• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

October Getting/Staying Sober/Clean Thread v. OctSOBER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from the heartland, USA!

I've been free from addiction for at least a year now. Staying away from substances I can't moderate has kept me financially, socially, and emotionally stable! 2015 has been a good year. Good luck to everyone on a similar path!

I'm feeling pretty damn good after a couple of months since detoxing from benzos - and everything else.
No weed, no opiates and i haven't had a drink in nearly 6 years.
I didnt plan on being "sober", but it just worked out that way. I'm more focussed and stable than ever before - it's been a great thing to experience, and worth the effort to get to this point.
Take care, folks
❤️❤️❤️

Good morning from the heartland, USA!

I've been free from addiction for at least a year now. Staying away from substances I can't moderate has kept me financially, socially, and emotionally stable! 2015 has been a good year. Good luck to everyone on a similar path!

Indeed! I'm soon reaching my 8 month's mark. Will get there!! And hopefully further and further.
One day at a time.
Wish you all a great weekend! :)

48h sober!!!

I just arrived from biking in a dark forest on the mountain I sufered an atack from 2 dogs!!! Just one small light, all in dark and wet, 2 fucking scary and agressive dogs that I could not see but hear... My stress and survival system works very good omg!!8o I could feel the teeth on my shoe... then I ride downhill blind like a motherfucker...

Last edited:
You are right captain I need to find some hobbies asap I will start going to the gym again next week I'm sure that will help
Thanx again for the advice
Erik you and I have the same amount of time that's awsome!
Hope October will be a good month I will be turning 30 in November ;)

Methadone is truly a life saver as it is the only reason my life is getting to a point where I can be free of worry. October is my 11th month on the program and today my dose just got to 40mg/day. I am engaged in a "race to the bottom" with my g/f right now and shes at 14mg/day from 90mg/day at February of this year. Somehow she managed to get to 90 stayed there for 2-3 weeks as it was too high and she slept all day then rapidly drop down once she took charge of her life again. It happened incredibly fast for her like once the 3 years of daily IV heroin was removed from her mind instantly the girl i fell in love with was back, seriously like over night :) But I am so proud of her for all her accomplishments, she used more as a means to escape so i had no idea it would be so easy for her to come off but its easier for her then me!

Congrats to anyone who made it a fraction longer then before, another day or another year, all progress is progress and we are all capable of happiness, i refuse to believe otherwise! I hope to be completely off by Feb and she wants to be off before Christmas, I know she will do it and through her i have come to realize we can all do it :)

Congrats to anyone who made it a fraction longer then before, another day or another year, all progress is progress and we are all capable of happiness, i refuse to believe otherwise! I hope to be completely off by Feb and she wants to be off before Christmas, I know she will do it and through her i have come to realize we can all do it :)

That was very nice from you Szuko000 and I really agree that every fraction, or progress no matter how little or small is progress!
Methadone is a really tough one to get off, and it's excellent to go down. No matter how long it takes it's definitely worth it.
I know the feeling and it's hard. 7 months and 3 quarters off. :)

Feels good to be clean today. Everyone here that is fighting to stay clean are truly an inspiration to me. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Methadone is truly a life saver as it is the only reason my life is getting to a point where I can be free of worry. October is my 11th month on the program and today my dose just got to 40mg/day. I am engaged in a "race to the bottom" with my g/f right now and shes at 14mg/day from 90mg/day at February of this year. Somehow she managed to get to 90 stayed there for 2-3 weeks as it was too high and she slept all day then rapidly drop down once she took charge of her life again. It happened incredibly fast for her like once the 3 years of daily IV heroin was removed from her mind instantly the girl i fell in love with was back, seriously like over night :) But I am so proud of her for all her accomplishments, she used more as a means to escape so i had no idea it would be so easy for her to come off but its easier for her then me!

Congratulations on your 11 months on methadone :)

I had several years on suboxone, but now I have 11 months, 1 week clean :)

much <3 to everyone

Tapered down my subs to 2mg from 24mg. Feeling proud of my progress. I still deal with issues, but overall life is worth living!

133 days for me. I was on and off methadone for the last 12yrs.. More on than off and when I was off I was on heroin, so this is by far the longest clean time I have had in 16yrs. Finally kicked that horrible methadone xanax combo that plagued me for the last decade. I had violent hand tremors for over a month. I still wake up everyday almost unable to believe that I am finally free.. I have not had what I would consider a craving yet. God willing it will stay that way. Everyone keep up the good fight it is so worth it.. FREEDOM

I'm in even more pain, and am so depressed but am not letting this get me down

11 months, 1 week

Congrats CH!
Wishing you strength :)

Thanks man

I have avoided caffeine today, and perhaps I am experiencing lack of caffeine headaches :(

either way, this is all right with me (and it's more likely due to improper posture than anything)

Wow, wow, wow. What a week it has been for me. I ended up getting terrible food poisoning on Sunday. I couldn't go to work on Monday. I had to go in for the rest of the week because it was only my second week at my new job. I finally felt symptom free yesterday. It was brutal and I felt like I was dope sick. During it all, I kept telling myself "I used to go through this constantly over and over again, I am so grateful I don't live like that anymore."

So, as many know, I have been struggling with the breakup with my ex. For those who do not know the story it goes a little something like this:

She relapses, I push treatment, she goes and buys in, stops seeing me often to hang out with other recovering women, I tell her that I need to see her more, we try to make it work, eventually she breaks up with me, then we go no contact and about a month ago she blocks me on everything.

So yesterday I am at a meeting for the first time (first time at the meeting). Its a huge meeting, 100+ people, maybe 200-300. I am looking over the balcony and then turn around. Right as I do that she sits down a few rows back of me. I say her name and smile, she smiles back and says hello. A few awkward seconds pass and then she comes up and talks to me. I am very nervous but I practiced this, I can tell she is very nervous as well. I apologize for my part in this (basically, I was texting her "messages of support" which they were, but also self serving) she says that she was not "strong enough" to tell me she wasn't ready for a relationship right now and that she feels ashamed of that. We both tell each other its okay. We have some small talk, she is doing well. I can still see she is nervous and feels bad for how she handled the situation. She says we will talk after the meeting. During the meeting I calm down and really have some realizations about many things. I feel a big sense of comfort. It was nice to know she was not angry with me.

The meeting ends and I go outside and she is talking to her friends, I think for a minute and then decide to say "hey, do you want to talk for a little bit, you can totally say no if you do not want too." She says yes. She again says she is embarrassed, I tell her its the last thing that I want for her. I tell her that she is doing too well for herself for me to want to throw her off. We tell each other we care for each other, I tell her I am proud of her again. I say eventually I would like to go out for coffee or dinner with her when she is ready and she says she wants that. I end up going home and writing a letter that I will give to her next week.

I felt so relieved and at peace after this that I cannot put it into words. It was like a weight that had been on me since June was lifted. I was able to breathe a huge sigh of relief.

It is crazy that at a huge meeting, she sat 2 rows back from me. I wouldn't have gone to this meeting unless it was recommended to me by two people that I randomly met. The universe has a method to its madness. I believe that it was its intention that we see each other at the time. It was enough time for me to cool down and really work on accepting the relationship was over before I ran into her. Also, the steps were a huge help for me. I wouldn't have handled it so well without them. I am just much less self-centered because of them.

Just another experience that I went through and stayed clean. Pain leads to growth for me. Being uncomfortable and handling it gives me strength. Its not easy, but it has never ever not been worth it.

1 year, 4 months, 27 days (514 days) clean from all mind and mood altering drugs.

I love mondays :D

35km mountain biking. Healthy foods. A lot of water. I'm feeling great.

5 days sober! woah!

Hey Veodo! Congratulations for your 5th day!! :) I would have loved my Monday too.

8 complete months next week! I'm feel I'm getting better now. Much more hopeful and happy sometimes :)

1 year, 4 months, 27 days (514 days) clean from all mind and mood altering drugs.

My hat's off to you phactor!! Congratulations for this great achievement

Last edited:
1 year and 1 day sober off of ALL mind altering chemicals.

thank you god.

Status
Not open for further replies.