Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Vyvanse 60mg - Moderate experience - Using Trypsin to Convert Lisdexamphetamine

HeadHigh

Bluelighter
Hey, I'm new to Bluelight so I'd love some feedback on this report as this is my first on this forum.

My friend Joe had heard on another forum that one can bypass the "extended release" portion of vyvanse by cleaving the l-lysine portion of the molecule off with an enzyme supplement containing Trypsin. So he went to a vitamin shoppe earlier this morning and got one of these supplements to test this theory out.

Joe has used both adderall (dextroamphetamine and other amphetamine salts) at doses between 20 and 40mg IR and vyvanse at doses between 30 and 60mg before, and he's hoping for a more euphoric high, like that of adderall.

He told me that two of the enzyme supplements' capsules were emptied into hot water along with 60mgs of vyvanse. This solution was stirred for approximately 10 minutes and then consumed.
This is his timeline.

10:00am - Solution consumed

10:20am - The first effects are started as he feels a slight pressure in his skull and a slight sense of stimulation

10:35am - Still feeling the same as before, not sure if he is climbing or plateauing already (He did eat because he knew that he wouldnt be hungry once it kicks in fully, and this did calm the feeling out as it raised his blood sugar)

10:50am - Currently feel like he is on 15mg of adderall, which is barely different from how he would normally feel on vyvanse by itself at this point

11:00am - He is craving nicotine exactly like he would on adderall. He does not crave nicotine as much when he takes vyvanse, so the trypsin has worked to some extent.

11:30am – This feels exactly like 25mg of Adderall. He honestly didn’t think it would work, but it did! He feels incredibly euphoric and very confident.

Conclusion: Using Trypsin to convert lisdexamphetamine into dextroamphetamine works. Sadly, the l-lysine molecule is heavier than dextraoamphetamine, therefore 60mg of vyvanse only converts to approximately 25-30mg of dextroamphetamine, but it still works!

Step 1: Put water in microwave for 1 minute (Do not boil! It will denature the enzymes)
Step2: Mix two pills of Pacreatin (Trypsin-containing digestive aid) and 60mg of vyvanse into warm water
Step 3: Stir for 10 minutes. (There will be leftover debris from the pancreatin, that’s not a problem.)
Step 4: Ingest and wait for bliss.

Interesting medication hack.. How do you figure waiting 10 min. is enough? Seems like the longer the better.. And careful with the microwave, using tepid warm tap water of about body temperature seems ideal, enzymes have an optimum temp..

Fascinating, guys. If it only took 10 minutes with the enzyme, couldn't one simply ingest the enzyme and then take the vyvanse?

It seems that trypsin is deactivated at pH 3 conditions (one can store it at that pH to prevent autolysis) and active at pH 8.
If you take vyvanse with trypsin and the vyvanse is absorbed from the stomach it's pointless.
In water of 37 centigrade - I just checked and guessed it right, the optimum temp. should be fine and the pH 7 close enough..

Yeah. Vyvanse is a tough one to beat. I do not think it has been fully elucidated exactly how RBCs cleave the lysine off lisdexamphetamine. Perhaps once it is known, LDX can be manipulated but until then you can only take high doses if you are expecting a typical amphetamine high. I am not advocating doing so, but back when I really was exploring stimulants, two 70mg capsule of Vyvanse was lovely. I was not even aware of the studies of LDX's abuse liability showing this, just looking for my sweet spot.

Again, dont take this much if you are inexperienced. It can hurt you despite its relative safety at therapeutic doses.

Im not personally educated well enough on the chemistry behind it, but the results that were achieved were pretty different from normal vyvanse results

Don't underestimate placebo. The research / science kittycat linked to is pretty convincing.

Then again, adding the trypsin might have catalyzed cleaving of the lysine once you ingested it, but not before (in vitro).

Thats a really good point Solipsis, and although i cant definitely say that it wasn't placebo, I have to lean towards it being slightly more than just placebo just because of the different symptoms that were experience as compared to a normal vyvanse experience