• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxy tolerance and buprenorphine

eamonshort

Greenlighter
Hey all, know some one who has casually used oxy for 4 years, not daily, only ever 3 or 4 days so ive developed a tolerance his friend has a bunch of buprenorphine 2mg with narcan as well, he said it would really help lower my tolerance, he said for him being on heroine its hell for a few days, just wondering if i have a tolerance but don't use frequently and could weeks between dose at will so im not an addict, so im wonder if i take suboxone will it help decrease my tolerance with minimal effect.

No it wont..... Read into Using Narcan but i would be Completely out of Physical Withdrawal if One Were to Try It. If anything i would think any Doses of Bupe would Raise Tolerance Since it is Super Potent And All.

tolerance just keep holding me back, used to be 30mg with a 20mg top up later was a real cool high, i now need 200mg, i don't use everyday as i say or think i have an addiction but my friend gave 10 Suboxone because he said an 8 course could really help my tolerance so i don't need to try and find \K which is hard to get in my area.

Suboxone will send your tolerance through the roof. Yes it combats withdrawal very well, but is harder to come off than oxy.

The only way to lower your tolerance is to go through withdrawal, and stay clean from opiates for a few months. If you use opiates again before those few months are up, your tolerance will go right back to where it was extremely quickly.

As a note to how strong suboxone is. I was shooting upwards of 300mg of morphine a couple times a day due to tolerance (i do not suggest this, it took a lot of time and heartache to get to that tolerance) I went to rehab and they put me on 12mg a day of suboxone in three doses, so 4mg in the morning 4mg after lunch, and 4mg before bed. It had me nodding in the groups. *THIS IS A POWERFUL MEDICATION*

thanks, that is all.

I have heard there are a few things to help lower tolerance, one being small amounts of dxm taken before your dose. There was something else too but I can't remember.

Best thing is time of course, but even that will never bring you down to baseline.