Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

25i-NBOME - scary things were seen

sanddaddy300

Greenlighter
whats good bluelight, thought I'd make a trip report on a very scary trip I had with 25i. this trip was also really fucking bad because of the set and setting. please do not take research chemicals ever. They are shit and nothing can beat pure L. I also cannot deal with the fucking taste these things out off. anyways this trip took place at my place and I decided I was gonna take somewhere in the ballpark of 10 hits of 25 but ended up taking somewhere around 7. Mind you these hits were on paper so I'm not too sure about dosage. I planned to drop all the 25i, smoke some bud, and add some nos into the mix. I dropped 7 sheets of this stuff and the taste is absolutely horrible. I lay down on my bed listening to some of deadmau5's greatest shit. This trip comes on fast as shit. I begin to see the led lights in my room dance around and the walls begin to move and breathe. Next thing that happens is everything goes slow motion and I feel like there is rays of radiation in my room. I'm laying in the middle of my bed when this is happening and suddenly I see my left wall disappear in ashes. I can literally see through my wall into the outside world. my bed was split completely in half and I felt completely weightless %). this is where it takes a turn for the worst.
I then begin to go into my restroom to where I started tripping really fucking hard. Mind you this is only about 30
minites after ingestion and I'm already peaking. in the restroom I look into the mirror which is never a good idea when tripping and I'm terrified by what I see. my eyes are completely dark and it looks like I have no white in my eyes. I remember my vision at this time was in purple and green. my toilet wasn't a toilet anymore and I wasn't looking like the person I usually look like whatsoever. I look down at my hands and their is paint coming out of my finger tips. I rub the paint on my face and it really looks like their is paint on my face. I couldn't even fathom what I was seeing. I began to freak the fuck out of the thought of me making a mess with paint all over my apartment. I was legit seeing shit that wasn't there at all. And at this point I enter and terrifying time loop that goes on for about 4 hours. I go back into my room and there is no lights on at all like how there was before. just complete darkness. I begin to crawl on the floor in search of my phone and I see figures suddenly surround me in my room. these figures where giving off disgusting energy and intent. they were also all African Americans not that that has anything to do with it but I'm just trying to pain a picture . I felt as if I had been there before in that terrifying place but it that was very new to me. I then stand up and they are all standing around me no more than a few feet away from me in every direction. I feel as if they are making fun of me. I slowly walk towards my bed and there are two more figures laying down on my bed. all you can see is their lit up eyes in the pitch black room. I lay on my bed with the two other figures and they are all standing around my bed looking down at me. I began to seriously regret ever taking the 25i and I just want the trip to end. i stand up and proceed back to the bathroom. the bathroom looks completely different than before and everything is covered in grass that feels wet. this hallucination was actually pretty badass and calming. I look at my counter top and begin to see things forming and by things I mean scary insects. I leave the bathroom and make my way back to my room to see the figures still standing in the corners of my room. at the Time I could've just turned the lights on and felt assured there was nothing there but if you've ever tripped high dose you know the brain doesn't think of these types of smart ideas lmao. the same things go on for the next few hours. I go to my restroom, see something scary, go to my room and see something even scarier. it is a living nightmare. this trip is what made me complexity quit psychedelics for months. I feel like with a better setting and if I actually focused on the trip I could've had a profound experience. instead I was stuck in a terrible time loop which felt like I was stuck in for 10+ hours. after the time loop ends, I end up in my rooms feeling relieved as fuck that I'm not seeing these figures or any other terrifying things. I look at my skin and the texture looks as if I have robot arms and it looks insane. there is many things that I seen that I probably didn't add in but you know how that goes. this trip was probably a total of 12-14 hours and honestly this trip could've been really good if I was in the right place. who knows what I would've experienced if I had added the weed and nos. possibly breaking through I believe.

As they say, the dose makes the poison. It's generally retarded to take that many tabs while not knowing the dose. With something as potent as the nbome series, if you choose to take it then start with a half. You took 14 times that amount, so just be glad that you're alive.

Substances can be fun and harmless if you do it right, which equates to being careful and educating yourself on proper harm reduction techniques. Make it an ally instead of an enemy by staying productive and not fulfilling that druggie stereotype. This amounts to treating it as a recreational activity and not much more than that, besides the exception of spiritual/mental self-discovery.

I'll edit your thread title later (can't seem to figure out how to on my phone), but take care and be safe with all of these substances, not just with 25I.

Thanks for sharing. I'll just echo KL and also add that you very easily could have died from taking that much 25i. People have died on much less than that. They really are dangerous substances, with unpredictable effects and a not very well understood mechanism of toxicity/death. In their short time in existence they've caused more deaths than any other group of psychedelics has in its whole history. If you choose to use it again, I really hope you take this to heart and dose far lower. Also there are many other substances which are much safer and carry virtually no risk of a serious adverse reaction.

Well I see you basically echoed my sentiment at the very beginning of your report. I wouldn't say don't ever take research chemicals, I'd just say understand what they are and the risks associated, for some more than others. It's not going to physically hurt you if you take 7 or 10 hits of LSD, or even more, but 25i can kill you, and has killed a variety of people. There are plenty of research chemicals that are some of my favorite drugs, but I make sure to use my milligram scale and/or liquid measurement to be accurate with the dose, and I made sure to research them extensively before use so I could make the safest decisions possible for their use.

I couldn't agree more buddy. but for
my sake I will say away from rc's for the rest of my life. but you are right with low dosages the risk is much lower.

good god man you took too much...... and you endangered not only yourself but anyone who was around you IMO. 7 hits yeah the taste should have been aborable. 25I can be managed well but it must be kept at low doses as others have already pointed out. I see it as a sophisticated psychedelic in all honesty, like a very fine well aged single malt scotch.... the user should sip at it, not down shot of it. Not the best comparison, but it's what came to my mind.

I get where you are coming from
lol. I was alone during this whole trip so no one was harmed and I came out fine as well lol.

I've never been a fan of the NBOME class of psychedelic. The most useful thing about it were the lessons that could be learnt. The O (oxygen) on the ortho methoxy group of the NBOMEs overlays the =O in the amide of LSD. It proves that there is a large, lipophilic space near those oxygens (the oxygens acting as a lone-pair acceptor in a neutral group. Diethyl works best because it's the largest size of alkyl groups on the amide that cannot conformationally isomerise to be beyond the lipophilic space. The (S,S) dimethyl azetadine proves that an inflexible moiety is more potent. It's just my opinion, but the amide obviously the only possible group (an ether works just as well).

I've asked Dr. Dave about this - he normally puts in a bit of effort because I always send EVERYTHING on compounds I've looked into and the results.

Chill out with name calling and so forth. There's no need to call this guy a child, he was just sharing an experience. There's a way to say that it was irresponsible without resorting to demeaning. What it comes across as is that you're on a superiority complex. Since when does insulting someone ever work to get them to really hear you?