• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Mariposa

This is one of the last names I expected to see here. Mariposa was one of my all-time favorite BLers who was both compassionate and possessed a wealth of wisdom she was kind enough to share with the community.

You will forever be missed.

If BL had a mother it would be Mariposa.

What a fucked year. Too many people have gone to the next level.

I had a falling out with mariposa but Ive been thinking about during the holidays who has been a caring soul on bluelight.
Mariposa came up, too bad shes dead.

Holy shit, just finding out about this. Had many conversations and shared experiences with our struggles with booze. RIP. She helped me get sober, even if she did not realize it.

It feels like yesterday when she reached out to me via pm. Though we never met, we were both living back and forth in PDX and SFO. I don't drive so she had kindly offered to give me a ride to the airport. I'm sorry I never took her up on the offer. That was the last chance to meet her and possibly make a friend.

Last edited:
Oh no!! I don't come here often any more. Seems whenever i do there's another death.
Mariposa was an absolute lady. Gracious in the extreme. RIP.

Hi mate. Thinking of you a lot lately. I miss you and am hoping we meet again. For a hug and a talk ...

I miss her presence on the board. I hope your at peace lovely lady.

RIP. My condolences to the family. I actually returned to BL because I wanted to acknowledge her and let her know I grew up.

Damn it. Guess I'm really late reading this news as well. :( RIP girl.

in the amazing new tv series westworld, there is a bar called the mariposa saloon.

Ugh. Why oh why did I come to the bluelight shrine, after all this time? Mariposa, you were so sweet to me and I am so sorry to see that you're gone. You were as beautiful as your name and I'll miss you, Spanish butterfly. Rest in peace.

It's like saying I miss my girlfriends best friend. Never too close but close enough to keep me in check.