• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Bluelight Photography Contest Round 371: Restaurants

which photo is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
this round's theme (suggested by flyhighk) is Restaurants. time to vote ...

Just A Guy

Z7frkkJ.jpg

herbavore

22006374181_34aa11c748_k.jpg

poll will be open until october 13

Last edited:
A photo taken nine years ago during some good fun times in Florida.

Z7frkkJ.jpg

IMG_0896

My favorite part of this photo is the little nub of turquoise crayon. I love restaurants that put out crayons and paper 'tablecloths'--shows my level of sophistication!;)

I really love Herbie's photo. I couldn't find my photos of the Crayola Cafe, which I was looking for. That's a neat place, with such vibrant, amazing color. :)

I miss the days when there were about 6 entries for each topic.:(

^ I think it largely depends on the topic... I don't think a lot of people will necessarily have photos relating to restaurants, I certainly don't.

Good to see a couple of nice entries though, I'm still a bit undecided which to vote for!

^You mean you don't snap pictures every damn second like the rest of us fools with camera-phones??!!=D

I forgot about this and meant to post last month. This is a famous café near my flat. I sit there sometimes and drink chocolat and work on writing projects. It is named after the statue pictured below. Magot = statue in a Chinese dialect.
PSE0nvT.png
JlBsAxA.png

e2qLdUt.jpg
9JrHHJe.jpg

Edit: just uploaded to imgur.com. I'm not sure how to edit from my browser, but i did some edits with gimp.

Last edited:
lol socko -- you might consider imgur.com since it gives you the ability to edit your photos via your browser.

I don't see the option to edit on imgur.com. I first tried to upload from my phone.

I edited sùme with GIMP and uploaded again, this time to imgur. I even cropped but they are still too big and sizes are not the same.

OK, sizes are now similar. Now I need to go back and take another photo of the chocolate and framboise tarte because the angle isn't good. I wish I had a lens for doing close-ups of the food and a wide angle for the outside terrace.

Edit: The Crayola cafe looks fun. I don't think I have been to the one in the picture, but I have been to cafes in California and Oregon where you can do that. Crayons were provided.
I kind of remember being able to do that here at the Terminal Gravity Brewery:
NSFW:
274.jpeg

in Enterprise, Oregon. Not my photos:
240px-Enterprise_Oregon_2011_IMG_4511.jpg

Last edited:
Socko, may I come have that exact dessert and coffee with you at that cafe? That looks just too exquisite for words.