• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping day or night what do you prefer and why?

nuube

Bluelighter
I tend to trip at night on my own. The first part of the trip is spent enjoying the visuals and the second part is a quieter meditative state where I try and get a better understanding of myself and the universe I inhabit.

Recently I had a 300 mcg Al-lad trip during the day but was distracted too much by gardening jobs so I didn't get the same depth. I was wondering what people on here prefer and why - is the day time trip, (done right!) better than night and why? Or does the darkness of the night lend itself to the mysteries of the universe better, (nothing better, imho, that staring at the infinity of space to challenge the egos position).

Thanks for all replies.

Why does one have to be preferable? The decision of whether to go day or night is a major struggle before every one of my trips. :)

I like waking up in the morning and tripping because my brain chemistry is fresh from sleep and the sun is out but not beating down yet. I find that doing this causes more intricate and vibrant sensory distortions, more complex mind's eye visualizations, more cognitive enhancement and stimulation, and fewer side effects. However, it also loses the dissociating impact of widespread darkness that makes night trips more dreamy and causes your mind to fill in spaces in degraded visual input with hallucinations. I personally think that the most interesting visuals come from being outside in nature at night, but they're always interesting at any time, and the strongest still come from closed eyes or complete darkness, and that can be done at any time of the day. Still, I find myself tripping at night a lot when I just want to go inside myself or think about life, as that's not what I typically feel like doing for long stretches of time during the day.

Because I live in a huge city, I usually liked tripping during the night. Less people, more fun people out, and you could relax more. During the day EVERYONE's out. The streets are busy as hell. Too many people who would just stare at you if you kept laughing too much or something else. But If I was in a country home upstate, in a forest or something, with a lake, I would LOVE to trip during the day. It would definitely be a better experience.
But night tripping no matter where you are has its advantages. It's more of a calm, relaxing trip.
Also, because the ego and/or society already tells you that you should be more uptight, focused, and a contributor during the day and be more relaxed and let loose during the night. So in your subconscious, you already feel like you can let loose more during the night. IDK, at least for me, I tend to have that feeling.

In the Day because your Brain Replenishes your Super-Happy-Fun Chemicals SerotONIN hAPPY Dopamine is Super and Endorphins Are fucking helluva alot of Fun! Lol. Don't Forget the CHILLAXING GABA Chemical Neuro-Transmitter FUCK CHEA!

I have Actually Been Taking 300MG 3 100MG Capsules Of Picamilon and u can't take Niacin Supplements Mixed in With GABA Supplements they Infuse The Two In A Powder In A Special Lab Somehow And It Is FDA Approved Unlike Most Fuckingn Supplements Including VItamins And Minerals Hence there is no "Dosage" And the instructions can be Dangerously High For Some VItamins or minerals to lack of FDA Oversight. But Assuming FDA Approved is also more IMO Confidence it Actually Has The Ability Of The GABA To Cross The Blood Brain Barrier Otherwise I Doubt the FDA Would Vouche For A Fucking False Advertisement Scam!

I have Actually Been Taking 300MG 3 100MG Capsules Of Picamilon and u can't take Niacin Supplements Mixed in With GABA Supplements they Infuse The Two In A Powder In A Special Lab Somehow And It Is FDA Approved Unlike Most Fuckingn Supplements Including VItamins And Minerals Hence there is no "Dosage" And the instructions can be Dangerously High For Some VItamins or minerals to lack of FDA Oversight. But Assuming FDA Approved is also more IMO Confidence it Actually Has The Ability Of The GABA To Cross The Blood Brain Barrier Otherwise I Doubt the FDA Would Vouche For A Fucking False Advertisement Scam!
Thomas. Apart from taking a PRESCRIBED multi-vitamins pill everyday. I also take DL-Phenylalanine (500mg 1x(sometimes twice)/day), DMAE (130mg 1x/day(For School)), GABA (750mg 1x/day@night), Melatonin sometimes at night (3mg).
You are correct, the unfortunate thing about multi-vitamins is that you can't control the MGs of what you think you might want or need most. And if you were to buy each seperately, It would cost too much money.
So I have to settle for a multi-vitamin. A friend of mine told me that because I get one that isn't over the counter, and with a prescription, It most likely is the type they give you in hospitals when you need to take a multi-vitamin.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong or someone shouldn't take the OTC multi-vitamins supplements, but sometimes due to your diet, you really don't need EVERYTHING that is in there.

It totally depends on the drug. Things like tryptamines I usually take at night. Most of the phenethylamines I prefer during the day. Especially long lasting, colorful ones.

It seems we are all on a similar wave length, the night adds a certain mystic and introspection that the business of the day overwhelms. I did enjoy the day tripping with the Al=lad but as a busy sort of person it seemed to accent that whereas at night it is all about chilling and 'being'.

Kaleida I love being outside tripping at night, a warm summer night with a starry sky and I am gone! I do love the way the mind seems to add to it all. The one thing I don't like is that 'fried I want to sleep but can't feeling', that's missing in the day but a few Benzos normally takes that edge off.

Also I think when tripping in the day there is always the possibility that despite good preparation the real world has a greater potential to invade your space.

Also, because the ego and/or society already tells you that you should be more uptight, focused, and a contributor during the day and be more relaxed and let loose during the night. So in your subconscious, you already feel like you can let loose more during the night.

I agree but one of the other cool things about tripping at night is that that's when you're supposed to be asleep. And everyone for the most part around you at one point will be asleep. And while they're asleep you're having a religious experience.

If I'm going to trip with a friend that has been planning a trip with me for some time, I would prefer to do it in the day with them just because there is more to see.
That doesn't mean I wouldn't or haven't tripped with other people at night. I just find that night time tripping can lead to more introspection from time to time so it's less shared..
If I'm going to do a solo trip I mostly always prefer to do it at night once the world around me has started to shut down until morning time.

nightime

big pupils and daylight are just euughhh

i hate daytime boozing also

nightime

big pupils and daylight are just euughhh

i hate daytime boozing also

Day time boozing used to be great, (don't drink any more). Didn't take much to get going and it was normally a sign that all responsibilities were blown off. Home early and a full night bed and the next day was never as bad as when you went out for the night and got 3/4 hrs sleep. Magic!!

I live in an area surrounded by nature, so a few hour drive can easily lead to an isolated beautiful landscape with little to no light pollution. I'm aware that I'm lucky. What my friends and I like to do is experience both. So we either wake up super early to experience nighttime, followed by a breathtaking sunrise and the subsequent day of sunlight. Or we do the opposite - start in the afternoon, watch the sunset, experience the stars. The transition is always surreal.

I find the night time, especially with starlight, to be more 'spiritual'. I tend to have deeper thoughts and mystical experiences in the darkness (keep in mind I do this outside). Day time is much more light-hearted and blissful.

I prefer evening into night..i like watching the sunset at the peak of my trip

Night time is better for a more introspective trip but daytime is better for walkin in the woods and being one with nature

Tripped today on 1P-LSD, have to say I really thought I had been missing out but after tripping twice in a month or so in the day I'm going back to nights, too much distractions leaving me unable to look inwards.