The Mega Hip-Hop/Rap DISCUSSION Thread VII

Wasn't really feeling the new Kendrick Lamar album, idk why but I was never too into that guy

havent really been too into rap for a little while now. I'll fuck with The Weeknd and Travis Scott but not for anything lyrical, I just like their sound.

Migos get some alright beats and make catchy hooks but that's about it IMO

same deal with Rae Sremmurd

Future is starting to get old to me, not gonna lie I'd rather listen to Travis Scott anymore

Drake is still Drake. Awesome lyricist, gets on awesome instrumentals, awesome flow, but he's still Drake. I'm not one to hold someone down for not being "hood" so to speak but at the same time don't start talking all that tough shit either. I liked him better when he wasn't beefing with people. People think Drake "murdered" Meek Mill but apparently nobody told that to people who actually live in the ghetto. At least in Philly.

Lil Yachty is actually alright to me. He sounds kind of corny (his voices reminds me of Meatwad from ATHF) and doesn't usually say anything overly clever but idk I just dig his songs usually.

Big Sean always kind of bothered me

same deal with Fetty Wap but at least he doesn't really try to be a rapper in the traditional sense

I fuck with Lil Dicky, he is funny

Not sure how to feel about Lil Uzi Vert. Depends on my mood I guess. Kind of in the same boat as Yachty (pun intended)

I guess Lil Wayne still raps? It's crazy how long he's been around.

DJ Khaled is kind of annoying too

not sure exactly when it happened, but it seems like rap music is basically 99% about instrumentals anymore. Not that I'm even opposed to the producers getting their just dues, because I always thought the instrumentals were more important, but very rarely do I find myself going "damn, that was a hot line" when listening to rap music

funniest line I've heard this year is from the iSpy song with Lil Yachty and Kyle (that's really the name he's going with?) Kyle says

Boy is good and he knows it
He don't say it he shows it
I am just like DeRozan
if I shoot it it goes in

then again, I'm also a sucker for NBA references in rap songs

got so high last night i did a show on mars

love these comments "1,765,429 views3 days ago
Dolph really makes motivational music for street niggas and i wont stop till i get to where hes at. Respect, from kenya
Reply 30

Pretty soon rap music isn't even going to be about lyrics, it's just going to be hot beats with dudes moaning some gibberish in the background. Kind of already getting to that point

That being said, I fuck with this song, even if it sounds a lot like Skateboard P by madeintyo

Pretty soon rap music isn't even going to be about lyrics, it's just going to be hot beats with dudes moaning some gibberish in the background. Kind of already getting to that point

That being said, I fuck with this song, even if it sounds a lot like Skateboard P by madeintyo

I like the shit where it's just rappers slurring saying nothing

been bumpin this track alot (not related to the slurring I understand this track)

got so high last night i did a show on mars

love these comments "1,765,429 views3 days ago
Dolph really makes motivational music for street niggas and i wont stop till i get to where hes at. Respect, from kenya
Reply 30

You ignorant or something ? Kenyan gangsters are raw af....

and i feel like a granpa for complaining , all the young chicks feel these types of tracks.

i don't feel em at all. this song is garbage too.

i put my first cd in sandwhich bags tied with a knot! CULTURE!

Last edited: