The Mega Hip-Hop/Rap DISCUSSION Thread VII

New age "rappers" are wack. Yall hear about this takashi69 dude? Convicted of felony counts of using a minor in a sexual performance.

Just fucking gimmicks. How to be a new rapper, become a drug addict and get face tats. I know I sound like an old hater but whatever. Shits hot garbage. Most of them atleast, the shitty ones have soured me from checking out any rapper age 22 and younger.

Fuck Earl Sweatshirt was writing BARZ @ 16. Sure shock rap was in there, the whole fuck society gimmick but BARZ at a young age. Love the teamback with cyhi, ortiz, and benton.

"These new rappers a bunch of faggots and fuck boys Ay, I bet you these niggas fuck boys Fake thugs, Gustos, CB4 I talked to 'Pac with a Ouija board, Hail Mary"

"Every other day I stood around some shit that'd make you nauseous Buck 50, son cheek falling while he talking"

Rant over lmao

LMFAO fucken ken oath! I speak to pac and i can understand what his talking about but if it's him talking to me i don't understand what his talking bout..shit is wild son

That Jarren Benton, Cyhi The Prynce, Joell Ortiz one is siiiick.

Anyone else think Wayne’s Dedication 6 is straight friggin fire?
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lYATz3STgew[/video]
I think he out did Kendrick on DNA

1-(4-methyl-2,6-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

CARDY B [PSI-DOM] rawks!!!!

"Ya'll niggas ain't ready!
Ya'll niggas ain't ready!
Ya'll niggas ain't ready!
You cain't smoke none!"--Raheem The Dream, "Tight 4 LIFE."

Edit: I worded that first post poorly. That was just a song I liked, he actually did a remix of DNA...unless I misunderstood your post at which point disregard this edit lol.

^Different strokes I suppose but imo he crushed it. Another good line from the tape: “Never bout the kids or the pets my nigga no, it’s right between the ears above the neck my nigga woah”. Almost the whole tape is fire imo. It’s funny to me that DNA even ended up on a Dedication since Kdot’s C4 mixtape was mostly Wayne remixes. Life is certainly cyclical.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is considered a bump but if you see this comment psy997 listen to the actually DNA remix and get back to me. Curious it really goes that hard of if it?s just in my head. Go Brazy is awesome to. Most consistent mixtape I?ve ever heard.

I just listened to the DNA remix. It's definitely better than most of what I've heard from Lil Wayne since the The Carter III era - I think, he fell off so hard he's probably in my top five least favorite rappers that I ever respected, now - but I would never listen to it myself. The "wordplay" is good, I guess, but it's using other people's styles, and, the content is weak. I have a hard time respecting any kind of rap that's not saying something. There's no point otherwise. If you're gonna brag, at least have the bars to do it ie. Celph Titled, Apathy, AoTP, actual good braggadocio shit.

I wouldn’t consider the content weak, maybe the word play a little rough at times. I Didn’t listen to Wayne until 2009 and I must say most of his mixtapes are second to none. No ceilings (1/2) sorry for the wait(1/2) all had lots of good shit, and it’s all fresh for me :). Even though D6 is my favorite so far I find the Dedication series itself the worst one by far and am unable to listen to them.

Using other people styles”...remember when Kendrick was coming up he had a mixtape that almost all Wayne covers(C4). I love hearing his takes on these popular songs, and the fact that he drops the one after another for free. No one gives out more free bars than Wayne. IMO his remixes are usual better than the original as long as he doesn’t go crazy with auto tune. I just don’t jive with the “girly” songs lol
Lastly I don’t think Wayne ever really fell off. He was average until he left Cash Money. Everything after C3 is good in my book. Minus the songs drenched in auto tune where drake and he steal each other’s flows(songs for those bad bitches lol). Have you not heard Watch my Shoes or Up Up and Away?/rant

Last edited:
Personally, wayne has seen better days. I think the Carter II and Dedication II era was the pinnacle of his career. Everything after that is downhill.

Takin it back to the 90s. I was doing a little browsing on discogs and found X-Clan. Someone said they were the funkiest group out there, but I think I still like A Tribe Called Quest better. I listened to the Low End Theory a lot one year. Also not a huge fan of the consciousness thing. I prefer unconsciousness.

Yea if you think Wayne never fell off I flat out don't respect your taste in rap.

lol in my defense I didn’t listen to him until I was 25. Everything from C4 and up I fucks with. Mostly the mixtapes, and how he runs his mixtape songs together at his show is pretty sweet. Like a highlight reel. Like I said I just don’t like the girly auto tune shit but I don’t respect him less for reaching out to the ladies. Rolling in the Deepvwas a pretty sweet cover
Edit: everyone please at least give D6 a chance. Doubt you’d regret it, like 4 songs that aren’t awesome

Last edited:
[JUMPTO][video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H1fIhj3NNjw[/video][/JUMPTO]Last one I promise: