Writing-up interviews on NPS, Online Communities, and Harm Reduction - Can you do an interview?

DrugGeek

Greenlighter
Hey folks,

My name is Kieran and I'm a PhD student working at the University of the West of Scotland in Paisley. as part of my PhD research I'm conducting a global online study of people who use NPS (novel psychoactive substances) and engage with online communities. The focus of the study is broadly:

- What motivates people to engage with online communities
- What type of information is sought, and how is this information then disseminated among peers
- How does online engagement impact perceptions of NPS, drug policy and harm
- Overall, does engagement with online communities and alternative discussion of NPS challenge 'mainstream' assumptions?

The first part of my research was a survey which I also distributed on Bluelight. The results from this survey can be seen here: http://www.kieranhamilton.org/2015/07/29/esrc-new-drugs-seminar-3-liverpool-john-moores-university/

For the second stage of my research I am looking for people to take part in an interview which will focus on NPS use (RCs, legal highs). The inteview takes roughly an hour by phone or Skype, or it can be done over email or private message (or any other means you are comfortable with. The interview has 5 sections: personal info, access and use of NPS, harm and risk, accessing information and drug policy perspectives.

All interview data is anonymised and while I ask for details such as your age none of the answers you give will be attached to your name and all data is kept securely on a password protected PC.

If you are interested in taking part in an interview then please email me on [email protected] - if you have any questions please feel free to ask and if you know anyone who might be interested then feel free to pass on my email.

Many thanks!

Kieran

Last edited by a moderator: