Writing-up Seeking participants in Northern Rivers, NSW for study on living with a drug habit

NDRI researcher

Greenlighter
UPDATE 14 October 2016 -- Some of our findings for this study have been published here with more to follow soon: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/16066359.2015.1040002

Thanks again to all those who volunteered to participate in this study!
:)
-Kiran

Hi there Bluelighters,

I'm a researcher based at Curtin University's National Drug Research Institute (NDRI). I’m involved with a study that explores people’s experiences of living with an alcohol or other drug (AOD) habit, dependence or addiction, including how they make decisions about drug use, drug treatment and everyday life. Importantly, we’re keen to get a range of experiences that go beyond the commonly told stories of crisis and recovery. We're now seeking participants in Byron Bay, Ballina, Lismore, Mullumbimby or Nimbin (Northern Rivers, NSW).

UPDATE 10 November 2015: We're still looking for participants for this study, especially people who identify their primary drug as any one or more of the following:
* Stimulants, e.g. ice, cocaine, speed, crack cocaine
* MDMA
* Prescription drugs, e.g. benzos, Valium, Xanax, serepax
* Alcohol

If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you -- please see information below for more details and feel free to contact me at: [email protected] or on
03 9079 2204

Participation involves a confidential audio-recorded interview of about an hour and you will receive $50 for your time. The interviews will be conducted in a location of your choice in the Byron Bay area. The focus of the interview will be on living with and managing a drug habit/dependence/addiction, experiences of drug use, treatment experiences (where relevant), everyday life and feelings about the future.

The information we gather will be used to develop an informative website for members of the public, and health professionals and policy makers. ​This part of the study runs from October to December 2015 or until we have reached our target of ten participants. The study has been approved by the Curtin University Human Research Ethics Committee.

Anyone who is interested in participating or would like more information can contact me directly at [email protected] or on 03 9079 2204. Thanks very much for your interest.

Best wishes,
Kiran Pienaar

National Drug Research Institute - Melbourne office
Curtin University

Last edited:
UPDATE 10 November 2015: We're still looking for participants for this study, especially people who identify their primary drug as any one or more of the following:
* Stimulants, e.g. ice, cocaine, speed, crack cocaine
* MDMA
* Prescription drugs, e.g. benzos, Valium, Xanax, serepax
* Alcohol

If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you -- please see information above for more details and feel free to contact me at: [email protected] or on
03 9079 2204