• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Conversations while stoned

Germinator

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelighters,

whenever I get stoned, especially on an indica, I can't hold conversations very well. I misinterpret what people are saying to me and understand something completely different. Sometimes i have to ask like 3 times if they can repeat what they just said after I understand it.

Anybody else get this?

Well... I tend to close myself and ignore whatever is said to me.
Weed affects different people in different ways.

Weed makes me more introverted than usual although I'm pretty outgoing. Most "conversations" I try to hold/initiate while high make no sense at all, and everyone else stares off into space and giggles at me. Lol.

I get this pretty bad with indica mostly. It's like it makes me lazy to the point that I don't even want to try communicating, I just wanna sit down and be stoned lmao. I'm with friends or something I don't really care if I make sense/talk a lot or not, I think it's pretty funny actually.

At work is another story, my manager told me something to which I responded "yeah got it...wait what did you say?" and I just got a weird look back.

I actually find that (dependant on my overall mood ) i hold conversations better while high.

It's normal. Weed sometimes makes it obvious how fallible and incomplete human speech can be.

That's why when I used to smoke, if it was an Indica, i'd simply smoke enough to reduce myself to hand gestures and grunts.

Conducive to good conversation? No. A good way to pass a couple hours watching a good movie or show? Yeah. :D

totally normal for me. Weed is for me is a turn off time high. I talk and listen all day in my job, so when i smoke i don't wanna have to make light conversations about nothing. I enjoy peoples company, i enjoy a deep conversation with friends if possible when on it as long as i know them and feel relaxed. Social drug hell no if its going to a party i steer well clear as i just turn into the village idiot. Phone rings I don't answer as its me time.

I'm guessing that there's likely a difference between those who use it for medical purposes daily and those who use it recreationally.
I'm quite comfortable with holding conversations while high but I am also used to how it makes me feel on a daily basis. I use it as a mood lifter/stabilizer. If I'm exceptionally high, I might laugh a lot and talk slower and more hushed but I still hold my thoughts together. The guaranteed exception is if the other person is also high and too much shenanigans is happening from both of us haha. I guess it depends on the situation. If they can be srsly srs, then I can be srsly srs. Srsly.

:|

Alcohol + weed though makes me forget stuff

My tolerance is pretty substantial so I'd have to get really, really stoned before it would impair my abilities to do something as simple as hold a conversation.

Holding a conversation via text message while stoned, however...that I've never quite mastered lol

My tolerance is pretty substantial so I'd have to get really, really stoned before it would impair my abilities to do something as simple as hold a conversation.

This. I can do anything high with the same ability as when I'm sober. Factor in any other drugs however, and that can definitely change.

A lot of people would argue that the same concept applies for driving or other cognitive tasks. If you're a daily user and know how mj affects you, you'll likely be fine and function equally, but someone who is less experienced may falter or become distracted more easily.

Smoking makes me more sociable and outgoing, unless im really stoned and talking to someone I don't know very well then I experience things similar to what you mentioned OP

Has anyone else had a train wreck with words while talking? After smoking a good bit I'll be talking and then my sentence turns into garbled incoherent nonsense, lol. I have schizo though so maybe that has something to do with it.

Has anyone else had a train wreck with words while talking? After smoking a good bit I'll be talking and then my sentence turns into garbled incoherent nonsense, lol. I have schizo though so maybe that has something to do with it.
I think a fair number of people run I to this; sometimes even when stone cold sober. My ex.. she babble and destroys her sentences so frequently that I just know how to decipher other people's jibberish sometimes. It's uncanny how often people will garbled their words and I'll know exactly what they're trying to say.
My ex doesn't use drugs or drink.

It's normal. Weed sometimes makes it obvious how fallible and incomplete human speech can be.

That's why when I used to smoke, if it was an Indica, i'd simply smoke enough to reduce myself to hand gestures and grunts.

Conducive to good conversation? No. A good way to pass a couple hours watching a good movie or show? Yeah. :D
Cannabis also makes everything hilarious even things that normal people or people who are completely sober would not find hilarious or that would make them laugh.

My friend and I used to kind of "switch". Sober, he'd be kind of quiet and reserved and I'd be charismatic and loquacious. After toking, we'd trade. It was a funny dynamic.