing Drugs section about this topic?

Higher physical risks? Needle sharing? I don't think so!! Where did you determine this to be in any way accurate?

Anonymous questionnaires at most of the big gyms in Manchester. The problem is also silence. If you WANT the steroid but their is only a used pin, people convince themselves that 'it's only going into muscle' which became the heading of a poster campaign. You see someone looking SO buff then people cannot imagine the person as being infected. Take a look at Linnell Publications who used to be part of Lifeline.

There is no urgency to inject a steroid. It's not like someone with an addiction that needs fulfilling immediately. Therefore it gives you ample opportunity to pick up free needles or buy from the numerous websites that are commonly used. While I'm not denying it may occur on the margins amongst very poorly informed first time users, it's in no way a habitual problem and certainly not endemic to the community.

It was because of the ignorance. MANY of the people really did think that IM injection was safe between users. I'm not inventing this - take a look at Lifeline (now Linnell design) and see how many booklets? Well, they printed up 3000 and had to reorder. I'm not disputing what you say, CFC, I'm just saying it's a surprisingly high number of users knew hardly anything.

From what the text in your forum, people were saying THG & M1881 were nothing special but the fact that top stars were using it made it such a household name. Who knows WHAT is in the sterouds you buy. If just 1 supplier gave GC-MS & NMR to samples, I think it would get much more traffic because of the net, people like Seiko can check the data for you.

I know it's not a non-existent problem and I do agree with you that far. But having worked IRL with some major drug clinics in London where steroid users come in for needles and advice, and having helped provide some of the feedback for UK parliament on the issue via these clinics, I know it's extremely marginal. Most meatheads are comparatively well informed and make use of the clinics predominantly because they are cheapskates and can get free syringes swabs and needles.

As for testing, I already told you about Labmax tests which are widely utilised; we also had (until recently) professional testing services in Wales (UK) for free. Your interest in THG seems tangentially related to any HR concern though, particularly as it's barely used by bodybuilders. And were it a wonder drug as you seem to think, believe me there would be no reticence in use, it would be well and truly established on the black market by now.