• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A benzo recommendation

I was prescribed 15mg diazepam (Valium) daily after already have been on Xanax XR (not one I'd recommend, alprazolam is far too addictive and short-lived even with the XR formula, its great for breakthrough anxiety and panic attacks otherwise re-dosing is a must with alpraz), temazepam at night (man do I miss that one, but it's strictly for severe insomnia being it's a strong hypnotic and very recreational due to it's prominent euphoriant qualities), and first I was on 0.5mg clonazepam (Klonopin) x 3 daily. It served me well, but it killed my appetite just as you mentioned and cause mood-swings without the aid of marijuana.

But to get to the point: Diazepam was absolutely perfect for SAD/GAD/panic attacks it's an all-around classic, cure-all anxiolytic. Great mood-uplifting/antidepressant and muscle-relaxant properties. Didn't have any noticeable affect on my appetite either. I need to get back on it honestly. As well as my temazepam (Restoril) not only did it anhiliate my insomnia, but it had anxiolysis that lasted clear into the next morning/early afternoon.

If the appetite thing is a big issue, I suggest working out a way to medicate with indica-dominant MMJ. I don't know what I'd do without it. Not only does my anxiety affect my appetite, but my Hepatitis C (sharing needles during my IV opioid/cocaine habit throughout the past 4/5 yrs).

It's nice to hear somebody else has trouble eating on benzodiazepines, most say they get the munchies. I do rarely, usually on alprazolam + cannabis and it's mostly for milkshakes and shit.

I am on four klonapins 1 mg a day not that this is the answer but. Still scream and cry and react when things upset me. I have such a bad home situation that I do not even know how I get by a day. I go to therapy also.

Last edited:
stay away from the lexapro and seroquel bro, they pack on the weight...for me 4mg of klonopin and 300mg of clomipromine work great for daily chronic anxiety

Does klonapin cause diarrhea because I am taking four klonapins 1 mg a day and now I noticed my stomach is loose I did have a stomach bug for like a week but I notice it's the still a bit loose. I don't know if it's the Klpnapon also. Does anybody have any experience with this? I am also on a new antibiotic for my urine infection but does make me nauseous but it doesn't have anything on it that says it causes or queasy stomach. When I was on the three Klonapin a day 1 mg this was not happening. Thanks in advance.

I am on four klonapins 1 mg a day not that this is the answer but. Still scream and cry and react when things upset me. I have such a bad home situation that I do not even know how I get by a day. I go to therapy also.

My advice is get off the benzos before it's too late... I was on klonopin for years in college, went to jail and was pronounced dead after having 5 grand mal seizures in 5 days..I went benzo free for 7 years and I've been on 4mgs since December and currently tapering....all they do is put a psychological bandaid on your problems, albeit you seem observant and intelligent enough to have already recognized this.

Diazapam

I am going to ask my pychiatrist next appointment for the lowest dosage of diazepam. I am desperate at this point. I have very bad anxiety. And this is my second ACS case. The Neighbors or somebody around here put a complaint in that I was using vulgar language towards my children but this was in the privacy of my home but they must've heard something through outside and it was something I said but it was misconstrued. And having a second ACS case against me I am very very scared this is off the subject but it is very hard to get a pro bono lawyer and I don't have the money for a lawyer that's $500 an hour. So I'm really desperate now so I'm thinking of going on volumes the lowest dose so if they throw water on the floor or get paint all over and put permanent marker all over and destroy my house and destroy every room in my house and put my make up all over the wallsdo things that make me go nuts maybe it's a little OCD it will help me so I'm going to ask the psychiatrist to change my meds. And I'm sure ACS got in touch with my psychiatrist anyway. But she will not admit it. By but I will find out about it anyway when I get the investigation files. I'm sorry I'm going off the subject. But the Klonopin hardly relaxes me just a little but I still go full-blown crazy when they do things that upset me and plus I have a husband that may be getting sick or something is wrong with him he sleeps really a lot and I go crazy and I'm crying all the time trying to get a him up and I need him to help my fourth grade daughter with the homework and he gets uptoo late and just a lot of stuff goes on in I'm just totally not relax. And with my neighbor is putting in another case on me because I had another ACS case that's very complicated I want to get into that I need to get this volume I think to save my life from getting them to call cops or ACS again. Because I could be in danger of getting arrested. The patrol cops will not arrest me but I don't know if the regular cops would arrest me. I'm in a desperate situation and I think I really might need the volume diazepam to save my life right now. Everybody tells me to send them in with the homework. I am not like that I never as a kid went into school went out doing my homework I just cannot do that now know what to do because I just cannot do the fourth grade math and some the fourth grade stuff like one of the hottest grades in elementary school and we cannot afford a tutor we are not horrible financial Financial situation he hasn't been working in two years and I have to be here for the kids because he sleeps all the time and he would never never make it to get them and get them back I'm sure ACS got in touch with my psychiatrist but if I ask her what she will not admit it but maybe she will give me the diazepam because she probably knows what's going on she probably knows that the neighbors or whoever it may be reported a second ACS case. I wouldn't even be surprised if it's my husband next reported a second ACS case but preventive services that comes over you have a count for she said nice I can guarantee you it's not your husband but how can I really believe her. I am very sorry to go off the subject but I'm just explaining why am desperately needing the volume. ACS case but preventive services that comes over you have a count for she said nice I can guarantee you it's not your husband but how can I really believe her. I am very sorry to go off the subject but I'm just explaining why am desperately needing the diazapam. And going off the subject if this is even allowed on the board I don't even know if it is I'm sorry if it isn't if anybody has any advice on getting the free from pro bono lawyer in New York let me know because I've been looking for months and I cannot find anybody one lawyer said to me going to try to get a student working on some kind of project they never contacted me. And I just don't have the money to pay $500 in our for a lawyer in a lot of of the borrows they have it often but not here The only way I would get the lawyer free is if they will bring me to court and then Gladys right now then I'll bring them home so I'm lucky for now on that way but not lucky because I don't have a problem Bonow lawyer to back me up and a lot of the situations. Like for instance I don't really even think I should have a case just been using local language that's just my Opinion. I apologize if I went off the roles and off the topic because I didn't really read all the rules and what you're supposed to not talk about and talk about on certain boards so I apologize if I wasn't supposed to talk about the reason why I need the diazepam and everything I'm going through so I hope my boss doesn't get removed.

I have been on And off Klonopin for 6 years at 3mg a day and have never had that problem. I am a veteran and know a lot of Vets who are on it and I have never heard of anyone complain of diarrhea from Klonopin as it is a commonly prescribed med by the VA. I would love to be off Benzos for good but with my anxiety anger and rage nothing helps me as well a Klonopin has. I have been prescribed multiple meds and none have helped. I have a family to take care of, so I need to be careful with my issues. The best case scenario for me would to live by myself on a secluded island.

I wish there was a way that I can live alone. I also have 3 children and a sahm for over 11 years in a horrible marriage and my 5 year d needs me and 8 yr old.

All benzos gave me the munchies, I put on 2 stone with lithium, lyrica and seroquel. It really is a matter of life changes, diet, exercise etc... go join a gym,m it gives me a reason to get up in the morning and I swear I feel thinner after one session ???
Lithium, Lyrica and Seroquel are not Benzo's.

Diazapam

I started 5 mg of Diazapam. It is awful. I have breakthrough bleeding. I am nauseous. I am more nervous and anxious. Sometimes I cannot catch my breath. I hate it. I am going back to the pychiatrist asap and telling her that I want to go back on klonapin 3 x a day with the option of 4 sometimes. E Ouse 4 daily did not work out and 3 did not make me cough and give me as much of a dry mouth. 4 gave me me more side affects than 3. But this vAlium is the worse. I thought it would be great. I need to see the gyn for a irons test and culture and I do not think I can with this breakthrough bleeding. Then my next week is the sugar pill when you bleed. I am already three weeks late with my gyn. Who knew the Diazapam would give me breakthrough bleeding. I take a bc pill also.

Not such a good experience.