• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

October Getting/Staying Sober/Clean Thread v. OctSOBER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you people for the nice words. It's day 2, feeling like the sub is starting to level out in my system and i'm starting to feel a little better. Night time is horrible for whatever reason they alwys are. But I'm doing good, just sub and cannabis. trying to get some kpins also - omg that would be tremendous.

Today I've decided to quit smoking weed, It has been very rough on me lately.
I need my head to be clear again and get shit done in life! a bit late, but i'm in :D

I'm also going to try giving up shatter (cannabis extract). It shouldn't be easy but I don't think it will be too hard.

I'll keep everyone posted on how that goes for me.

8 days today no oxycodone. Felt like balls today but I forced myself to take the dog for a walk. Spent $20 on scratch tickets as a reward for not buying drugs. Feeling a little better now that I started moving around. Anxiety is starting to let up. One day at a time. Good luck to you all, stay strong!!! <3 do it for yourself and no one else.

I woke up on the right side of the sod again! For cigrits and gotit4cheap. Early recovery can be rough sometimes, however you will build up your own momentum and it gets easier.

I had a weird night last night. I sleep walk. I woke up on my porch a couple times just sleeping in my chair. It is such an odd disorienting feeling. I wonder what I was dreaming about.

DuchBloke: You will be so much sharper, and the malaise will go away soon. Hope is awesome man, and I hope you got it.

For everyone else in the thread: Keep up the good work. Recovery is hard, but so rewarding.

Cigrits good for you. And congrats on rewarding yourself, you earned it. Once the anxiety starts to lift I find the worst is over. Keep fighting the good fight.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's amazing how words of encouragement from complete strangers feels so good. Thank you everyone. I used to search bluelight for tips while using, now I want to use it as support to stay clean.

I'm also going to try giving up shatter (cannabis extract). It shouldn't be easy but I don't think it will be too hard.

I'll keep everyone posted on how that goes for me.

Could you tell us a little bit more about the ways Shatter effects you? (I am very curious :O)

Day 2: My head is producing clearer thoughts, waaaay less sweaty then the previous time I tried to quit.

DuchBloke: You will be so much sharper, and the malaise will go away soon. Hope is awesome man, and I hope you got it.

For everyone else in the thread: Keep up the good work. Recovery is hard, but so rewarding.

Thanks man! I feel very confident today. I managed to make some very important phonecalls today (Wow I have come to realise that I was fkn afraid of phoning someone)
I have told my girl about my progress, she was very surprised but also very proud.

I just might pull this off

Last edited:
Shatter is like a very potent inhalation of cannabis, but can have 2 to 4 fold more purity than cannabis.

Effects and withdrawal are similar to an intense cannabis habit

I don't think I can quit at this point in time, so I am resolving to cut back.

Been staying clean so far this month!! Start going to clinics next week, I'm excited to start a new chapter in my life!! Be safe all of you, much love from this end.

Been staying clean so far this month!! Start going to clinics next week, I'm excited to start a new chapter in my life!! Be safe all of you, much love from this end.

I am excited for you. Recovery is amazing. Keep up the good work my friend.

A really good tool in early recovery is meditation. It will really help with cravings!

That's too bad Captain, I am now on my third day and i'm feeling really good! It was much easier to drop the habit than the previous time I tried it (obv. failed)

But I've read your stories on this forum, Heck when I found bluelight it was one of your posts.
I believe that if I can cold turkey stop from about 5-6 joints a day (strong haze mostly)

Man, you should be able to conquer the world

That's too bad Captain, I am now on my third day and i'm feeling really good! It was much easier to drop the habit than the previous time I tried it (obv. failed)

But I've read your stories on this forum, Heck when I found bluelight it was one of your posts.
I believe that if I can cold turkey stop from about 5-6 joints a day (strong haze mostly)

Man, you should be able to conquer the world

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better :)

I hope one day to be able to quit, but the odds are not in my favor as of right now.

Ight my goal for rest of month is nothing recreational besides weed. I am planning to take this in baby steps. Cutting out Xanax first then weed later hopefully.

11 Days sober, and today I dont feel quite good... cravings are coming hard.

11 Days sober, and today I dont feel quite good... cravings are coming hard.

First off, congrats on day 11. Everyday you will feel better and better.

Cravings come and go pretty quickly. When I was in very early recovery I would call someone because the amount of time it took to call someone is how loong my cravings would last. Also, I would write down a list of your triggers and actively stay away from those.

Today I feel pretty good.

^ Seems like a good idea.

For some people cravings don't last very long. If you can postpone for an hour or so until you get used to the routine and that will make you stronger every time it happens again.

Chocolate used to work for me. Somehow it distracts me and at the same time it's pleasurable.
I had actually tried it following someone else's advice. Just one more thing that could help.

Nevertheless, congratulations! Your are succeeding and I also agree that it gets better every day although it's a constant struggle specially in the beginning.

Good luck!! :)
Erik

I am planning a week of complete sobriety this year (no shatter).

:| I can do this.

11 and 1/2 months

Status
Not open for further replies.