• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is it better to use a short acting rc benzo or phenibut for bi weekly anxiolytic use?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
Which would cause less harm in terms of potential for withdrawal?

I say short acting benzo. I would be thinking something like pyrazolam.

Both substances seem tohave thier potential benefits and drawbacks.

phenibut- easier to get withdrawal but doesn't last as long

benzoes- withdrawal doesnt come as quick but is the apolcalypse if you get it. Does something like pyrazolam cause less withdrawal tho? being shorter acting

Before you say I would end up taking every day, I took etizolam and diazepam a couple of times for comedowns a few years ago and hated the monged feeling you get the next day, so don't really see myself wanting to take something that would zombify me. Likewise with kratom I never want to take it the next day and been going good with that regime for nearly a year now.

IME, Phenibut has never given me any relief and only exacerbated anxiety with treacherous rebound anxiety for a day or two afterwards.

At the doses people typically use with RC benzos, even one week of continuous use is probably going to leave you with rebound anxiety. And chances are that one day soon you're going to say "Oh, I'll just use some more on the 8th day to smooth out the rebound" or "Well, today is a special day" and *bam* you're using them on a daily basis.

Yes, it might be possible if you were to do it at medicinal doses, like 1 mg of Etiz per day. But when people straight up start off their journey into self-medication with daily doses of 4 mgs of Etiz (i.e. easily the equivalent of a whole Xanax bar), developing a case of the ol' Benzo-Dependenzo is basically a given.

Benzo's have a much higher LD50, so the risk of overdosing is minimal. So minimal as to not even really warrant consideration.

Having said that, the withdrawal from chronic benzo use is not pretty. When I was locked-up, there was a guy in our unit who had been taking 10 x 2mg alprazolam tablets daily for about two or three months. The jail refused to take his concerns seriously, until he had a seizure (scaring the hell out of his cellmate in the process). 20mg of alprazolam per day is a very large dose, but until I was privy to actually "witnessing" (I wasn't his cellmate but was friends with the guy who was) what can happen with abrupt cessation of benzodiazapines, I had only read about it and it was therefore just, well, theoretical. But it happens.

What's the point of this post? Well, I guess I'm just saying be careful, no matter what you use as an anxiolytic....

Peace :)