• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Decarbing weed without smell

once I saw a chart relating temperature to speed of decarboxylation...

makes me wonder if you could reflux weed with a solvent overnight or for 24h to get it decarbed while being extracted. maybe something like hexane to pull as little green stuff as possible..

Actually you can store cannabis for a very long time without much degradation or conversion to CBN or THC. The curing is for removing excess moisture and some of the more volatile terpenes and esters.

The log fraction of THCA present decreases steadily over time, and the rate of decrease varies according to temperature. At 10-degree increments from 100 to 140 C, half of the THCA is consumed in 30, 11, 6, 3, and 2 minutes; hence the rate constant follows Arrhenius' law, ranging between 10−8 and 10−5 in a linear log-log relationship with inverse temperature. However, modelling of decarboxylation of salicylic acid with a water molecule had suggested an activation barrier of 150 kJ/mol for a single molecule in solvent, much too high for the observed rate. Therefore, it was concluded that this reaction, conducted in the solid phase in plant material with a high fraction of carboxylic acids, follows a pseudo first order kinetics in which a nearby carboxylic acid precipitates without affecting the observed rate constant. Two transition states corresponding to indirect and direct keto-enol routes are possible, with energies of 93 and 104 kJ/mol. Both intermediates involve protonation of the alpha carbon, disrupting one of the double bonds of the aromatic ring and permitting the beta-keto group (which takes the form of an enol in THCA and THC) to participate in decarboxylation

https://www.researchgate.net/public...drocannabinol_Kinetics_and_molecular_modeling

I may be misunderstanding this, but I believe this is saying that decarboxylation (without heat) is unlikely to occur.

As for decarbing, low and slow is the way to go. As the temperature increases more of the THCa will be degraded or destroyed rather than converted to THC.
My opinion is that it's worth decarbing prior to adding the fat just because it's more assurance that I will get a better conversion and I think THC is more fat-soluble than THCa.

Also some cool 11-YEAR OLD hash rosin:
NSFW:

The absolute best way that I can think of to decarb weed without any smell is to do it in a vacuum chamber. You would need a lot less heat too just hot water from the tap will cause decarb under vacuum. You would need a vacuum pump though... and a check valve

I've been looking into making edibles lately, I learned about decarbing and I have two questions, do you have to decarb weed for microwave fire crackers even tho they are being cooked. I can't have a lot of smell and I heard you can do it in a jar but I'm pretty sure it will explode if you put a sealed jar in the oven

this is most potent receipe takes 5 mins literally:

decarb in microwave for 30 secs - for dry herb, for fresh slightly wet - go for a min in microwave.

then heat it in oil until it is slightly brown - takes about a 2 mins, then ur done. - take a tea spoon of oil put it in ur mouth and thats = next level + 5 - your shooting light from ur eyes high,

all thes people who say weed aint psychedelic = u guys dont know yet, detox, fast, try vegan food, then tell me if you dont space travel?

Hey overmind1, that sounds great nice and easy, but on consideration I don't think it will work

Last edited:
I live in an apartment and cook edibles all the time.

The decarb process is normally the stinkiest.

Use one of these. Decarbs your weed and makes butter. Also keeps the smell down a ton.

I went with this guy.

There’s a handful all about the same size and function on Amazon.

https://amzn.to/388r51h

I also recommend the butter molds. They have nice dosage lines that they mold into your butter (or coconut oil). There a ton of molds on Amazon as well.