• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why is using meth orally the strongest method in my case?

BadSanta

Greenlighter
I have been trying to find answers as to why just dissolving with a tad bit of water and drinking it get me more fucked up than any of my preferred methods ? I just take what I would set up for a line .3 to .4 and I won't be able to sleep that night. Actually like twice as strong compared to my other methods. Now I have epilepsy and am on three different anti convulsion medications , and drinking booze would fuck me up bad on em as well but that kind of went away. Can't find anything similar posted. So maybe I'll get some good input here.

maybe you expect 'more than you should' from your other methods and are let down?

homeless -------> BDD

I can't say I deny that one bit, but I know I have built up a tolerance but when just eatin it ,that tolerance seems to just fly right out the window.

When ingested, it takes longer to hit me.....but when it does, it is much better. Maybe due to getting more of it...i.e. none of it gets wasted by getting stuck in your nose, etc. Maybe higher content is absorbed. When I used to do it, I didn't chose to eat it or drink it. It was because it was melted or liquefied. So I'd put it in a small amount of water in a glass and throw it back or drop bag into what I was drinking.

Ya you might be right about that. I usually just do rails , some on a rare occasion. Mainly because it's just easier to keep on the DL . No one knows I use. Well not anymore atleast.

Meth has a higher bioavailability when consumed intranasal (70~80% )as well as smoked (~90% ) With oral (~40-60% ) use, the dose should be higher for the desired effect. The dose info on Erowid, however, states that oral has a slightly lower dose than smoking and snorting, which have about the same, snorting having the lower of the two. I'm confused by that, but can't find a possible explaination on that part other than they're based on different sources of which one was wrong.

That doesn't give an explaination for your personal account though. You should've either experienced about the same effect (erowid.org) or you should've felt less, when taking it orally.(taimapedia.org) My theory is that you're either doing something wrong or there is some physical cause. If you're snorting this could be inhaling too deeply (wrong) or a damaged/clogged mucous membrane. In case you're smoking, you could be inhaling too softly (ironic, isn't it) or you could have some form if lung issue. I personally snort most drugs, so I'm sorry for not being able to go into more detail considering the lung issue. Usually I'd google what could be a cause, but I've spent way too long searching for the bioavailability/dose inconsistency problem and just can't be bothered.

Likely solutions:

Insufflated - Don't snort it into your throat and get a nasal congestant, preferably a simple saline solution, since stronger products dry out the nose over time, making matters worse. Make sure to not use the congestant prior to snorting, as the diffusion would be hindered due to the lowered osmotic pressure. Final method I can think of that might increase the absorption would be to hydrate your body well, if you're not doing so yet.* Take into account

Smoking - Inhale the smoke deeply and just hold it in for some time, so it can fully absorb.** As for a possible lung problem, the only advice I can give is to go see a doctor and have him check your lungs.***

Elaborations:

*The transport within the body goes through your bloodstream and lymphatic system, which both require to be hydrated sufficiently. The lymphatic system is responsible for the disposal of excess materials. Without enough hydration, your lymph glands could get clogged, causing inflamations and distortions of the transport flow.

**Meth in it's base form, which the vapor is, is only slightly soluble in water and can therefore not pass the membrane as easily as some other substances. It's important with absorption through the lung alveoli for a substance to be water soluble, because it enters the bloodstream, which is aqueous, instantly after passing the membrane.

***Methamphetamine base's structure allows it to be easily pass through the mucus and membrane, into the bloodstream. However, the absorption through the membrane is based on solubility in water (polar), which is less than its solubility in the mucus (apolar.) Taking that into account, insufficient mucus secretion would cause the absorption to be inhibited, but not prevented, so once again: Hydrate sufficiently.

Hydration came up twice so that rings some alarms. Methamphetamine use causes dehydration and the average human is already not drinking enough, so this is something to seriously consider as cause and is also harmful to your wellbeing. Drinking a gallon of water is dangerous as well! Don't drink too much at once and make sure your nutrition consists of enough glucose and salt. Drinking too much water without salt causes the brain to be unable to restore the chemical imbalance. If you don't consume enough glucose, the water isn't absobed properly.

Lastly
I just came up with the fact that your meth might be cut with either an active substance with similar effects, but different bioavailability or an active substance that inhibits the effects of meth, but doesn't function or functions less when taken orally.

PS:
I also asked a friend with more knowledge on the subject and he thought it was because you're a pancake.
No seriously, those were his words, not mine. He didn't take it seriously =D

For some reason the times i've tried eating it i've gotten less stomach agitation and burping than i've had from insufflating it. Which seems counterintuitive. The times it was eaten on an empty stomach i experienced maybe a little growl at first and that's it. Eating it seems to be the cleaner healthier and more efficient way of doing it. A more rounded out & stable experience that still provides strong thriller rushes if you're an infrequent user.

If you HAVE TO take meth then taking it orally would be the most benificial ROA IMO/IME.
Not having any re-dosing thoughts in the first 10 hours after a single oral dose is huge (psychologically).

After taking an oral dose, any re-dosing, either oral or any other ROA would make the above two sentences void.

It may be objectively the best ROA, except perhaps for sticking it up your butt.

The problem for me is that 1) the gratification isn't instant, unlike smoking, shooting or snorting, and 2) you've got to bomb a lot of it to get a good buzz, or at least I do.

It may be objectively the best ROA, except perhaps for sticking it up your butt.

The problem for me is that 1) the gratification isn't instant, unlike smoking, shooting or snorting, and 2) you've got to bomb a lot of it to get a good buzz, or at least I do.

Yeah I guess it is very subjective and depends on what you want from it.

Just be careful regardless.

Thx