• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos benzo tolerance as high as 50mg xanax or kpin

bmhgfy

Greenlighter
I have been using benzos for about 3 years now on and off, i was wondering about tolerance issue. I usually take about 20mg or 10 bars or 30mg of kpins to get a decent effect, the i dont feel anything at the 15mg range, i know you guys are gonna think im crazy and lieing but unfortunatly im not. I have taking doses as high as 75mg i know its crazy but my tolerance has gotten so out of control. I have 2 questions

first is will i ever get tolerance back to normal with a 6 month or so break im sure my gaba recepters are shot?
second does benzo tolerance effect etizolam could i try and get a decent buzz?

thanks in advance!

Welcome to Blue Light! :)

People are different and the reactions are never really the same, but I do believe the tolerance levels go down after some time, however, I don't think it ever goes back to what it was on your first time. Even if you wait 6+ months - IMO.

As Etizolam is a benzodiazepine analog I believe your tolerance will affect it.

Hope to see you around!

Erik

yeah, taking a long break will reduce your tolerance near baseline. Had a 3mo stretch where I had to remain clean (read: jail) and when I got out, I did 8mg dilaudid. Made me sick, whereas before, 8mg would have been an disappointment.

etiziolam is a benzo so Im sure you'd be markedly cross-tolerant to it as well.

Also note that your tolerance may not be that high, you may be like I was, and reached a ceiling effect. I have done as much as 64mg dilly in one shot, but barely felt it over what 12mg would have done. 4 bars of xanax used to get me SPUN, but I doubt 30 of them would have gotten me 7.5x as spun, ya dig?

Welcome, new OP. I'll be nice. That is a stupid tolerance and stupid dosages for benzodiazepines. Erikmen is unfortunately totally correct. There is some point of tolerance going down, but more in the way of, you will eventually be able to feel a much closer to commonly prescribed dosage of benzodiazepines. If and when you ever get to a more realistic dosage range, you might be able to take a normal dose, if you take it exactly as prescribed,however the second you start partying or otherwise abusing benzodiazepines( hopefully you will not) your tolerance will go straight up and most likely recovery will be blown.
I have been scripted benzodiazepines for a decade.

Welcome. Stick around and learn better habits.

Op I was gonna totally call you on your bullshit but I looked up and seen people have taken as high as 2000mgs of xannax with only minor toxicity(wtf). I take 1 mg and I want to sleep and I thought I had a high tolerance for drugs(used to slam 40-50 stamped wax bags of heroin daily) but couldn't imagine taking a 30th of the dose you take. I know benzos were created partially as a safer alternative to barbs but didn't realize overdose was so difficult(unless poly drug abuse). I still don't like them but good luck to you and hope you get well.I'd imagine once you are doing that many there isn't much of a thrill anymore so it's time to get help and stop!

when I withdrew from benzo I had seizures; be careful, man. and yes, that is a killer benzo tolerance. and those Etizolam wont do shit w/ your tolerance the way it is; would be a complete waste to even attempt. you gotta be careful, man. you need help to even get off those or attempt to knock down that dose.

If you plan on detoxing, go to either your GP, a hospital, or a detox/psych ward. At those dosages your withdrawal more than likely will be fatal.

As far as tolerance goes, benzos really only work well if you need them. If you have anxiety, sleeping problems, panic problems, social phobia problems, then they are a godsend. Unfortunately, as my doctor told me, if I abuse them, they lose the ability to help me with the problems I am prescribed them for, because they lose their effect. You may never get the same feeling you had on benzos and I would suggest detoxing so that if somewhere down the line you need them to function in life they will actually work.

Yes it does go away. I'm pretty sure the complete withdrawal from a benzo is 1 month (both from your urine and the effects it had produced in your brain). The month period is for your brain to re-adjust to be being back to normal with any trace amounts of effects from the benzo to be gone. The increased GABAA inhibition caused by benzodiazepines is counteracted by the body's development of tolerance to the drug's effects; the development of tolerance occurs as a result of neuroadaptations, which result in decreased GABA inhibition and increased excitability of the glutamate system; these adaptations occur as a result of the body trying to overcome the central nervous system depressant effects of the drug to restore homeostasis. When benzodiazepines are stopped, these neuroadaptations are "unmasked" leading to hyper-excitability of the nervous system and the appearance of withdrawal symptoms.

Dang I don't envy you, what happens when you run out. Is it your number 1 feaar, If my benzo tol was like yours it would be my number one fear.

Dude I've got to ask why your dosing this much? That's honestly rideculous. I don't think benzos are for you. And at some point you'll be back to baseline. Give it a month or 2.

Or just never go back....

Dang I don't envy you, what happens when you run out. Is it your number 1 feaar, If my benzo tol was like yours it would be my number one fear.
Yeah shit never thought about that,that's one expensive ass benzo habit! Need to be selling or robbing to afford that shit!

Forget the cost, how are you even sourcing that many benzos ( DONT ACTUALLY TELL ME, STICK TO THE RULES) most people I know selling them get a couple hundred every couple of weeks and sell out in a day or two.

I thought I had it bad going to 20 odd pharmacys a day.

Hi dude
I also have a massive tolerance to all benzodiazepines pharm and rc
Pretty much tried em all stongest was clonazepam/flubromazepam or flunitrazapam.
In answer to your first question no unfortunately your tolerance will not lower in that amount of time it never lowers ever for opiates.
Etizolam tolerance build to quickly so I dunno what to say about that

Last edited:
In answer to your first question no unfortunately your tolerance will not lower in that amount of time it never lowers ever for opiates.
Etizolam tolerance build to quickly so I dunno what to say about that
Where does he mention opiates?