• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

dreams, dreams and more dreams ever since I stopped using.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
when I was using (dope) I would never remember a single thing when I slept; I felt I just stopped dreaming. and man, I stopped dreaming for many, many years.

over the last few months I got away form dope and have been steady on bupe; I am at 12MG/day, originally 16/MG but I dropped myself down 4MG and would like to get to 8MG to make it easy.

anyway, I have had some whacky fucking dreams since getting away from dope; everything feels so real. and yes, I have had the drug dreams, but its not even those, its every dream seems to be to the extreme. and I wake up and remember them so well, which is not something I am used to. such lucid dreams over the past 2-3 months.. just not used to it; esp. after all those years of abuse.

I know this is common when coming off dope but wondering how many have been through similar. again, these are not all drug related dreams where I am using, etc, but yes, I have had those, too.

some whacky times; I still take a med to go to bed but still have these dreams.

when i first stopped smoking pot back in the 8th grade i had dreams i was running through fields of weed. shit i still do and yes MARIJUANA CAN BE ADDICTING. as far as dope never done it just pharmies. have dreams at least once a week sometimes im sneaking into the local Walgreens and chuggin oxycodone syrup sometimes bangin the hot ass milf pharmacy tech that works there while injecting myself with dilaudid etc. IMO the dreams never go away.

Same here, whenever I take a break, I start experiencing really vivid dreams. Even more so when taking melatonin before bed.

I usually use seroquel or something like that to sleep and still have some whacky ass dreams; they are so vivid and I seem to remember all; its just very new to me since I have been using HARD for so many years and not remembering a damn thing and now this. some whacky shit that I have no been through in a long ass time.

Yeah I can totally relate!
My DOC was heroin but I'd have drug dreams that were so vivid I'd be copping and shooting coke in Philly and I'd wake up sweating and feeling like I did a shot of some good coke.
Also would tend to dream about people that I'd known who died and I'd wake up taking me a couple seconds to realize I haven't just been talking to the person. Then I'd realize they were dead and I'd start feeling sad like they just died.Those dreams made me miss the dreamless slumber of opiates but after a year or so they subsided in intensity.

I don't really dream that much, at least not ones that I can remember. I remember hearing that cannabis interferes with the body's ability to dream somehow, and I smoke weed err'day, so that may have something to do with it.

I recently discovered that some drugs give you a more restful/light sleep because your body doesn't go into the deepest stage of sleep (REM sleep) so I can relate to not having dream while using and then when sober having ton and tons of dreams...I will always smoke weed, so I also use African dream root that makes your dreams very amazing, lucid, and meaningful. I'd suggest it! This is simply the best option if you love using and still want to dream! It's almost depressing that some drugs will literally take away your dreams but there's always a plant to solve ANYTHING if taken right.

glad to see someone replied because I completely forgot I wrote this.

anyway, the dreams have calmed down and its not what it once was; I've only been "sober" for about 3-4 months now but all things are good in the hood, nigga.

Sweet man, glad things were figured out. I love dreaming and enjoy talking about it, if you like lucid dreaming try the African dream room as previously mentioned, works awesome for me even if your just taking it to have more frequent dreams.

I never heard of it. where do you get it?

as of now I am on 8MG of suboxone - coming from 16 a few months back. I am going to stay w/ 8MG for some time but had to drop because the sex drive was NOT THERE on 16MG but has been back in action since hitting the 8MG mark; I also feel the exact same, maybe even a bit better, so why not!?

I smoke weed here and there but its def. not a fav. of mine. I usually smoke and then keep asking myself, when high, why did I smoke? ha. weed was never a thing I enjoyed but its a drug and being an addict I needed to use something!

lately the dreams have not been as vivid as they once were when first stepping away from dope but I still remember them well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man heroin and weed go so well together, how can you not like that drug combination, it's the bestest...

I was the type of dope junkie where I would NEVER want to smoke weed when shooting. I didnt like using anything w/ dope except more dope or maybe another opiate, but thats it. only shot a speedball a few times and that was NOT fun. even when shooting and smoking weed at some point during that day, I'd wish I never smoked, kinda like I do now.

dope was my thangggg.. and only dope! I'd shoot through G's in an hour or so, then the fent hit Boston and finally a G would last a day rather than an hour. I fucking loved that stuff but it was droppppping so many people around here; every day on FB you'd see a friend post something about someone else passing away. I even OD'd myself a few times while shooting fent but I lived alone and would wake up 8-10hrs later on the floor w/o a clue as to what happen but still see a needle in my arm. some whacky fucking times there but ENOUGH is ENOUGH - or at least I tell myself that now.

ill say this tho, man.. life has TRULY CHANGED FOR THE BETTER IN EVERY WHICH WAY since giving that shit up. yes, they say people, places, things.. well, I changed it all and I have no urge and and actually enjoy life. I feel better everyday when I wake up than those days where I used hard. I'd tell myself everyday that if I shot and died, I wouldnt care. I always knew my mother would break day and I truly think that is what stopped me from dying throughout those years but it didnt stop me from shooting daily. I really never knew how HARD I used til I started this "recovery" process and heard other peoples' stories and it made me realize I was a super junkbox.

maxresdefault.jpg